2014 Chevrolet Spark EV

See Photos & Videos

Overall

NICE Around-Town commuter

by Lovin' Sparky EV from Fresno, CA | February 28, 2014

I don't have many miles on my "little battery on wheels", but it sure is fun to drive. I bought mine without the fast charging option, since it will charge overnight just fine for my needs. If I drive it a lot, I can boost the charging level to 12 amps. Going to get a 240-volt L2 charger soon, but not really a necessity. Best part: It's a smooth-rolling rocket at a green light. And about the quietest car I've ever driven, including a Volt. Also, the lowest cost to drive. My gas car at 20 mpg cost almost 20 cents a mile for fuel, this one only 2 cents, since I charge at night rates. Worst part: I don't like the horn sound, and the interior dome light blinds the driver at night.

The least expensive way to go!

by older driver from San Jose, CA | September 5, 2013

My 2014 Chevy Spark must be the least expensive way to go! It gets 4.2 miles per kWh in mixed city and freeway driving. At PG&E's 3.5 cents per kWh this amounts to $0.0085 per mile. At that rate you could drive across the USA for $26! The car, itself, has the usual Chevy failings: ineffective sun shades, too bright a driver's display (no dimmer!) and lousy rear view mirror high beam deflection. I suppose that is why God made duct tape and cardboard. But, the technology is here! The 100 mile range is fine for local driving.