See Also: 1999 Chevrolet Suburban 1500

1999 Chevrolet Suburban 2500
Available in 8 styles:  Suburban LT shown

Information Coming Soon

Overall

Aint no burb like the one I got

by Big Green from Atlanta, GA | May 16, 2014

I bought my 99 Chevrolet Suburban in October of 2000. I am now at 258,000 miles on the same engine. This Baby purrs like a kitten. Even my mechanic is surprise of how well she still works. I replaced the transmission after 13 years, but the engine is so quiet. I am never getting rid of her. I get quotes and notes everyday left on my door of people asking "Do you want to sell"? The answer is no. I just drove 8 hours to Kentucky and 8 hours back, greatest ride ever, because there is so much room. The trunk held luggage for 7 people and the kids still had room to lay out and sleep. Of course Big Green is always dressed and has a remote starter. I don't know who is more spoiled me or her.

13 years and still chucking

by samick rider from Palm Bay, FL | January 29, 2013

the truck is absolutely incredible. big on the inside and on the outside. big engine and LOTS of power. every year my family take trips from central florida to tennessee with 4,000 lbs of pop-up camping trailer and gear on the back. we broke 200,000 miles on its first engine which the mechanics said was never supposed to happen. regretably we had to replace the engine at 250,000 miles due to a busted radiator the made the engine block go boom. still it is running as strong as it ever was. i love this truck and one day i hope to buy it from my father and turn it into an off road beauty with the same engine it has used. i love this truck and hope to have it for years to come.

1999 SUBURBAN -

by NEWLY RETIRED from Chicago Suburb, Illinois | November 16, 2012

We bought our 99 Suburban used after our 88 was totaled. Both have been awesome. We replaced the trans 2 yrs ago it now has 224K miles and is beginning burden my wallet. Looking to replace it, problem is, no one has as big a truck, new suburbans don't have the 4x8 bed, 99 was the last year for that. Chevy runs strong.

Uses car for Towing

Suburban from used car dealer

by Used Suburban Buyer from Costa Mesa California | April 23, 2012

I recently bought a 1999 used suburban from a dealer in Costa Mesa CA. After riding it for a day, my service engine light came on. After showing it to a repair person, I was told that the catalytic converter needs to be replaced. It will cost approx. $1200 to repair. I have a feeling the dealer knew about this. In addition, I mentioned during the test drive that the AC was not working properly, which they told me that a compressor will only cost $200 to replace, estimate I got was $800. Make sure when you buy a vehicle to spend extra on Carfax (dealer showed a different report that did not have repair record). I got the vehicle at a good price (2000) less than market value, but it ended up the same due to repairs. Recommend doing your homework prior to going to the dealer who will say anything to sell you the vehicle. Suburban runs good, but I have a ill feeling about the used car dealer...I guess trust is not one of the values of used car dealers, especially the one I went to.

A Classic

by Peteryyz from Las Vegas | December 28, 2011

I have always wanted a Texas Cadi and now I have one it is a great vehicle and well worth the Money we spent

Great truck

by Joe!!! from New York, NY | June 20, 2011

i have a 97 tahoe and im looking to upgrade to a suburban the tahoe never leaves me stranded and is so easy to maintain and work on for me gm is hands down the best american car company if your looking for bang for your buck power reliiability roominess etc ... wish i could afford a new one but for now ill stick to the old dependable ones :)

Reliable and spacious

by Value Spotter from Irvine, CA | September 29, 2010

This SUV has it all. My Burban has over 200,000 and is running great. I really love the value that I've received from this SUV.

still going strong

by gravy from Florida | July 13, 2010

We now have 183000 on our '99 C1500. This is the second one we've had. The first one, a '92 had 194000 on it when it was traded. The '92 was a 4X4 and had the bucket seats. The bench seat is a little less comfy and doesn't go back far enough for me, but it's my wife's every day vehicle. Over all it's one nice SUV. The 5.7 is adequate unless you're hauling a big heavy trailer, and ours gets 18 mpg on the road (15 city). This is probably the last one for us unless we find another with low mileage. Wife doesn't like the newer body style. Our daughter has a 2005 and I don't car much for ir eiter.

best car ive had

by GM buyer from grand prairie tx | October 2, 2009

i bought my suburban about a month ago. i have always wanted a suburban and now i finally got it. its a 1999 my favorite suburban year because of the engine and the way it looks like inside out. the power is powerful 0-60 in no time and keep in mind the size of this suv, its one of the biggest of all and its still this strong. and the thing i love bout this truck is that thirs is a lot of accesoris for it. since i love it so much i have bought lots of things for it like projector lights, led tail lights oher things to make it look even better or cooler. me i dont like small cars because theyre week as in power, looks, and at crashing. and you can do a lot more with a suburban thanith a litle honda and also its american. iam proud to drive my chevy suburban and i always tell my friends to buy one there everything you need. they say that they wouldnt cus of gas but really it does not use that much. plus gas is not that expensive anymore so their is no need to think about that.

WILL OUTLAST MOST

by CJCHEVY from ATHENS TN | April 8, 2008

WE LOVE OURS. THE GAS MILEAGE IS OKAY BUT IT HAS A 44GAL. TANK SO WE CAN GO A LONG TIME BETWEEN FILL UPS. WE HAVE 180,000MILES ON IT AND PLAN ON KEEPING IT ANOTHER 180,000. tHE RIDE IS SMOOTH AND COMFORTABLE. THERE IS PLENTY OF ROOM FOR EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING. WE HAVE THE 4WD AND LIVING ON THE FARM IT COMES IN HANDY. WHAT PEOPLE NEED TO KEEP IN MIND IS THAT THESE ARE TRUCKS AND THEREFORE HANDLE AS SUCH.

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Suburban 2500