2013 Chevrolet Sonic

Starting MSRP

Overall

Best Chevy Yet

by Sonic In Red from Knoxville, TN | July 31, 2014

Love this car, it's good looking, fun to drive and the fuel economy is great. Bought 2013 LT Sedan in Crystal Red Metallic and get lots of positive comments. The car is equipped with the fog light package, and it looks more expensive than it was.

I love my chevy sonic its a smart looking car

by Joan from Framingham Mass. | May 20, 2014

I have received a lot of compliments on my chevy sonic It also is a very reliable car It is comfortable and handles nice

the good and the ugly

by test drive king from minneapolis | May 11, 2014

I've test driven the 1.8 liter and the turbo versions of the Sonic. By far the turbo is more fun and just as quiet as the other. But why do you think you hardly ever see a Sonic on the road? They're ugly...that's why. I like the way Chevy tried to hide the 4 door look but the outside design or lines of the hatchback are too boxy and not graceful. The front is cool looking with the headlights and hood but from the side it looks like another box or angry kitchen appliance. Nice interior, nice refinement but in my opinion...not very good looking.

Sporty, Comfortable, Convenience

by GingerLeigh from Chicago, IL | February 6, 2014

I have heard a lot of negative things about small, domestic cars, and was reticent to consider the Chevy Sonic. But I did a lot of research before I test drove the RS, including reading reviews from critics and consumers and comparing the Sonic RS to other small cars. I test drove it and liked it, so I looked online at several car sales sites and found an outstanding deal through this site (I had to drive 300 miles to get the car, though). I am a very large person but find the Sonic's seat and cabin perfect for me. I looked at other small cars - like the Honda Fit and the Hyundai Elantra - but the seatbelts dug into my side. I also had a hard time getting into and out of those cars, but the Sonic is high enough off the ground, and the door opens wide enough that I can climb in with relative ease. I like the heated seats a lot, and the heater runs pretty well. The pick-up on the Sonic is fairly good. The ride itself is kind of rough. I pretty much feel every pothole. The steering is very tight, though, so I always feel in control. And I really like the remote start (standard on the RS). I like the My Link sound/technology system. My Android phone works fairly well with it and I can get and make phone calls easily, though I do have trouble with the phonebook; the car won't recognize my phone's phonebook. The sound system pics up my favorite music app - TuneIn Radio - and the system easily transitions me into and out of the car. So if I'm talking to someone through the car, and I turn the car off and get out, I'm still talking to them when I'm walking up to my front door. No disconnection. I wish the back seats would lay flat, and I wish the cargo space would hold more. Chevy could take notes from Honda about utilizing backseat and trunk/hatchback space better. The mpg is not anywhere near what it is advertised to be. I get about 18.8 in the city if I'm being really good. Overall, I'm pleased with my purchase and feel I got what I paid for. I'm satisfied that the 36000 mile/3 year bumper to bumper warranty follows the car and not the buyer, so, since I bought this car used, I have some peace of mind knowing if anything breaks down in the next couple of years, it will be covered. And the extended powertrain warranty of 100,000 miles stays in effect as well. And with that, roadside assistance. I called Chevy with several questions about the warranty, and a rep was able to help me right away.

Best car I owned

by Turbo from Montgomery, IL | January 12, 2014

I purchased a new car from Advantage Chevrolet in Bolingbrook and I am in love with my new car. Not only are the staff very friendly they helped me find the perfect car that was in my budget. What even more awesome is all the extra features that this car has with out it hurting my pocket. Definitely a nice reliable and affordable car.

Best value for dollar with great incentives!

by camaroxguy from Hillside, NJ | December 27, 2013

I just drove home yesterday, car is very nice and comfortable in general. For a sub-compact it's really great stuff from Chevy. Power is definitely there (I got a 1.4 turbo) and I can't complain with the paint and interior, it's simple and nice!

Awesome performance for a 1.4L Turbo

by Chevy Man from San Fernando Valley, CA | December 18, 2013

Besides already being a GM guy. Let alone at least American cars. So I was trying to make up my mind if I should by a new car...well I did! I shopped around and did my homework thoroughly. For the size with weight, cargo, styling and performance the little Sonic is just the greatest choice. But being the sporty car guy I am i just had to go all out and get the Sonic RS! Unlike most people I'm a color person and really wanted a sunroof so I was all over looking and found one in Northern California. Bright Red and after cleaning and waxing it up it is just plain awesome. It is so nimble, pepy and great to drive. I didn't even know it had heated seats as well as everything u can get in a little car like this..I really don't know where 10 airbags are....but I love to drive my little RED ROCKET! Thanks GM...I love you!!!

Just what the doctor ordered

by City Driver from Shawnee, Kansas | November 15, 2013

Was looking for a smaller car for city driving that would fit in a smaller garage space. So far so good. Am getting 24 plus mpg in city driving. Probably could do better but this little dynamo is way too much fun to drive to be creeping away from stop lights. Got the LTZ turbo hatch back, automatic. It is very confortable in the front seats and a blast to drive. The torgue and pick up is exceptional. Ride is comfortable and controled. Cabin is quiet. Read some reviews complaining about wandering out of lane. Have no idea what those reviewers were smoking. Steering is sharp and precise with no wandering. Lack of Home Link for garage door opening is my only complaint. This is my first Chevy product in many years, what an improvement over the old days.

The Hedgehog

by Super Sonic from Sullivan, IL | September 16, 2013

Great little car. Better than advertised gas mileage. Good power for its size. No wind noise at all, nicely sealed. Enormous trunk for such a small car. Packed plenty of options into this small package. The MyLink radio is okay but not special. They're chewing up your phone data to make things work for them. They should also offer more apps if they're wanting you to use your data to make their radio work to sell their car. The cockpit wraps around you nicely and gives plenty of head room. The cup holders are positioned too far toward the back of the center section between the seats making it hard to reach when you have more than one in use. The steering wheel could have been made of a material with better grip. Chevy could have picked better tires for this one as these give you too much road noise. They grip the road well but you hear every bump you go over. Overall it's a great little car, the negative comments are just food for thought for GM for the next model year.

Sonic is GREAT

by RugerPirate from Wyoming | September 9, 2013

I had been a proud owner of an HHR. I loved that little car, just didn't get as good a gas mileage that I wanted. I just purchased a Chevy Sonic 5door hatchback last week. I opted for the non-turbo 1.8 ltr, and I have not been disappointed. I live in Wyoming, near the Bighorn Mountains. This little car climbed the mountain road with no trouble and was able to pass slower moving rigs on short stretches with no problem. I like the manual mode Auto-stick, it makes descents from the mountains easy without wearing out the brakes.