The Chevrolet Spark is a four-door hatchback that boasts city-friendly dimensions and Chevrolet's available MyLink multimedia system. Slotting below the subcompact Sonic, which is more than a foot longer in hatchback form, the Spark competes with a handful of minicars in the U.S.: the Smart ForTwo, Scion iQ and Fiat 500.
An all-electric Spark EV is available in California and Oregon, but Chevrolet has not announced plans to sell the EV in other states.
(Skip to details on the: Spark EV)
New for 2014
Now in its second model year, the Spark can have a continuously variable automatic transmission, which replaces a four-speed automatic as the car's optional transmission. The new transmission is designed to offer better gas mileage, improved acceleration and less engine noise. All trim levels now have standard automatic headlights, and 2LT models add heated side mirrors with integrated turn signals.
- 144.7-inch overall length
- 15-inch alloy wheels
- Body-colored door handles
- Available fog lights
- Available roof rails
- Seats up to four
- Standard cloth seats; simulated leather available
- 11.4 cubic feet of cargo room behind backseat; 31.2 cubic feet of maximum cargo space
- Air conditioning
- AM/FM stereo with MP3 jack, outside temperature display
- Power windows
- Available cruise control
- Available power locks
- Available steering-wheel audio and phone controls
- Available MyLink multimedia system with MP3 jack and USB port
- Available Apple Siri voice recognition integration with compatible iPhone
Under the Hood
- 84-horsepower, 1.2-liter four-cylinder engine
- Engine runs on regular gas
- Standard five-speed manual; optional CVT
- Front-wheel drive
- 10 airbags
- Antilock brakes
- Electronic stability system
- Six months of OnStar, which includes automatic crash notification, stolen vehicle assistance and roadside assistance
The Spark EV is an all-electric version of Chevrolet's minicar and the brand's first purely battery-powered car. (Chevrolet's Volt uses a gasoline engine that sustains charge once its electric range is depleted.) The car's approximate range is 82 miles, and like other electric cars such as the Nissan Leaf and Ford Focus Electric, the Spark EV is dead once the battery is drained. It went on sale in limited numbers in Oregon and California in summer 2013, and Chevrolet hasn’t said whether it will be offered in other states.
- Powered by an electric motor and lithium-ion battery pack
- Charging time of about seven hours with a 240-volt source, 20 hours with a 120-volt outlet
- Available DC quick charging is designed to replenish 80 percent of the battery in about 20 minutes
- Digital instrument cluster
- Range-extending elements include low-rolling-resistance tires, active shutters and a rear spoiler
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2014 Chevrolet Spark EV.
Asking Price Range
Asking Price Range