2003 Chevrolet Tahoe

15 city / 19 hwy

Overall

Love my ol girl

by Tahoe in Wa state from Spokane, Wa | May 22, 2014

Bought my 03 Tahoe ls base model used in 2007 with 90k miles. It is 4 wheel drive 5.3l flex fuel. I frequently tow 6.5k lb boat and recently tow 27ft trailer. My new trailer is little over 7k lb fully loaded. I have done a ton of mods to Tahoe and it just pulls better and better. No problems at all with engine or tranny, but I have done lots of preventive maint as anyone should. Have had recent issue with 4 wheel drive, had to replace multiple Spendy parts but well worth it. It has 128k on it now and most of those are towing miles. Love it to death... Never own anything but Tahoe again.

Uses car for Towing

Cheve Tahoe 2003

by CALEIN LUCK from Randleman NC | February 18, 2014

Good service and pleasant experience. Stop by and see them. Love this truck and great deal. I would consider come back and buy second car from these guys.

Good overall, but already having quirks.

by LT from Colorado Springs | November 16, 2013

Having seen reviews praising the Tahoe and its' durability, I bought one with 100,000 miles on it, but well cared for and dealer maintained. Less than 300 miles later, already having issues that may be very expensive. Should have stayed with the car I traded in....

Solid car, easy and inexpensive to maintain

by Bobby Fox from Virginia Beach, VA | July 20, 2013

I have 182k miles on my Tahoe LT. The interior is quiet (no rattles) and runs like new. I highly recommend the 2nd row captain chairs option (harder to find but worth it). Very happy with this car! One of my better purchases over the numerous cars I've owned.

I loved my tahoe but..

by Cag from New Jersey | July 7, 2013

I owned my chevy tahoe for ten years. I just traded it with 51,000 miles. In the past two years I had the brake line break twice. the first time luckly I was in a parking lot. The second time driving 50 miles a hour trying to stop for a yellow light and the pedal went to the floor. I was able to slow the truck down and stop it. But I could never feel safe driving it any more. Word of advise keep getting those brake lines checked. Other then the brake lines I never had any problems with the truck. I wanted to by a new tahoe in the next 2 years but I could never trust the tahoes again. The mechanic says he sees the Chevys with brake lines breaking all the time. He said he just had a 2011 tahoe with a broken brake line.

Perfect SUV

by Loving my truck from Southern Cali | March 15, 2013

Just looking for something that could tow my quads and also have room for a couple families to ride in one vehicle. Decided on the Tahoe versus Nissan/Toyota/Honda. Its wide enough to see around my trailer, strong enough to pull it loaded, comfy enough to go for long trips. It had a couple of the common GM problems, like the guage cluster pegging the readings and tachometer was pegged at 7000rpm, and the 6 disc CD changer going bad. Easily fixed, and hopefully GM has fixed this in current models, but I wanted an older truck. They look classier. All in all, I am very pleased with my 03 Tahoe and glad I got it.

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS (Summit White)

by Shena - Miss Tahoe :) from Fairborn, OH | July 9, 2012

I absolutely LOVE my 2003 Tahoe! The Tahoe has all the room I need, extremely nice ride (not like you're sitting in a box on wheels hearing all the road noise, etc.) it makes me feel safe on the road. Love the 4 wheel drive option. The maneuverability is great, the turning radius is great, Handling overall is excellent for a vehicle of this size. Power is awsome (5.3 V8) you can pull out into busy traffic with confidence, not sluggish at all. Has all the power you need. Overall quality is very good, if not excellent. I love the leather and the Bose stereo --really makes it a classy truck that can get muddy and go out to dinner all in the same day. In sum, IF you are looking for a go-anywhere, take-anything and just about anyone you want with you vehicle that will be a pleasure to drive on road and off, this may be the vehicle for you. It is not cheap, and it is not "green". However, for me, and many others, it is an excellent choice in today's market. Hopefully the mileage and emissions will be improved in the coming years.

Great Family SUV

by Chevy Lover.. from | April 9, 2012

I have owned a 2003 Tahoe since they first came out. It now has over 218,000 on it and we have had only minor problems. It's super comfy and is a joy to drive. Not for people who want a nice city drive because they are gas guzzlers. Ours is not a 4WD but my children treat as if a Jeep. Completely reliable, won't find many on the side of the road. We love our Chevy!

Tahoe

by beanhead from Cleveland, GA | March 27, 2012

This SUV in the z71 edition is best in class and is far better in gas mileage than the Ford I got rid of.

Great SUV

by CarGuy97 from Milledgeville, GA | November 20, 2011

Have the LT with leather seats. Power drivers seat doesn't work at all. Dash and radio buttons are peeling. Very reliable truck with over 250,000 miles and still running strong. Optional Bose system is great.

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Tahoe