2013 Chevrolet Spark

2013 Chevrolet Spark
Available in 6 styles:  2013 Chevrolet Spark 4dr Hatchback shown
Starting MSRP

Overall

Love the Gas saver little car however...

by Monika Puskac from South haven, Indiana | October 24, 2014

Great, awesome, amazing car for such a great price. I love it. However, I had to replace the engine when the car was 11months old. ( I bought it brand new) and its back in the shop 5 months later after replacement. Engine light came back on... Wondering if I need another engine. Car is almost at 35,000 miles... I love it but annoyed with these problems. Chevy is taking care of them for free....but still annoying... With winter coming, I can't have these problems

Ow my legs!!!

by Looking for a New Car from Florida | October 5, 2014

If you plan on having anyone in the backseat, don't buy this car. My mom owns this car. I'm only five feet tall, with short legs, and yet, I am cramped in the back seat! Someone as short as me should never run out of leg room in a car, but in this one, I do. Also, the A/C finally starts to cool off just as you'be gotten to where you're going. Grocery shopping is a nightmare! The trunk is as tiny as the backseat. You can fit about three bags in it and it's full. Also, from the time of purchase, the door has been giving us problems. The dealer won't fix it, says it's fine. You have to slam it with all your might just to get it to close. I often have to make several attempts to close it and I'm a strong person. I lift all day at work, but this door is crazy to close.

Second Spark I've bought

by swvalleyguy from utah | September 14, 2014

The first Spark I bought for a daughter. No problems after 30k miles other than a/c recall so I bought another 2013 used Spark for my other daughter. Great urban car. Recent cumulative mileage has been 35.3. Fun car to drive. Both cars are 1LT.

Don't Buy One! If you did, sell it or get warranty

by muchosurf from El Centro, CA | September 5, 2014

Chevy as agreed to buy back (Lemon Law)my little Korean Spark made by Daewoo. It has gone through 4 A/C compressors, the 2nd one was on recall. It started burning oil like crazy then after about 2 weeks of that a Cylinder went out. Got a new Engine. The Fuel door rubs the body. Actually that was the first thing to go wrong. It has been repaired and painted by two different body shops. It is rubbing again! In between the two doors there is a black vinyl sticker, that was replaced, it shrunk do to the heat in California. What else, oh the driver seat bubbled, most likely because I am 6 foot 1" and weigh 230 pounds. Right rear door seal started pealing off. Again the heat in the desert most likely. Other than that it has horrific blind spots, Rear pillars. I have to lower my self looking through the front windshield because the rear view mirror is another blind spot along with the front pillars for the windshield. A trucker has less blind spots. The only good thing I have to say about this little Korean car is you get alot for your money, power everything, cruise control, etc and I drove it twice on long distance commute taking back country roads here in California, going 55-60 miles per hour and one time I got 45 miles per gallon and the other time i got 44 miles per gallon. So if you don't have a lead foot, you will save gas but not time because you will be broken down on the side of the road. Now go to the right thing, buy a TOYOTA Yaris.

Nice little subcompact:)

by AllSpark from Texas | August 26, 2014

Price was the initial draw. The features for the base model and 5 speed were better than my more expensive Smart Car. The ride is comfortable and the styling is pretty up to date fabrics, plastics,and exterior lines. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to get out go a gas guzzler.mi traded in a Ford F 150 and haven't regretted my decision. I'm impressed!

Pretty happy with new little car

by New owner from Tampa, FL | August 25, 2014

Ok, 1st, for all the oil consumption reviews happening, GM figured out the problem and I'm getting the recall fixed this Thursday. The PVC valves have been bad, and once it's fixed FREE because of the recall, that problem will go away all together. It's such a new vehicle that they are still learning these issues and fixing them once they figure it out. 2nd, the real review. I just got this car on Saturday and Today is Monday. I drove it in town and on the interstate. I'm still getting used to it because the speedometer and such is right in front of you kinda on the steering wheel base instead of right on the dash. That's a new one, it's interesting. I'm really short, about 5"3' and the seats are adjustable. I still have to use my driving pillow I sit on though, it makes me more comfortable and I see over the dash better with it. It has an AWESOME view of the road. I used to have a Isuzu Rodeo, an SUV, and the way I'm sitting has a view of the road like my SUV used to have. It doesn't seem like it would, but it does. The acceleration is a bit slow from what I'm used to in my Hyundai Accent that died, but it does pick up and I was doing about 80 on the interstate. It keeps up with the flow of traffic really well, and you can merge without a problem once you figure out the gas and how hard you gotta go down on it to get it up to where you need to be. It is very roomy on the inside front seats, I haven't has anyone in the back yet, but it doesn't seem bad. I was back there redecorating the floor mats. My boyfriend is 5"8' or about and he had plenty of leg room in the passenger seat. So far I'm pretty happy with this, and with it being smaller than my old car, maybe I will be stopped being called on to haul people around. The trunk is small, but if you need the room to move anything, the back seats go down and opens up a lot of room. I always liked hatchbacks because a good chunk of them do that. If you like smaller cars and aren't a race car driver, I would say you would love this car. Just get the recalls fixed as soon as you can, and you'll be good to go!

WORST CAR EVER

by PROBLEM CAR from TOMS RIVER NJ | August 13, 2014

THIS CAR HAS BEEN IN THE SHOP MORE TIMES THAN I HAVE BEEN TO THE DOCTORS. HALF THE TIME IF GOES INTO CHEVY THEY MAKE ME TAKE IT HOME WITHOUT FINDING A PROBLEM. EVER SINCE I GOT THE CAR I HAD AIR PROBLEMS, AND CHEVY ALWAYS MADE EXCUSES UNTIL THE AIR CONDITIONER GOT RECALLED. THREE MONTHS LATER AFTER GETTING SERVICED BY THE RECALL IT IS BROKE AGAIN! THE OIL CONSUMPTION THAT EVERYONE ELSE IS HAVING A PROBLEM WITH I'VE BEEN HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AFTER DRIVING THE CAR FOR SIX MONTHS. ALSO THE PARKWAY DRIVE IS HORRIBLE, EVEN THOUGH IT HAS A SMALL ENGINE A CAR SHOULD BE DESIGNED TO DRIVE AT A NORMAL 60- 70 MILE WITHOUT THE RPMS GOING UP TO 5 OR 6. IN MY OPINION THE ONLY THING NICE ABOUT THIS CAR IS IT SAVES YOU MONEY ON GAS UNTIL YOU WARRANTY RUNS OUT, YOU WILL HAVE NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS.

Spark is back in the shop

by jsajacob from arkansas | August 8, 2014

I purchased my Spark new and during my first 14 months of ownership it has spent 47+ days in the shop, the 2nd stay in the shop was 30 days, and it lasted less than 24 hours after receiving it from the dealership and is back in the shop again. Calls to GM have only cost me time and energy because no questions have been answered yet, as a whole from the corporate offices to the local dealers, they could learn a lot about customer service and communication. I have been left in the dark the entire time, during the 30 day shop stay I did not hear from anyone from the service department concerning the status of my car though they did tell me when I dropped it off on day one that they were ordering parts and it should be ready in 2-3 days. It seems these dealerships do not have the required tools to perform complete repairs on this model and GM is very slow about shipping the needed tools once a dealership identifies the need. Do a google search of "2013 Chevy Spark oil consumption" or 2013 chevy spark misfire and it becomes very clear that my experiences have not been isolated, yet GM is not taking the steps needed to support the local dealerships. I also had a line on my most recent work order that said "recall-- wiring harness replaced and reprogram BLM" or some three letter something or another, yet when you do a recall search, there have been no such recalls on the 2013 chevy spark advertised. What does GM really know that they are not sharing with the customer and why wont they step up their communication just a little bit?

Love my 13' Spark

by Sparkles from South Carolina | July 30, 2014

Bought my Spark August 2013, had it almost a year, and love it. Have not had many problems. June 2014 I had my first real problem, I was backing up out of a parking space and my check engine light and traction control light came on and it jerked when I tried to back it up, I put it in park and shut it off and everything cleared up, dealership checked and no codes came up. Also had a problem where neither key fobs would work and I had to use the actual key to unlock the car, dealership also found no codes. Had the A/C fixed due to a recall but no other problem. My odometer just rolled over to 18,000 and she still runs amazing. We take her everywhere and even with 4 people we ride comfortably. Would recommend to anyone!!

Spark using oil

by Big Daddy from Alabama | June 4, 2014

My daughter's Spark is fun to drive and she loves it, but at about 25,000 miles it started to burn oil. At the moment it is burning a quart every 280 miles. The dealership wants to see what the total is over the course of a thousand miles. They say there isn't any information in their database about oil consumption. I suggest they simple type a search in Google.