2012 Chevrolet Sonic

25–26 city / 35 hwy

Overall

recalls

by gj from Santa Rosa, CA. | May 20, 2014

There have been 3 recalls so far. I am afraid there is something wrong with the gages, they pop off and on. Not too happy.

34,000 miles later

by Minnesota from Jordan, MN | April 14, 2014

More warranty work knock censor and torque converter seal. think I will start looking for another chevy when 5 year 100,000 mile runs out.

Awesome car

by Sonic love from Maine | February 10, 2014

My sonic is very comfortable, reliable and handles well!!!! I had a small SUV before with several issues ... The sonic is just what I needed!!!!

Sonic Hatchback-Great car!

by Grandma of 6 from O'Fallon, IL | January 22, 2014

Having owned more Chevys than not since the mid 60s, I was "just looking" for a slightly smaller car than my 2007 Cobalt. I tried a test drive of the Spark first, but it was a windy day, and on the highway, the trucks blew me away! So I went back and tried the Sonic Hatchback. I was impressed by the looks at first, and after I took a test drive, I was sold! It has a 6-speed auto (with plenty of power), cruise, power windows, remote start, keyless entry, rear wiper, Bluetooth for the phone, a phone by itself and OnStar...all the bells and whistles. I bought the 2012 car in Dec. 2013 and have already put 18,000 miles on it. I have had great gas mileage (up to 35MPH on the highway), comfortable seats and more room than I expected in the hatch "trunk". I liked the look of the hatchback better than the sedan because the back doors don't stand out as being a 4-door car. Good sporty look to it! I am very impressed with the car. The only thing missing is a sunroof!

Tough Customer Approves of Car

by S From NEOhio from North East Ohio | November 19, 2013

After 16 months of owning the LS 2012 5 spd Manual Transmission Sedan, I'm ready to speak. Make no mistake, I'm still keenly suspect of Chevys. This is my first, and I forked out an unhealthy amount of dough for the Extended Warranty, Undercoating / Sealant and Tire/Wheel warranty. I love the way the car handles and coasting is... wow... fun. At 24,000 miles, blind spots, radio quality and seat comfort are my biggest complaints. Gas mileage took a year to get to 42 avg city/hwy. I've even held 53 mpg a couple of days. But, mpg is very prone to wind conditions and tire inflation. I have one tire that needs weekly attention otherwise, it will keep me at 38 mpg. I just bought new Cooper CS Touring tires since the OEM tires (Hankook) were at times scary in snow. The new tires will make the car more sluggish and we'll see on mpg with greater traction. Not sure how I can work in my Hankook Optimo's for summer driving, since they roll so nicely. Overall, I paid too much for the car, but I'm still pleased with it.

Eh, It's OK.

by Terra from Columbia, MD | August 28, 2013

I have had this car for about a year and a half now. The start-up "turning the key" is worrysome, which makes me think this has to do with me not getting that much gas mileage as others with a Sonic? the brakes make this weird noise even though they are near-new. This car has had 4 recalls since it was made, which is i guess to be expected for a new model. it's very slow and doesn't shift as much as it should being that is is 6 gears.. Other than that, the look of the car and the features are pretty nice., but when it comes down to it, you need it to work properly..

Love my Chevy.

by Mr. Rob from Cincinnati, OH | July 2, 2013

The last Chevy I owned was a '94 Cavalier 2.2L. Best car I owned. I am very hopeful this car will last as long.

A nice little car. And it is a chevy.

by used car Enthusiast. from Columbia, SC | April 18, 2013

I never owned a chevy, my dad always owned chevys but that was a long way back. So far it has been a good car. Not too many extras that will just break when it gets old. It is a small car and it looks good.

Love this car

by sonic lover from Thumb of Michigan | April 8, 2013

I recently was given a 2012 Chevy Sonic as a gift from my husband. It was sitting on the showroom floor and I fell in love as soon as I saw it. It is comfortable, the turbo is so quick for passing, and it has all the bells and whistles. It is the nicest car I have ever owned and I love it. Averages 34 miles to the gal, I thought it would get a little better, but everything else is so nice I wouldn't trade it. I got the midnight black metallic color and have had many people tell how classy the color is. It is bigger on the inside than what it looks like, too.

2012 Sonic by Chevrolet

by htsmcrider from Lufkin Texas | February 26, 2013

It has a 6 speed autotomatic transmission and you can feel all six gears.Not a smooth shifting vehichle. Not much Pep with 1.8 L engine.Also no cruise control which I dearly miss.Windows are crank,not auto.But less to go wrong.It says 39 MPG..On a grat day all I am getting is 32 MPG. And thats on a very rare day.It handles well, as far as driving is concerned.I traded in a 2009 HHR which was a much better vehicle.