2001 Chevrolet Tahoe

Available in 6 styles:  2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

Best vehicle I've ever owned

by Mel from Indianapolis, IN | March 10, 2014

Purchased my "new" Tahoe 4x4 LT from a dealer in Jan. 2013. It had never been titled, manager had been driving it, had only 8k miles on it and we got a great deal. I used to trade vehicles about every 3 years. I've now had this 11+ years- longer than my (now ex) husband! It has been without a doubt best vehicle. I've had Saturns, Pontiacs, Fords, BMWs and Jeeps, and I put more money into each of those in their short (avg of 3 years) life times with me than I have in this in 11+ years. I've changed oil regularly, replaced brakes and tires as needed, but other than that, only maintenance issue was replacing fuel pump about 8 years ago. (knock on wood) I hate it that price of the Tahoes has gone up so much, too, because I'd have another in a heartbeat. I have 3 kids, so the removable seats in 3rd row are perfect for accommodating kids' friends when needed, or removing them to haul all our luggage on vacation. GREAT VEHICLE.

01 and 02 Tahoes are the most reliable

by Tahoe Owner from Illinois | April 3, 2012

Had a 01 Tahoe that had almost 200,000 miles with no major problems until an accident. Bought a 02 Tahoe to replace it and have had no problems. Decided to trade in a 02 Ford Explorer that had nothing but problems for a 01 Chevy Tahoe. With just a little maintenance it too should be a great vehicle. The overall performance of a Chevy Tahoe is great. Large enough to fit all the equipment for a 3 piece band or to haul a trailer. Long trips across country is very comfortable. Only thing that is pain in the pocketbook is gasoline consumption. It gets about 16 mpg around town and 18-20 on the highway, with a 26 gallon tank....ouch filling up. In the end, since purchasing a Tahoe I don't plan on owning another make of vehicle in the future.

Old Tahoe

by Ken from Cary, NC | January 10, 2012

I had purchased this SUV in 2001 and drove it daily for 10 years. It was a great vehicle that never really let me down. 16 mpg no matter how I drove it was what I could always expect. I went to replace it with another Tahoe to find they were now in the $50K range, and the used ones all seemed to be fairly high mileage, so I purchased something less expensive. Too bad, I liked my Tahoe.

DO NOT BUY

by Honda All The Way from Boston | September 2, 2011

I replaced ball joints, driveshafts, all of the tires, tie rod ends, pitman arm, the steering shaft, balanced and adjusted the front end 4 times, added a steering stabilizerand upgraded the shocks to performance Edlebrocks . The truck still shakes and rattles. The GM Death Wobble. Total junk, and it rusted crazy underneath looks like it was from the 60's. The fit and finish is cheap and panels break easily. I junked it because the lower control arm broke off the frame and the frame brackets fell off. A common problem with these trucks, and I heard Chevy in general, the frames fall apart.

Uses car for Towing

I Love My Truck

by Short Fuz from Saginaw, MI | April 5, 2011

Best SUV I have every had. I started with a Jimmy and it has nothing over MY Tahoe. I will never sell it. I dont even want to upgrade. I stand about 4'11 or 5ft and people always ask How can you drive such a big truck (like females dont like trucks). This Tahoe has been all over and pulled a trailer through 15 states. What a truck :0)

Can't imagine a better vehicle

by T from St. Louis | March 11, 2011

176,000 miles, a few sets of tires and a new gas pump.........other than that, there have been 0 issues with our Tahoe. We use it for pulling a boat regularly, working and hauling as well as trips and running around town.... It is comfortable, reliable and drives like a nice car. Everyone who drives and rides loves this vehicle.... Can't do any better!!!

Best i've ever owned

by Joe from Jackson | January 28, 2011

This vehicle is by far the best i have ever owned. Gas and go! I changed oil every three thousand miles, 278,000 miles an still rides great. No major mechanical issues. The way it runs, i feel sure it will go up to 500,000 miles or more. I think i will ride this one until the wheels falls off. Great vehicle!!

Room for the tent and Cooler

by Go Bears from Chicago | March 4, 2010

This is by far the best tailgating vehicle ever. Just look around the parking lot. Your road trip will be comfortable and have room for everything. You will want an external platform on the back for the grill; those things smell on the way home. I plan to drive my 2001 LT to the Bears Superbowl; so I plan to have it for another 20 years.

Most Reliable Car I've owned

by Booch from Minneapolis | January 22, 2010

I have owned this tahoe since new, October 2000. It is a 2001 Model. I have now over 100,000 miles, and all I've done is rear brakes, tires twice ( i recommend Michelin) and spark plugs and wires, and normal oil changes etc. This truck drives well, although does not ride like a car. It hauls everything, and tows without problem. It still looks great, and I forsee it lasting for several more years and another 100,000 miles. If you don't mind the gas mileage ( 14 in town, 17 on the highway) this 4 wheel drive truck will do everything you ask, without complaint and will not leave you stranded. The only negative thing i could say is, Chevrolet, please try to minimize the rattles in your cars/trucks!

it's a Great truck to own.......

by Chevy from new York | October 12, 2008

the price was resaonable and good........... Most Reliable Car I've Owned................... it's a good famiy truck..................... it rides very WELL......................

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Tahoe