2014 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
Available in 16 styles:  2014 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4x2 Regular Cab 8' box 133.7" WB shown
Starting MSRP

Information Coming Soon

Overall

2014 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 Duramax

by Trucker from Bailey, CO | June 19, 2014

I traded for a 2012 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 WT regular cab with the 6.0L gas engine a few years ago. I really enjoyed the truck and it was 100% reliable for the two years I drove it. But, I haul a lot of firewood in the summer and fall and needed a little more towing capability. I found I needed a little more room in the cab, too, on the occasions where the truck was used for family trips. I was also looking for a little better fuel economy than the 12.6 mpg I averaged with the 6.0L. I thought the Duramax was out of my reach. The incentives offered by Chevy for the 2014 model year closeout changed my mind. I was recently able to purchase a 2014 2500HD WT crew cab with the Duramax engine. This truck is amazing. Even in WT trim it's got power windows, locks and towing mirrors. The interior is quite comfortable and very roomy. Folding the rear seats is easy and provides for lots of room for monthly trips to CostCo. The plastic trim inside the truck seems to be upgraded over the 2012 and feels softer and of higher quality. Everything on the truck feels solid. The Duramax engine is amazing. There is more power in this truck than most people will need. The truck accelerates quickly even with a heavy load. There is a slight amount of turbo lag when you press your right foot sharply on the pedal but after that slight pause, hold on to your hat. This truck will hit 60 or 70 mph in a heartbeat. When it's empty it'll run with most cars from a dead stop. The diesel is quiet, too, and it doesn't smoke or smell like a diesel, something my wife really appreciates. Cruising down the highway the Duramax pulls only about 1700 rpm at 65mph and the ride quality is as good and quiet as most higher end cars. Chevy offers 2 yrs/24,000 miles of basic maintenance on every truck. That means you really have no maintenance costs for the first two years since they'll take care of oil/filter/lube service plus DEF top-off for that period. Even then, there's no heavy maintenance required under normal circumstances for almost 100,000 miles. Oil/filter/lube, DEF, air and transmission filters and some fluid flushes/fills and that's it. I don't put a lot of miles on my trucks and I do maintain them better than most people so I expect this 2500HD to last me a long time. All in all I'm 100% satisfied with this truck and after comparing it with the competition, especially price, I'm convinced it's far and away the best choice of heavy haulers on the market. I'd recommend this truck without hesitation to anyone in the market.

Solidly built & has everything a guy could ask for

by Outdoor Sportsman from Stephens Point, WI | February 18, 2014

Looked hard and long for a Heavy-Duty truck to replace my rusted out 2001 Ford F-350. The Silverado has all the bells and whistles and maintains the dependability and work load I need. Since buying my 2500 HD 4X4, I see them everywhere now, seems I'm not the only one that likes this truck.