2005 Chevrolet Tahoe

Available in 6 styles:  2005 Chevrolet Tahoe 4x2 shown

Overall

Lots of small issues

by Jennifer from Oklahoma City, OK | April 7, 2013

I haven't had Major mechanical issues with the Tahoe but I have had many small issues with it as soon as the warranty ran out. 1. The Phone charger port in front quit. I have replaced the fused and as soon as another phone charger (different ones) is put in it blows again. have to charge phones and GPS from back. 2. Blower motor resistor has gone out TWICE in the front. 3. CD's get stuck in the CD player and won't come out, have to pry them out. 4. The back lift door will lock and won't unlock, There is no key hole to manually unlock and open it. Right now the back is locked and I cannot use the rear of my Tahoe and have to load groceries in the back seat. 5. Air bag light comes on periodically. Was told it was a bad sensor. Have to reset it by unhooking battery for about minutes when it starts happening. The back seat headrests cause a blind spot when trying to look behind you on passenger side. I don't like the fact the back seats are not adjustable, as the kids became teens there was lack of leg room and would have been nice to be able to move the seats back when no one was in 3rd row seats. For the price of the vehicle (this one is loaded with everything but GPS) I expect better parts and not have all these little things go out on it so quickly. It is a real nuisance not to be able to get in the back end of Tahoe. What is the point of having one if you can't access the back?

I stole this car because the deal was so good

by truck lover from camp springs, MD | February 26, 2013

The car was in excellent condition and it was so clean inside and the interior of the car was kept up. 70000 miles for an 8 year car no accident one driver for its lifetime. Cars.com rocks

Awesome Tahoe

by LynnP from Garland, TX | December 11, 2012

I love my Chevy Tahoe! It's so roomy for the family! I recommend this vehicle for everyone especially if they have children!!

The road warrior

by SUV enthusiast from Raleigh, NC | February 13, 2012

Bought my 2005 Z71 Tahoe late last year. I wanted an SUV that could handle family trips with safety and comfort, also handle snow, ice and mud, with some off road capability; as well as tow my large boat on occasion.. My Z71 can do it all with grace, luxury and style. It is thirsty on fuel.. but I expected that... with this brute. no way I am going to put my family in a toaster oven SUV or small car without heavy metal protection.. no complaints, love the Z71 Tahoe.

Good Value

by johnv2323 from Billerica MA | January 16, 2012

Purchased this Tahoe after my truck was t-boned but a driver who went through a stop sign. Have always had a truck so moving to the Tahoe was a big change for me. I like the body style better than the previous models and the newer models, too boxy. 05 Tahoe was the right fit for me at this time and the price was right,

2005 Tahoe

by jsjs7474 from colorado springs | September 5, 2011

Bought new with the Z71 package. Absolutely love interior comfort and sizing being 6'4". 100,000 miles later still like the comfort would like a bit better quality. Have replace water pump (bad gasket), instrument cluster, shift solonid, mass flow sensor, intake gaskets, fuse panel (bad wire harness cut out blower motor) and the fuel pump/sending unit needs done. I would think for building a bazillion of these Chevy would have had it all figured out by now. I foresee keeping this forever absolutely best road trip vehicle out there.

Nice looking and really comfortable

by Love being on the road comfortable from Arlington, Texas | August 24, 2011

This truck/SUV is what a family needs, I love all the detail that went into this vehicle, power windows almost everything. I love that I was able to program my seat settings. This is a nice looking vehicle too, regardless of gas prices sometimes you just have to make up the difference and I'm really glad that I choose this vehicle. My entire family rides comfortable, I needed extra room to pick up my grandkids and wow I just love the way everyone feels about our mini trips.

Best 2005 Tahoe you could find!

by creloans from Wichita, KS | June 6, 2011

I replaced my 2005 Chevy Tahoe with 170,000 miles (bought new in 2005) with a viturally new one with 11,400 miles on it in March 2011. My original Tahoe was extremely dependable, good body fit out of the factory, just a good vehicle. I found it's replacement [exact same car + same interiot + color] through Cars.com at Airport Chevrolet in Medford, OR. Yes, a 2005 with 11,400 original miles - it was almost showroom perfect. Thanks to Joel Dapkus and the folks at Airport Chevrolet and Cars.com - I found the perfect 2005 Tahoe.

TOUGH , DURABLE, BEST SUV I'VE OWNED

by 05TAHOE5.3LT from TRACY, CA | July 15, 2008

MY 05 CHEVY tAHOE IS THE MOST RELIABLE VEHICLE WE EVER OWNED. iT CAN TOW 7700 POUNDS AND HAUL 1500 POUNDS AS WELL AS 8 PPL. 5.3L V8 IS TOP NOTCH. IM THINKN 0-60 N 8.0 FLAT. IT HAS 67,00 MILES ON IT AND HAS NEVER BROKEN DWN IT PUT MY 2000 EXPEDITION TO SHAME WICH WAS TRADED N 4 MY 03 TAHOE WICH I TRADED N 4 AN 05

My husband and I fight over who gets to drive it!

by Dedicated Mommy from Northeast, PA | February 5, 2008

I've owned my 2005 LT Tahoe for over 2 years now. It was a company (GM) car so it wasn't technically new when we bought it - about 8500 miles on it. But since it was used we were able to get a great deal with all the "bells and whistles". My dad has a 2003 Denali and my 2005 Tahoe has almost every single thing (the only things I can think of his has that mine doesn't is rear heated seats - not an issue as my kids are still in car seats and couldn't use it anyway - and an extra trip counter) his has for a much, much lower price. Things I love: Very comfortable seats. We can drive this the long haul and not get uncomfortable 2nd row captains chairs DVD player with wireless headphones so mommy and daddy can listen to the radio and not the DVD Touch screen navigation system. Upgrade from the 2003 Denali where you have to push buttons on the side Oil life indicator. You don't have to change your oil every 3,000 miles. GM has come up with an indicator letting you know when you need a change. I'm averaging around 6500 miles between changes. Helps the environment with all those unnessesary oil changes. Traction Control - this is awesome. It will kick in when the truck starts to slip. I live in icy PA and have never had an issue with snow or ice yet! Things I don't: Very heavy, cumbersome 3rd row seats. They are difficult to take in and out. Seat belts in 2nd row - hard to latch and sometimes unclick. Must be very careful when latching. The 2nd row bucket seats don't fold flat, but I never had a vehicle that did so I'm not that concerned with that "issue". I average 16.5 MPG around town and 19-20 MPG on the highway. I have the 4WD but keep it in 2WD most of the time. I have never had this vehicle in the shop for mechanical issues. It's a champ. All-in-all this is the best SUV we have owned - we had smaller ones in the past: Durango and Explorer. We won't go back. I'm staying with the Tahoe for a long, long time.

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Tahoe