2011 Chevrolet Tahoe

15 city / 21 hwy

Overall

Love this truck!

by Teacher Mom from Michigan | May 28, 2014

I had wanted to get a bigger vehicle and get back to having 4 wheel drive due to the winters in Michigan. I traded in my Traverse for this vehicle. I love the size and feel of this vehicle! I am a smaller person so being higher up and in a larger vehicle makes me feel more safe as well as my family will be more safe. I will feel more comfortable this winter driving knowing that I have the option of the 4 wheel drive so that I won't get stuck in my driveway this winter. The only negative is that I wished that the third row seats folded flat like they do in the Traverse and the Trailblazer. It takes away some of the cargo space.

solid heavyweight

by Back in Black 2011 Z21 from Nebrasja | October 4, 2013

Sold my 99 Tahoe because I needed 4 doors and more seating. The 2011 feels heavier, it is a bit larger, and slower than the 1999 model. There's no basic model to the Tahoe, they all have more options than we need. Pluses- comfortable ride, all those extra features are great as long as they keep working. Mine has the second row bucket seats, makes for easy access. Third row seats are heavy, while they are removable, it's not easy. Minimal space behind the 3rd seat- if you need the space, get a Suburban.

First Car Purchased out of state

by Dick from Illinois | August 3, 2013

I drove Chevy Tahoe for a few years This one handles a lot better than the early ones I'm glad I got it.

2011 Chevy Tahoe LT1

by Orlando from Anchorage, AK | March 23, 2013

My 2011 Chevrolet Tahoe deserves strong consideration if you're shopping for a large, traditional SUV with impressive towing capacity. But for pure passenger use, a large crossover might work out better.

Chevy Tahoe Z71

by Z71Man from Wesley Chapel, FL | December 12, 2012

Really like the options on this model. Has everything you could want, Navigation, DVD Entertainment, and Backup camera. It is nice for a larger person as I am 6'3" tall and enjoy the space over a mid-size car or crossover. Was able to get 22.1 avg MPG on highway driving which is amazing for this size of vehicle. Colder weather will impact the MPG but use cruise as much as you can and drive the speed limit and it works. Great ride and quiet for a truck with comfortable seats. My wife prefers this over my Caddy DTS because it sits higher and she enjoys the view. No mechanical issues after 20 months, just regular maintenance.

Love my Tahoe

by Wayne from virginia | April 9, 2012

What can I say, this is one great SUV. Looks great, Performs great and rides great. Love my Tahoe..........

Tahoe the beast

by Jake007 from Orlando, FL | March 22, 2012

This is my second Tahoe. These car/trucks are awesome! They drive and track perfectly straight, smooth premium ride, haul like a truck, tow like a truck, haul the soccer team, and anything inbetween. The bose sound is perfect, nav is good, interior quality excellent and comfortable. Lots of extras and technology. My previous Tahoe was 2002 and with 10 yrs /130K miles it still ran perfect. I tow a boat once per month with mine and general run around town with a couple long vacation drives per year. I currently own 4 vehicles and have owned dozens over my life. This vehicle has been one of the best. Stop reading.... go buy one and join the club.... Value: OK... so now the negative. My only negative is value. These cars/trucks still seem was overpriced to me... but if you need one... you need one. One other thing, they should upgrade the standard rims at this price. Repairs: my last Tahoe had almost no major repairs to speak of.

Simple and Efficient Towing

by VikingEric from Appleton, WI | November 7, 2011

We recently purchased a Chevy Tahoe after six satisfied years with our Trailblazer. A new larger camper required a little more towing power. The Tahoe has met our expectations and allowed our family to enjoy more camping trips to further destinations. The kids love the new features and additional room to invite friends along, while mom and dad love the safety ratings, performance and visibility. So far so good, looking forward to smany great years with this vehicle.

2011 Tahoe LT

by Ken from Fayetteville,wv | July 30, 2011

So far I am very well pleased overall,a solid SUV with ample performance for a vehicle this size. Interior is of very good quality. Fuel mileage around town is 14-15 mpg.

2011 Tahoe beat expectations

by Mr Emgineer from Alabama | May 24, 2011

When I bought my new Tahoe I thought it would be about the same as my 2000 model. I was wrong, it's much better. The ride, etc is great and I'm averaging 21.8 mpg with only 2000 miles on it so it should even improve. Only drawback is rear seats need to fold into floor like the Navigator.