2011 Chevrolet Tahoe

15 city / 21 hwy

Overall

Fair at Best

by mrgeee from Tinley Park, IL | May 30, 2015

Have owned a 2011 Tahoe for almost a year. Bought my 2011 Tahoe with only 17,000 miles, now has 28,000 miles. Okay on highway, drives like a whale around town. Transmission hunts for the right gear around town. It is black, the least little thing leaves a scratch. Had to replace the struts that hold up back door, Chevy should buy reliable parts. Seats do not adjust for much comfort. It is VERY hot in the sun. I've never owned a car that makes you feel more uncomfortable in the summer than this one. Too expensive to trade in for another, would lose too much money. Gas mileage around town about 10 mpg, on the hwy about 18 mpg. There is water coming in someplace, under driver's carpet is soaked, need to get it into the dealer to get fixed. Over priced, over rated cars. If you need a car for the snow, this would be your pick, other than that, try something else. Too bad car companies can't guarantee a trouble free car with quality parts for many years. They use such cheap plastics inside, and thinner steel and glass than the older models.

Was failing from the start

by Chief from Roseville, CA. | May 9, 2015

First the O2 sensors failed. Next the radio and odometer lights dim or fail. Tailgate shocks have failed and replaced twice. The gasoline intake solenoid failed making it impossible to fill tank unless you physically manipulated the nozzle on and off. Now the dashboard cracked on the right side and last but not least the door handles on front seat passenger side lost chrome covering and cause sharp cuts to hand. Vehicle has only 53K miles. Bought this new and am disappointed. Had a 2006 and never had problems.

Love this truck!

by Teacher Mom from Michigan | May 28, 2014

I had wanted to get a bigger vehicle and get back to having 4 wheel drive due to the winters in Michigan. I traded in my Traverse for this vehicle. I love the size and feel of this vehicle! I am a smaller person so being higher up and in a larger vehicle makes me feel more safe as well as my family will be more safe. I will feel more comfortable this winter driving knowing that I have the option of the 4 wheel drive so that I won't get stuck in my driveway this winter. The only negative is that I wished that the third row seats folded flat like they do in the Traverse and the Trailblazer. It takes away some of the cargo space.

solid heavyweight

by Back in Black 2011 Z21 from Nebrasja | October 4, 2013

Sold my 99 Tahoe because I needed 4 doors and more seating. The 2011 feels heavier, it is a bit larger, and slower than the 1999 model. There's no basic model to the Tahoe, they all have more options than we need. Pluses- comfortable ride, all those extra features are great as long as they keep working. Mine has the second row bucket seats, makes for easy access. Third row seats are heavy, while they are removable, it's not easy. Minimal space behind the 3rd seat- if you need the space, get a Suburban.

First Car Purchased out of state

by Dick from Illinois | August 3, 2013

I drove Chevy Tahoe for a few years This one handles a lot better than the early ones I'm glad I got it.

2011 Chevy Tahoe LT1

by Orlando from Anchorage, AK | March 23, 2013

My 2011 Chevrolet Tahoe deserves strong consideration if you're shopping for a large, traditional SUV with impressive towing capacity. But for pure passenger use, a large crossover might work out better.

Chevy Tahoe Z71

by Z71Man from Wesley Chapel, FL | December 12, 2012

Really like the options on this model. Has everything you could want, Navigation, DVD Entertainment, and Backup camera. It is nice for a larger person as I am 6'3" tall and enjoy the space over a mid-size car or crossover. Was able to get 22.1 avg MPG on highway driving which is amazing for this size of vehicle. Colder weather will impact the MPG but use cruise as much as you can and drive the speed limit and it works. Great ride and quiet for a truck with comfortable seats. My wife prefers this over my Caddy DTS because it sits higher and she enjoys the view. No mechanical issues after 20 months, just regular maintenance.

Love my Tahoe

by Wayne from virginia | April 9, 2012

What can I say, this is one great SUV. Looks great, Performs great and rides great. Love my Tahoe..........

Tahoe the beast

by Jake007 from Orlando, FL | March 22, 2012

This is my second Tahoe. These car/trucks are awesome! They drive and track perfectly straight, smooth premium ride, haul like a truck, tow like a truck, haul the soccer team, and anything inbetween. The bose sound is perfect, nav is good, interior quality excellent and comfortable. Lots of extras and technology. My previous Tahoe was 2002 and with 10 yrs /130K miles it still ran perfect. I tow a boat once per month with mine and general run around town with a couple long vacation drives per year. I currently own 4 vehicles and have owned dozens over my life. This vehicle has been one of the best. Stop reading.... go buy one and join the club.... Value: OK... so now the negative. My only negative is value. These cars/trucks still seem was overpriced to me... but if you need one... you need one. One other thing, they should upgrade the standard rims at this price. Repairs: my last Tahoe had almost no major repairs to speak of.

Simple and Efficient Towing

by VikingEric from Appleton, WI | November 7, 2011

We recently purchased a Chevy Tahoe after six satisfied years with our Trailblazer. A new larger camper required a little more towing power. The Tahoe has met our expectations and allowed our family to enjoy more camping trips to further destinations. The kids love the new features and additional room to invite friends along, while mom and dad love the safety ratings, performance and visibility. So far so good, looking forward to smany great years with this vehicle.