1999 Chevrolet Tahoe

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe

Available in 10 styles:  Tahoe 2dr LS shown
$925–$9,173

Overall

I wouldn't have it any other way

by Xlr8 from Bucks County, Pennsylvania | November 27, 2013

I looked for months specifically for a 1999 Tahoe. I like the squared off body style vs. the newer rounded off versions. Since 99 was the last year for the squared off 'Ho, it was a natural choice. I live on the east coast and my 'Ho came from Arizona. No rust, never been hit, garaged its whole life. VERY nice condition. I had to do intake manifold gaskets which is an issue on these vehicles. The transmissions are weak as well but I've had no problems with mine. Everything works on mine except the passenger side heated seat and the rear drivers side window (which only goes down 4" anyway so who cares?). With regular maintenance, these vehicles typically run well over 200K miles. I like the style. It's big, comfortable and fits my personality. Gas mileage isn't the best but I don't care! I'd buy another one in a heartbeat!!

My son's first SUV

by Tahoe Lover from Red Wing, MN | September 10, 2013

The vehicle is great. Even with 179,000 miles on it, it runs beautiful and when we took it home after purchase, it got 19.7 MPG running at 65 MPH most of the way over 290 miles. The dealer in New Berlin, WI. was great to work with and held the truck for 3 weeks until we had the cash in hand to buy it.

Great comfort for hauling construction supplies et

by Kristy from Wisconsin | July 10, 2013

Very reliable. Great working condition of engine and trans. Good resale value. I enjoy this vehicle.

2x reliable

by hot rod from west fargo nd | July 7, 2013

tahoe had over 100k on the speedmeter moved over 1200miles from TN to ND got avg 23 miles no problems was flawless ran on interstate at 80 miles sold it for more than i gave wish had it back

Great used vehicle

by Randy in Texas from Victoria, TX | December 30, 2012

I wanted to buy a used vehicle to drive to work during winter months. I normally ride my motorcycle unless the weather is bad. The Tahoe has exceeded my expectations.It is comfortable, lots of storage space, and gets a lot better fuel economy than my Ford F-450. The Tahoe gets 18-19 mpg, and I drive 56 miles a day. There are tons of these vehicles out there for sale and don't let high mileage scare you. If they have been maintained they should go well over 300,000 miles.

Great work horse!

by hercimer01 from Rockford IL. | September 25, 2012

Ive had my 1999 for 6yrs now. I have put almost 100K miles on it. It had 98K when I bought it. I had to change the fuel pump once and just general maintenance like oil changes. Comfy ride and great sounding stereo for a stock one. It sure did look nice pulling up to the Venetian in Las Vegas. Have fun.

Very Durable Very Comfortable

by Don M from Mansfield, TX | July 4, 2012

We bought this truck in 2002 with about 50,000 miles on it and have owned it ever since. Now has about 215,000 miles and still going strong. The engine shows no signs of letting up, we had to rebuild the transmission about 3 years ago, but that was primarily due to us not servicing it properly. If you service these trucks, they can go practically forever. It is very comfortable, roomy, and quiet. We used to pull a camper trailer with it, and you hardly know it's back there. Absolute best vehicle for travelling. The only significant mechanical issues we have had is that it seems to get out of alignment and the brakes wear out quickly.

awsome

by johneo21 from New York | March 26, 2012

I have owned it all and never got attached to any car or truck, but I love this truck ! it's everything wrapped up in one .

better full size suv in our family

by chebbie fan from Illinois | March 21, 2012

This family business owned Tahoe has been from San Diego to Bangor Maine and I would rate it a 10 for open road travel. comfortably seats 5 enough room for luggage and misc equipment. The tow package has made it possible for us to transport the sleds from wyoming to denver. and the jets ski's to the numerous destinations on the east and west coast. Now with the astronomical fuel costs we reluctantly must part with this babie.. It was a good vehicle and is still ready for the road without question

Better than expected

by AJB from Albemarle NC | November 23, 2011

I bought my 99 tahoe in not so driveable condition, it was wrecked in the front and needed everything except the passenger fender. I fixed it myself, have had it on the road about a year now and by far its the best vehicle Ive had. Ive had new, slightly used and very used and I can not find any fault with this tahoe. Its the 2 wheel drive version, everything including leather. Fuel economy is better than what I had expected. Would I drive anything else, no. As long as Chevy makes the Tahoe, its all I'll be driving from now on. Seating os comfortable, everything in the drivers compartment is easy to reach and user friendly. At my age, and weight, its alot easier to exit being all I gotta do is roll to the left...