2014 Chevrolet Spark

30–31 city / 39 hwy

Overall

I like It

by 2014 Chevrolet Spark 2LT Driver from Tennessee | June 29, 2015

I just purchased the car 9 days ago with 27k on it. So far, it seems to be running fine. I was alerted to the recalls on it (PCV valve, hood latch, A/C issue) which I took it into a dealer last Friday and all was completed. I now show no open recalls for my VIN number. I have to admit that some of the negative reviews on the Chevy Spark Complaint Forum have scared me, but the only thing I have noticed with it is that 5 out of 10 times it will stall when I put it in park (keep in mind, this did not happen until after the recalls were fixed) so not sure if this had something to do with it or not. I really don't care that it shuts off in park because I would just be turning it off anyway. It has not died in traffic, etc. I think it accelerates just fine (of course, I don't floor it like a race car either). I mean, for the price, it seems to be doing it's job. Most people have made fun of me about the size (UNTIL) after they actually look in it then they change their tune. Anyway, hope this helps some of you looking at them.

Great Car

by Green Bean from Lancaster, Pa | June 14, 2015

On May 17, 2015 we left for a trip of a lifetime around the United States and traveled 7,917 miles in 26 days. We started in Lancaster, PA went south to Kentucky to a friends house and to New Mexico to another friend. To Lancaster, Calf, San Francisco, Giant Redwoods, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, South Dakota, Minnesota,Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio back to Pa. We traveled up and down mountains, speeds of 80 miles per hour and our 1913 Spark had no problem and it was great now we think of a new Spark. We love our great big Spark and our friend who said he could never fit in the car because he is 6 feet , fit just perfectly comfortable and was surprised. Love the little Spark

thus car us so fun to drive zippy

by awesome from Davenport, Ia | May 10, 2015

I love the economical feature great on gas and every one says its so small till they get inside and it's so comfortable lots of room. Love my new Spark

BEST VALUE EVER !

by HOTRODRICH from Levittown Pa. | May 4, 2015

I was in the market for a small hatchback econocar and even I was surprised I choose a base 2014 SPARK LS 5 - SPEED. I wanted a stick and here was a well equipped Spark at a great price.The LS has more standard features than a car in the micro class has a right to. The only things I miss are cruise control and power locks. The standard features include power windows, electric power steering, A/C, ABS, traction and stability control, 15 inch alloy wheels and even a trip computer. and ON-STAR ! The ride is excellent for such a small car and the suspension is well tuned for good handling. It also has more cargo space than many of it's sub-compact big brothers 31.2 cubic feet. AMAZING ! It is also a 4-door and rear seat access is excellent. Build quality is EXCELLENT it couldn't be better if it was a euopean luxury car. Not a stitch out of place or a door gap out of line. The paint far nicer than you would expect. The interior has mostly inexpensive hard surface materials but is visually atractive and ergonomicly well done. Not a sqeak or rattle or even wind noise intrude on iterior noise but just a bit of road noise from the tires. a small price to pay. The body styling is very pleasing and just a bit shocking. Mine is blue but they really look great in red. Now for the real reason for buying a small car. The Spark is a very low maintainance car,it never needs a timing belt change ( it has a lifetime chain ) and doesn't need a tune-up until 100,000 mi. It won't win many drag races but it really has plenty of power for real world driving. I drive high speed highway, city and rural mountain roads and the 5-speed Spark handles it all with ease. The 1249cc engine is an extremely smooth free reving and pleasant. The EPA gas milage ratings are 31 mpg city and 39mpg highway 34 mpg combined. That being said I get an astonishing 43.5 mpg combined with ease. Put that all together with a good warranty and 5 years fee roadside assistance and 2 years free maintnance the Spark is a fantastic deal and worth a look if you need inexpensive transpotation. I'm glad I bought a Spark and will consider buying another in the future.

I LOVE MY SPARK

by 1st Time Car Owner from Des Moines, IA | March 22, 2015

I've had my Chevy Spark since September of 2014. I was a first time car buyer who needed a cheap yet reliable car to commute to college. This car is exactly what I needed. Although it isn't fancy, it works well for commuting. I would recommend this car to people who are simple in nature but enjoy a little fun.

Pretty good for the class

by JV from Bay Area CA | March 16, 2015

I own this car (2014 Spark LT 5-speed) I have 25,000 Miles on it. Performance: With the 5-speed, it's pretty quick, quick enough to merge on the freeway and keep up with 65-70 MPH traffic, or to pass someone; Much faster that 82HP would seem, but, not a sports car by any means. (I wish there was more gear spacing between 4th and 5th) Gas Mileage: I Get about 35-38 MPG per tank in mixed driving (about 60/40 city/freeway) up to 42 mpg on nice flat highway drive. Ride: Somewhat rough. It's small and light so it has trouble absorbing bumps, but it is stable and can corner pretty well. Noise: Is pretty noisy; doesn't seem to be much sound deadening. Perhaps to save weight. Could be something that I add myself. Reliability: Good so far, had 3 recalls, but have been done without trouble. The A/C works better after the recall. Only issue I have had is my my front rotors seem to have overheated and now have a slight "warp" to them which is a mild annoyance, but not a big problem. Room: I'm 5'11" and I fit just fine with my children behind me. Fits 4 adults nicely for trips around town, which is unheard of in it's category.(500, IQ, Smart) Has a LITTLE cargo space with seats up (small grocery trip) and quite a bit with the seats down (Costco trip) Price: Got the base model, so VERY CHEAP! ($12k) Adding in the good mileage and the fact that the oil change interval (according to the computer is about 8000 Miles) AND that there is NOT a timing belt due every 90K makes this one of the cheapest cars to own in the US.

Renal Disappointment

by Loyal Nissan Owner from Chicago, IL | February 26, 2015

I had this vehicle as a rental. I requested an economy car, but had no idea what I was in store for. When my wife and I picked this car up off the lot, I thought that it didn't have a trunk. It does, but room for only a backpack or 2. This car looks like a roller skate. It had the acceleration of a golf cart. The interior is similar to a golf cart as well. There is not a dash board, only a speedometer and a tachometer mounted above the steering wheel. The only thing that I could see that this car is a good fit for is a cheap rental for a week on the beach, which if that is what you want, it is ideal. Owning one, I couldn't figure out who would want this. The fuel economy is good, but however, my Sentra, which is a much better overall vehicle, gets better mpg's than this thing. It is the studio apartment of the vehicle world.

Good except paint job

by Bill in Arizona from Arizona | January 21, 2015

I love the Spark, but the paint job seems cheap-very thin coat of clear coat it seems. LOTS of paint chips even with only highway driving and less than 5000 miles.

Spark LS

by Joe from Springfield, MO. | December 28, 2014

A great little car. I smile each time I drive it. Fun to drive and so easy to get around town in it. Does a great job on the highway also.

fun time at maher chevrolet

by small car lover from florida | November 4, 2014

i come to the dealership looking for my next car, We had a lot of fun with our sales person Frank, because he is as old or older then us. we picked out a red one. and are considering a silver one.