See Also: 2013 Chevrolet Suburban 1500

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Just Right

by 4 kids and 3 dogs = Suburban! from Scottsdale, AZ | March 28, 2014

Really impressed with all the bells and whistles on our 2013 Suburban 4x4 LT Luxury package plus DVD and moonroof gives us all the goodies we could want Luxury package is a must-have with its power liftgate and power 2nd row folding seats See no need to ever pay the extra cost to move up to LTZ model Came from a previous generation Tahoe EVERYTHING about the newer generation is far superior to previous generation. Very luxurious feel - very solid and quiet cabin Better than expected acceleration given the size of this vessel Fit and finish very nice everything feels tight 6 speed transmission is buttery smooth Only complaint is the tin can sounding Bose stereo I never have liked Bose and feel Chevy could do far better without increasing costs substantially Looks like I will have to add some Alpine and Boston components just as I did in the old Tahoe

Blast from the Past - Not in a Good way

by Zoro Oscurro from Sunnyvale, CA | February 5, 2014

I guess as far as a modern car goes, it's ok. I transitioned from a 2001 Tahoe and found this vehicle lacking in so many ways. The whole thing is cheaply made and the most surprising parts are plastic ... cheap plastic at that. The thing I found most disappointing and the frustrating is the "infotainment" system. I has USB ports, but won't connect to my phone. You can't actually use the phone, because no one can hear you, if you're traveling at highway speeds. Odd, I can go 80 MPH on my chopper and people hear me just fine through my helmet. My plantronics headset offers more functionality when connecting to my phone. If you want to make a phone call, you have to have 30 minute conversation with the vehicle while it verifies and re-verifies and checks again to make sure you want to use a particular phone and that it is calling the right number. Then there's the Nav. Straight from 1982. This thing is so feature poor, I don't even know where to start. You can pay for traffic and weather, but I'll be damned if it won't route you around traffic or even provide you with decent ETA information unless you're driving in optimal conditions. In optimal conditions, I can figure that out myself ... useless. Then theirs the AV inputs. This is a 2013 car and is still stuck on RCA jacks. Really? No Really? Forget wireless, this thing won't even take HDMI. In any case, this vehicle is great if you're getting rid of your 1972 suburban and want an upgrade. If you actually expect a modern vehicle, look elsewhere. If you have your heart set on a Suburban, don't get the infotainment system. Go to an aftermarket shop and get something from this decade installed. It'll probably be cheaper anyway.

Cheap

by Yurik from Los angeles | January 5, 2014

avoid do not buy! more sounds coming from interior than 1988 pick up truck. looks good but very cheaply made.

Great Vehicle

by winterwx from Iowa | October 8, 2013

This is the 2nd suburban we've bought. I love the size, amenities. Handles well, makes me feel safe that I have some vehicle around me on the road. Comfortable for both me and my jumbo husband, enough space for the grandkids and their stuff. Made for us!

5 X Buyer

by mhokc from Oklahoma | September 5, 2013

I bought my first Suburban in 1999 when they still made them under the GMC name. Later, I bought a 2002 Yukon XL and a 2007 Yukon XL. Traded in the 2007 for a 2010 Z71 4x4 Chevy Suburban. Liked the styling and amenities better than what I had had on the Yukons. I liked the 2010 Z71 so much that I bought a 2013 Z71 4x4 exactly like the 2010. So far, the 2013 has been every bit as good as the 2010 and maybe a little better. I'm converting the 2013 to run on natural gas and look forward to many years of dependable service. I've looked at a lot of SUVs over the past 14 years, and I haven't found any of them that meet my needs as well as the Suburban. I use it in my business which takes me into rural areas with unpaved roads. I like having the option of selecting either 2 wheel or 4 wheel drive. I also use it on family vacations, and there just aren't any other SUVs that have as much passenger and cargo space. I'll probably buy another one in 3-4 years.

Compares to Driving a 4WD Leather Recliner

by HanknTexas from Dallas, TX | August 19, 2013

Purchased a 2013 Suburban in the Z71 trim package - was disappointed in the color options remaining (mostly white , silver and/or black - end of model year), but that's where my disappointment ends. Settled on the white, which has started to agree with me after a short two weeks. From a performance - drive - comfort point of view, this SUV is ACES! The Z71 trim package gives you the feeling like you're the 'King of the Road'. We just returned from our first family vacation / road trip (1,800 miles round trip) and I'm looking forward to the next one already. Smooth ride - plenty of power - stylish - and very quiet at highway speeds.

Chevrolet

by Dans the man from Selha. Washington | June 25, 2013

I've allways has new trucks. But since I've got a suburban it's so much better then a truck. I can tow 8000 lbs trailer. It has two DVD players. Rear air. To can haul 8 people around we're in. Truck only five. Auto lift gate is really nice it's drives like a car. It's my second chev. SUV Thay cost alot. But we'll worth the money. I was looking at a four door pickup. But most didn't have a sun roof. And NONE. Had. DVD So the cost of a canopy. And DVD installed was $3400. Plus 43000.fir a truck For a few thousand more the suburban is a much better deal. The only problem I've had with looking for a new SUV. Is I live in Yakima Washington. And both time I had to go to another city to buy one. Yakima dealers Won't work with you. On finding what you want And that screw around with the pricing I went the Seattle the first time. And Wenatchee wa. The second time. Really nice dealership I'd go there again

Trading it in after 6k miles

by 3rd Suburban from Texas | June 21, 2013

I bought the 2013 LTX suburban 4WD with all the options. I love the features of USB port, Nav, lots of storage, great audio, hard drive. What I don't like is the transmission which is difficult to get used to. Seems to shift at inappropriate times. What I really hate is the front seats. They are hard as concrete. Maybe it they are hard due to the cooling feature, but for a large SUV they are the most uncomfortable I have ever sat in. After a 2-3 hour drive you backside is in pain. What is up with these "stadium hard" seats? I drive a lot so I am trading it in to get something more comfortable. Not sure what yet.....Very disappointed in this version of a Chevy classic. Expected more for 50K +.....

Not what I expected

by Disappointed from Houston, Texas | October 18, 2012

I just got my 2013 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 back from the dealer after taking it in for a variety of performance issues. I have about 3,300 miles on the vehicle so far. So far I am very disappointed with the performance of this vehicle and the dealer's response to my issues. I have 3 major issues: The vehicle downshifts very hard when accelerating after rounding a corner at about 10 mph resulting in a lurch that jerks the entire vehicle and passengers. This makes it almost impossible to drive smoothly. The low speed throttle response in traffic disappointing. It feels like the engine is lugging all the time. The transmission takes a long time to downshift and during that time the vehicle seems to slowdown when you need to accelerate. This is most pronounced when pulling out into fast moving traffic such as when pulling onto a busy street from a parking lot. Finally, at idle in traffic, the entire vehicle vibrates like the magic fingers in a cheap motel bed. The dealer's response on all of these issues was that these were characteristics of this model and/or that they could not duplicate the issue when driving. This is the second 2500 Suburban I have had. The 2004 model had none of these issues.

Satisfied

by Lovin' my Burbin' from Salt Lake City, UT | August 9, 2012

Newcars.com led me on a quick journey to my new beautiful vehicle. After finding newcars.com, I received an email from a dealership in my area that gave me an incredible trade-in value for my other vehicle and then landed me in an incredible new vehicle. I am thrilled that way it all worked out and I owe it all to newcars.com! Thank you!