1998 Chevrolet Tracker

23.9 city / 25.9 hwy

Overall

very reliable

by usedcarbuyer from west tennessee | February 1, 2012

Overall, I loved this car. Over 200,0000 miles before the transmission went out. Only minor tune ups on it ever before the transmission. good on gas mileage. The only complaint is that it is a little tight in the car. It makes a lot of noise on the intersate. Other than that it has been a good car. I would buy another one.

good little car

by redog from Wellsville Ohio | March 11, 2010

Ihad been looking for this model of car so I have checking them out for over a year so I knew what I was looking for 4 wheel drive cruse contol and ragtop.it had some issues but the price was right and now it is my daley driver very happy with the car and dealer.

Reliable and very fuel efficient!

by Happy Trackeer Mom from Cedar, MI | June 18, 2008

I bought my '98 Tracker in '99 and paid thousands less than any of the prices I have recently seen, I felt I got a great deal then and I feel like it was an even better deal now. Are domestic, small cars supposed to appreciate like this? The Tracker is easy on the eyes and pocketbook. I have had it stored in the garage for two years and took it to the shop for a once over before giving it to my daughter. However, I find myself looking forward to taking the top off and driving it around the lakeshore this summer. You really can park it anywhere and it doesn't need a fill up as often as our other two cars. The only complaint I have is about the back window. Some of the stitching came loose and I had to use dental floss to repair it. But that was no problem as I could unzip and take it inside with little fuss.

Good MPG, Uncomfortable, but reliable as heck.

by Dennis from Kapowsin, WA | October 19, 2006

I've had my Tracker for 116,000 miles. 2 dr, 5 speed manual. Not a peep of trouble. Finally replaced the excellent tires (Uniroyal Tiger Paws), even though I didn't have to, but am moving to Juneau and needed some all weather tires. It's noisy and bumpy, but take the top off in summer and it's like a very economical Jeep Wrangler with just as much fun. Short wheelbase makes for a brutal drive on concrete slab freeways, but good on smooth asphalt, and I'm averaging 35 mpg. My daughter and I drove it to the Yukon from WA State last summer (with a lot of padding placed on the seats). I wouldn't recommend it for everyone, but it's good for those who may be towing one behind an RV for gadabouts. A well treated used one is a deal for $2500 to $3000 depending on features.

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Tracker