Full-size pickup trucks are Detroit's bread and butter. Last year Chevrolet played fairly conservatively with the Silverado's first major redesign since the 2007 model. The Chevrolet Silverado 1500 shares its platform with the GMC Sierra 1500, but there are significant styling differences to appeal to shoppers with different tastes. Competitors include the Ram 1500 and Ford F-150.
There are five trim levels: WT, LS, LT, LTZ and High Country. For truck buyers who need to tow 20,000 pounds or more there are 2500HD and 3500HD heavy-duty versions of the Silverado, which have been significantly updated for 2015.
(Skip to details on the: 2500HD and 3500HD)
New for 2015
Silverado 1500s with the 6.2-liter V-8 engine have an eight-speed automatic transmission. The Chevrolet MyLink multimedia system adds text messaging alerts and Siri Eyes Free mode, while 4G LTE internet connectivity is available through the OnStar communication system. A three-month/3-gigabyte data trial is included. Trailering side mirrors with backup lighting are available.
Below is a list of highlighted features and not an exhaustive list. Features are standard unless otherwise noted.
- Regular-cab, double-cab and crew-cab body styles
- Several box lengths available
- Available heated side mirrors
- Available power moonroof
- Available trailer hitch receiver
- Available remote start
- Seats up to six people in certain configurations
- Available leather upholstery
- Available heated and cooled front seats
- Air conditioning; available dual-zone automatic climate control
- Available power-adjustable pedals
- Available navigation system
- Available heated steering wheel
Under the Hood
- Base 285-horsepower, 4.3-liter V-6 engine
- Available 355-hp, 5.3-liter V-8
- Available 420-hp, 6.2-liter V-8
- Six- or eight-speed automatic transmission
- Rear- or four-wheel drive
- Required in every new car: front airbags, antilock brakes and an electronic stability system
- Available lane departure warning
- Available forward collision warning
- Available front and rear parking sensors
- Available backup camera
Silverado 2500HD and 3500HD
The heavy-duty versions of the Silverado get new, stronger cargo boxes; new exterior styling that improves airflow over the engine for better performance in extreme conditions; and new interior styling.
- Maximum payload of 7,374 pounds
- Maximum towing capacity of 19,600 pounds with a conventional trailer hitch
- Maximum fifth-wheel towing capacity of 23,200 pounds
- Choice of V-8 engines that run on gas, diesel or gas/compressed natural gas
- Six-speed automatic transmission
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD.