See Also: 2001 Chevrolet Suburban 1500

Est. MPG

Information Coming Soon

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Best vehicle i have erer owned

by Ken from Albuquerque. NM | December 31, 2013

I bought this in April 2013 in Albuquerque NM. No rust. I have owned Fords, Dodge, Toyota and other makes. This is by far the best vehicle I ve ever owned. It has 130000 and it looks and runs like new. It has the 8.1 Vortex and it loves gas. Only complaint, but I have no problem. It has the tow pk. and can tow 10000 lbs. If you ever come across one the is in good shape buy it -you will love it. I only wish that I had bought one new. I have to say it again - best vehicle I ve ever owned. Ken

Got what I paid for

by RND from salinas ca | June 10, 2013

When I bought the suburban wow what a difference when you compare it to a car. I was amazed on how much it takes to fill but that's what I expected and its not bad on gas. When you fill it just don't let it get passed half tank and you won't fell the difference I don't its like I'm filling my Honda 55 dollars every two weeks. Overall I like it and can't complain.

fantastic vehicle

by happy owner from Bardstown,Ky | June 11, 2012

the 01 Suburban I purchased from Honda of Decatur has been a wonderful purchase I have not regretted for a second. everything on the vehicle works as it should and it does everything I asked it to do and more while delivering it in style and comfort. A pleasure to own and drive this vehicle

Long term car.

by Burb fan from Ohio | February 20, 2012

We purchased our suburban 10 years ago with 100K miles on it. It was a super buy. It had been cared for well and we have had wonderful service. We don't put a lot of miles on our vehicles but we do use them hard in our repair business. I am sure we will purchase another one but I don't know when. It is a dual purpose vehicle for us -- business use and personal. We can get six adults and ski equipment in it for as 3-4 day ski vacation. It is very comfortable on long trips -- smooth ride and spacious. For business, it is very versatile.

awesome suv 4x4

by skeeter from tennesee | June 17, 2011

I owned one for about 6 or 7 yrs, mainly for vacations, commuting kids, going too the lake. one of the best riding trucks i have ever had!! Never had second thoughts about filling it with gas and driving anywhere in the country. 2000 and 2001 best year model ive seen in a long time!! With regular maintanance never had a major malfunction. Kids grew up and it became more of a backup vehicle, so i sold it, I had every intention of getting 500,000 miles out of it before any engine or transmission issue. I bet its still on the road today. I remember one december getting snow and ice, streets were terrible but 4x4 got us everywhere we needed to go. The kids had a great time shopping and there we no lines at the checkout!!

WorstCarIHaveEverOwned-STAY AWAY piece of junk

by doglover45 from North Carolina | March 31, 2010

My first and definitely last GM product. I normally own Toyota, Honda, and Nissan cars but when we needed a big SUV for the family it was this or Excursion, we liked the Suburban better (at the time). Now we absolutely hate it. Several major defects straight from the factory. Those were repaired under warranty by the rude Chevy service department. Since then, it has been nothing but problems ever since. Electrical problems, mechanical problems, leaks, air conditioner, cheap pieces breaking off, transmission problem, starter, alternator, service engine light, cooling fan, cd player and radio, fuel pump, you name it it has had to be replaced. Our Nissan Pathfinder we had before this went 125k miles before a single problem. The piece of junk Suburban is the completely opposite. And we didn't get a lemon, my good friend got a 2000 Suburban and had 3 times as many problems as us. Left them stranded all the time. The y got rid of it shortly after warranty ended, they only owned for a few years. I am so glad we finally replaced ours. Aside from disgraceful quality, it is slow and has poor handling even for a large SUV. Braking distances are frighteningly long. The front seats are comfortable, but 2nd and 3rd rows are horrible after 15 minutes. As usual, the Americans were behind with technology and the features and amenities on this are disappointing. The only good thing about the Suburban is all of the trunk room. The whole family can pack all they want and there is plenty of room. It's great. However, they sacrificed leg room and scrunched seats forward to have the wonderful trunk. Overall, I would not recommend this to a friend.

01 LS 4X4

by Mr. Dad from riverside ca | December 15, 2009

best chevy I ever owned. The gas is not bad for a big car. love the 4x4 on it. Wife loves it more than me!!!

Best Tow Vehicle I have owned

by Trailer Hauler from | June 22, 2009

4 kids, dog, and a 31 foot trailer. This car(and the 8.1L engine) doesn't even break a sweat. I have had an F150, Silverado and Isuzu Trooper in the past and none of them could get through a single year without replacing some part or the suspension (usually ball joint) due to our 5 mile dirt road and Vermont mud season. I have had this car for 4 years and had no repairs other than a Crankshaft Position Sensor (which was under recall).

subueban rules

by 01 chevy owner from | February 7, 2009

I bought the suburban brand new and ever sence then i have never had any work done on it. also it can can take a beating. mine has been in 4 minor wreks and one side impact and the only damage is on blue streke on the side from the other car. Also a tree fell on it when hurrican elvis blew threw memphis and of course the tree didn't do anything. the only complant i have with the car is the gas consumption, but what can you expect from something so big. Over all the 2001 chevy suburban ls 2500 is a great car and i would recomend it to a freind.

alot of car for the money

by soccer mom from | November 19, 2008

These cars are great if you have a family and gear. It is very affordable compared to comparable suv's in it's class. I would definitely recomend it for those who need it.

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Suburban 2500