See Also: 2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500

Information Coming Soon

Overall

I LOVE my 3/4 ton Suburban

by Camping Family from Green Bay, WI | March 25, 2014

I absolutely LOVE my 2003 3/4 ton Suburban!!!! The only issue I have with it is the gas mileage. But you can't expect much more from an 8.1 liter /496ci engine... I can pull just about anything, drag just about any log out of the woods and I have NEVER gotten even close to being stuck....snow, mud, sand...never a problem!!!!

Uses car for Towing

Good while it is running.

by redpower from Jamestown, NC | February 25, 2014

Bought new now has 91,000 miles on it. At 50,000 miles instrument cluster went out. Replacement cluster $780.00 dollars. At 50,000 ign. key and cylinder lock up and had to replace. Cost 380.00. At 60,000 miles Bose radio went bad. Replacement cost 480.00. At 65,000 miles fuel pump went out. $465.00. At 75,000 miles drivers door mirro went bad and cost $250.00. At 91,000 miles engine just cut off and had towed into dealer. Estimate to repair was $6,000. Took it to another repair shop and cost to repair was $650.00. Crooked dealer in Lexington, NC. The flexplate broke had to replace. Alway used 100% syn oil and regularly serviced faithfully. Always a Chevrolet lover. Will have second thoughts about buying another Chevrolet.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Couldn't be better

by CP from Hudson WI | August 24, 2013

We bought our 2003 Z71 with 60k miles on it, that was 6 years ago. We now have 230k miles on it and it's still going strong. I have absolutely no intention on selling it until the wheels fall off, if it lasts to 400k miles then I'll still be driving it. The irony is we traded in a 2001 Infinity QX4 which was "one of the best used cars" according to a "leading consumer magazine" wink-wink, for this truck which was a "used car to avoid. I have owned many foreign and domestic cars, avoid Infinity like the plague, they are awfully expensive to work on. Give the Chevy Suburban Strong consideration if you have more than 2 kids, haul/tow, like a strong V8 with a good ride and a dependable and reliable vehicle. If you have you eyes on a foreign vehicle, stay away from Infinity but consider Lexus or Acura. Personally I would have no qualms buying one with 100k miles on it based on my personal experience, these vehicles have the capacity to go to 300k miles. If you can find an older model with 100k or less miles on it for $11k or less you are getting a heck of a deal on a $45k vehicle IMO.

Took 30K Salary Hit & Dialed Down to Used Suburban

by MSBDallas from Dallas, TX | April 1, 2013

Well, after dodging the economy bullet for a long time, my day came. I had to sell my fab truck and trade down my fab car, but I still needed something to schlep!! I found a super, one owner 2003 suburban and it only had 91K miles on it. The leather is still gorgeous, the carpet pristine and it is a 4x4 with a tow package and 9 pages of service records (no accidents). It is all tricked out with a few things that were very cutting edge in 2003 (the side mirrors fold in and they also pivot down when you are in reverse, too), but I wish the driver window rolled itself back up with just one touch. Nope, I have to hold it all the way. I know it will last a long time and will serve my schlepping needs. I fit seven women it for a lunch trip a few weeks ago. I LOVE the seat warmer - THE BEST!!! Even better than my old Cadillac used to be and I did not think you could top that! The gas mileage; not so great. I only get about 12 miles to the gallon and make every effort to fill it up when it reaches half a tank, otherwise, it's just to expensive. I wish it had more storage, but it was a great purchase. I would do it again.

2003 Suburban - still rolling

by Family Mover from Kimberly, ID | September 10, 2012

We had a 1998 Suburban that the transmission gave out, (I am also fixing), but with 7 children we had to have something. We upgraded to a 2003 Z71 model, loaded with all the bells and whistles... Has 230k miles on it, and is tighter than my 98 with 190k... Great vehicle.

Most Reliable vehicle

by BDubb from GA | December 12, 2011

No doubt the 03 suburban was the best car I've ever purchased. Bought the car with 105K and it had a leaking water pump. Fixed it and other than changing oil and tires and filling with gas, just drove it. I did change out the 2 rear door lock actuators. Traded it in on a 08 sequoia platinum my wife wanted because she was just tired of driving the 200K suburban. I hope the sequoia is as good as the BURB was!!! THe burb drove like it did the day I bought it, still tight and gobbled up mile after mile.

Very Reliable SUV

by BigDaddy from | November 8, 2011

This vehicle is one of the best I've every owned. The exterior of the vehicle is in great shape and interior is to die for (excellent). The seats are made with comfort just for you.

high mileage Suburban

by tigger from Indiana | November 8, 2011

This Suburban had 237,000 miles on it when I bought it. It had been driven by an older gentlemen who had it maintained by his GM dealer all its life. He used only Mobile 1 in the engine and it does not use a drop of oil between 5000 mile oil changes. It goes to show if you take care of something it will last. We are very happy with the vehicle, it does everything we bought it to do.

Great for school age family

by familyplan from Indiana | April 26, 2011

We are very pleased with our 2003 Suburban LS. We are tall folks and appreciate the leg and head room in all three rows. We have made two trips to the mountains since buying this vehicle and have been very pleased with how well this vehicle manuvers. Even the gas mileage has been better than we expected. Only down side we have experienced is children in car seats are tuff to get in and out of back bench seat. Height of vehicle from the ground and bulk of middle seat that must flip forward to climb in make this quite a task.

Nicest and newest personal vehicle every owned

by Ductgauge from Northern NJ | August 26, 2010

My son told me to try cars.com and within the first 15 minutes of looking at suv's we had one that we liked ..made the appointment with dealer and vehicle was available and we loved it..I looked relentlessly for months on other sites and we never found everything in the vehicle that we wanted, it was always ok lets compromise..So glad we did'nt.. Great job Cars.com!

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Suburban 2500