See Also: 2011 Chevrolet Suburban 1500

10 city / 15–16 hwy

Overall

Perfect Decision

by Love Our Suburban from Houston, TX | May 14, 2012

Now that we are down to 2 children at home we thought we wanted a Tahoe. We test drove the Tahoe and Suburban and new instantly we had to have the Suburban! We had a Yukon XL which is about the same size. It is just so much more roomy in the 3rd row seat of a Suburban. We chose the XLT package and just love all the comfort and features (bluetooth ready, navigation, on star), etc....

Love it!

by A. J. from Accident, MD | May 7, 2012

I wanted something bigger than my Jeep and this is! I love the room and cargo space. It looks good too! The large fuel tank takes almost $100 to fill, but goes for a while.

Exactly what we expected

by aek from Maryland | April 30, 2012

We had owned a Caddy Escalade from early 2006-late 2010. Replaced it with a Mercedes M-350. The M-350 was way too small and didn't have the ride of the Escalade. The Surburban gives us everything we loved about the Caddy and it cost much less. Great ride, lots of room, acceptable gas mileage and looks good.

New suburban best one yet

by holdpoint from Clevland OH. | March 28, 2012

OK straight talk for 22 years I have driven Suburbans or Tahoes(I like the bigger unit) I always have Posatraction and high road gears. My truck on weekend trips has bird dogs , guns , guitars,and electrical stuff in it. This new 2011 Suburban on the freeway between Clev. OH. and Chautauqua N.Y. average MPG 22.9 not bad for a large 4 wheeler! Holdpoint

OK

by Truck Seeker from Pittsburgh, PA | March 12, 2012

I was seeking a larger SUV to cart a family of 6 around. Gas mileage was a factor although I knew I wasn't going to find anything stellar. Used milegage estimates and bought a Suburban. Mileage about 25% less than what was represented. I live in the hills so that may be why. It does, however, have a hefty appetite. Seats have shown themselves to be really soft. I was coming from a firm european seat so that may be why. I'm not used to it yet. Everyting else to include bang-for-the-buck is a good value.

Do not buy a Suburban

by Scott from Florida | January 16, 2012

Gas mileage is worse than stated. Ride w/handling and steering is poor if I want to be kind about it. Gas mileage is poor (worse than EPA sticker) and with E-80 MPG it is terrible. Warning...money pit.

Great Vehicle

by Parent Taxi from El Centro, CA | December 15, 2011

The family and I test drove the 2011 Chevy Suburban. We chose the LS Model. We didn't need the bells and whistles. What we got was a great vehicle! Althought it was the basic model, we got some bells and a couple of toots from the whistle. The Onstar is a plus. We have taken a couple of long trips, and as far as the gas is concerned, well it doesn't seem to be as bad as we thought. Less than a hundred dollars to fill up the tank. The ride is smooth. Going over those rail road tracks is a breeze. So far reliability is great!! We are happy with this purchase.

I Love This Car

by 100% Chevy Guy from Wisconsin | November 27, 2011

I love my 2011 Suburban LTZ. Its sporty, stylish, and great for towing. It has so many good features, making it a great value for the money. The air shocks are great because you cannot feel a single bump. I have no complaints.

Love the burbans over a tahoe

by Burban guy from Kentucky | November 14, 2011

I only have one major complaint with this vehicle, the body moldings are not always good where seams meet. Areas I noticed was at the reciever hook up (back bumper) is flimsy and not uniform. Again, above and in front of the rear tires.

Excellent Vehicle

by Soccer Mom from Northern, New York | August 16, 2011

As a busy mom of 4 kids, I knew I needed a large vehicle that both served the purpose of transporting kids, as well as safety in the winter. Living in an area that receives lots of snow, I also needed 4 wheel drive. A suburban is a great vehicle. I traded in my 2000 suburban for a 2011! Excellent choice! Although pricey, it is exactly what every busy mom needs! Room for kids, soccer bags and groceries. Not bad on gas either, I have been averaging 19 mpg.