2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid

Available in 2 styles:  2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid 4x2 shown

Overall

Hybrid Tahoe

by allballfan from North Carolina | July 22, 2011

One of the best vehicles I have ever owned. I never should have let it go. I will get another one. 21.5 MPG city or highway. Extremely comfortable ride with decent fuel mileage. Most big vehicles this size suck gas!

Disappointed.

by JB from Salt Lake City | May 29, 2011

I really feel like Chevy has cut corners on this truck. This is my 3rd Tahoe and this one just feels cheap. The buttons on the dash are flaking off and look terrible. You just see the white plastic underneath. Even the exterior paint seems to be VERY susceptible to chipping and flaking. I have never had a car have so many chips (all over) in such a short period of time. The navigation certainly could use some help. This is definitely one of the most cumbersome navs I have used. Also, when coming to a stop the car lurches forward as it switches to battery mode. Not a great feeling to be jolted forward as youre trying to stop. Also, When starting from a stop, nothing happens for a second or two, and then the car starts "chugging" between engine and hybrid mode.....it IS moving forward, but chugs. I have to stop and then very slowly start going again. This is a much rarer occurrence than the first problem. Otherwise, not a bad truck. hopefully they

fun, reliable, good gas mileage

by owner: 2008 tahoe hybrid from Novato, Ca | January 19, 2010

I love my 2008 TAHOE HYBRID - last car was a Toyota 4 Runner, the HYBRID is far more outstanding. I'm getting 22 mpg in the city, the car handles well, great sound system, and perfect if you have a dog.

I am impressed!!

by Roberto from Atlanta | April 27, 2009

I have put 22k miles on my Hybrid Tahoe and can find nothing wrong with it but a few things that could have been done better, like 3rd row seats, no luggage rack, more storage. But these minor inconviences are easy to overlook given the luxurious interior, great navigation and gadgets galore. My tahoe has averaged 20.5 mpg and I havent changed my driving habits at all. I still am a leadfoot and have been pleasantly surprised with the performance in mpg despite my habit.

Excellent Vehicle

by Tahoe Hybrid Driver from Middleton, Wisconsin | January 23, 2009

I have been driving around in my Tahoe Hybrid for almost one year now. I have racked up 9,000 miles, and have enjoyed every single one. First of all, I can say that this car delivers really good fuel economy. Our AWD model gets 23 mpg in the city, about 20 on the highway. The performance is decent for a big SUV, but nothing special. It has a great sound system, and the navigation setup and accuracy is by far better than any foreign car, and I can say that being an owner of a Toyota Highlander and a Honda Accord. Another plus is the seats, which are incredibly comfortable and supportive. The cabin is quiet, as are the mechanicals. One thing you should consider: This car costs around $50,000, and comes pretty much fully loaded. IF you build and price a Toyota Sequoia or Nissan Armada, you will find that they cost more, and do not offer the same fuel economy.

Excellent Tahoe Hybrid

by emtpcpr from Chicago, IL | October 2, 2008

The new Chevy Tahoe Hybrid with the two mode hybrid system is excellent. Great power, style and saves on gas....what more can you ask for.

Great fuel efficiency

by Errand Lady from San Antonio, Texas | July 7, 2008

Much better mileage than my 2001 Tahoe, which I loved. Handles great, very quiet I wonder if it's on at times. Beautiful exterior, standard luxary features are great (sun roof, dvd etc.) Third row seats are in the way for daily cargo (groceries) kind of useless. Less strorage compartments than old model and no luggage rack. Head rests on second row seats create bad blind spot and don't fold down or remove. Interior is very comfortable better seat belt that doesn't choke you. All controls are easy to reach and read. Single CD player is a drag but the XM radio makes up for it. Front bumper is low and it's easy to hit curbs. This I definitely don't like I'm used to rolling over any thing. I have to treat this vehicle like a luxuary car rather than a haul anything truck. Over all I do love it and would recommend to everyone. It's about time a large vehicle does'nt have to guzzle fuel. People are very surprised when I say it's a Hybrid..advertise more!

Much better than expected

by Thinking green from Rochester NY | June 29, 2008

I have only had a few days but seems great so far. Without a lead foot you can do much better than the 20 stated. Like 30 mpg. You cant tell when the engine switches from electric to gas. I am not a big GM fan but they did a great job on the Tahoe. Lots of people show intrerst as well. It also is comfortable and handles good.

Greatly Exceeded Expectations

by Soccer Dad from Dallas, TX | February 25, 2008

Handling, acceleration and braking are superior comapred to typical GM full-sized SUV because of the electrical components and Hybrid system. Ride is nice, and the ameneties are plentiful. (They better be at this price!) Traction battery takes up under-seat storage in the 2nd row and legroom in the 3rd-row. This is not a problem with little kids, but less useful for a night out with a gang of grown-ups. Also, there are no 'LATCH' car seat connectors in the seat directly behind the driver. I have 2 car seats. I typical put the infant seat on the driver side and booster on the passenger side to facilitate getting into the 3rd row. I'm not sure of the logic of leaving out the driver-side position. Only other caveat is that there is no spare tire to save weight. There is an air compressor with a can of sealant, but GM seems to think road-side assitance/OnStar is enough. Although, I really can't remember the last time I actually had to change a tire on the side of the road, so it may not turn out to be a big deal. It has only been a week, but in-town driving has yeilded better fuel economy than my 2001 Impala. This car has really exceeded my expectations.

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid