2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT
Available in 4 styles:  2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT 4x4 shown

15 city / 19–20 hwy

Overall

This SUV goes and goes with our family

by CoolMomma from Oklahoma | October 23, 2011

Bought this SUV new in 2004. It has been a great car! I've changed the oil, fluids and tires as part of normal maintenance but it just keeps going. We have over 160,000 miles on it now and it still runs great. It has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. It has grown up with my kids and taken us to 5000 ballgames. Just love this vehicle. The only cons I have is that it is terrible on the ice and snow.

Money pit

by Ron from Cleveland, Ohio | July 22, 2010

Bought it new, good at first then one thing after another needed repair. Repairs are expensive, it's not a well designed vehicle to work on and labor is extensive. Repairs included: rear wiper, power steering, differential, ball joints, a/c, 4wheel drive, etc... Gas mileage poor It does ride well in the snow I have 5 GM vehicles in my name. I did my best to keep GM out of bankrupcy and this vehicle did it's best to drive me into bankrupcy.I am very disappointed with this one.

Ugly Ducking Turns Into Swan

by jwoodie from | March 13, 2010

I purchased a new TB EXT in 2004 with the North Face option, V8, 4WD and 3.73 axle ratio. My initial reaction was that it was a sloppy handling, ungainly utility vehicle that could tow my 6000# boat. Six years later, it has become one of my all-time favorite vehicles, reliably performing in an amazing variety of uses. Although a couple of minor cosmetic touches has improved its appearance, the most significant change occurred when I replaced the terrible OEM Continental tires with decent GY (and now General) tires. Suddenly, its limo-like ride was matched with reasonable handling for vehicle of its size. It has also turned out to be an excellent tow vehicle, and has averaged 16 mpg over the past 100k miles, Tires have lasted 50k miles, and I just replaced the brakes at 90k! Too bad they aren't made any more, and used ones (especially V8's) are hard to come by...

it is a great SUV for a family

by Ghost of Sparta from anchorage, AK | January 24, 2009

This is the first Sport Utility Vehicles that I bought and I got brand new at the age of 21 and I still got it and I have five kids and it is great

I love this truck

by freerider8 from fairview pa | November 5, 2008

I have just made my purchase recently and i have to say that i am happy with it. I think that the ride is great and its also quiet compared to some of the other suv's that I test drove. It has plenty of power and I love all of the features in the interior and the six disc cd changer is an extra bonus. thank you general motors!!!!!

it start everyday.....

by gas'er 04 from cinti.ohio | November 4, 2007

if you like to put gas in this thing every other day,other than that ,it;s a smooth ride,very road noisy,window's let air in really bad(dealer said that they could notfind problem's with that)lucky for me mine is a lease ...so in 08 gm can have it back.........after three year's i should know about this vehicle.think twice before you buy.p.s. i only get about 13 mpg in the city maybe 18 on the highway.i think it use's gas sitting in the driveway :)

Not pretty but comfy and reliable

by Curt from Mesa, AZ | September 22, 2007

We've owned one for 3 years and find it to be quite satisfactory. The features inside are nice and the AC which is critical in our desert climate is always up to the job. Power is excellent with the single exception of leaving a stop light. Its doesnt want to go very well till it gets to just shy of 3000 RPM and then it shifts and things are fine, but I hate to hold traffic back. We have done a few long trips (300+ miles) and the economy is reasonable, comfort is excellent. So far its been just oil changes and a set of tires. We're happy.

Best 7passenger vehicle available

by Chevrolet Enthusiast from San Antonio,Tx | November 8, 2006

The only problems we have had were minor-rear wiper wouldn't activate,heater wouldn't work in rear if front wasn't on heat(were told they are not independent)//surprised we get same highway mpg as advertised for Inline 6 engine//I6 engine performance doesn't come close to V8//

Ugly Duckling Gets Rave Review

by jwoodie from Folsom, CA | July 27, 2006

I purchased (new) a 2004 Trailblazer EXT V8 North Face edition. Despite its somewhat ungaimly appearance, due to being a stretch version of the regular Trailblazer, it has turned out to be an excellent SUV in the best sense of the term. Due to its long wheelbase, ride and 3rd seat comfort are unmatched by anything short of a limosine. The 5.3 liter V8 (with 3.73 rear axle ratio) provides great towing capacity while returning a consistent 16 mpg in mixed driving. The 4WD system is easy to use and provides excellent snow traction, even though the stock Conti's leave much to be desired. Overall, the EXT probably represents the best modern interpretation of the all-purpose family wagon.

Ugly Duck Gets Rave Review

by jwoodie from Folsom, CA | May 23, 2006

The Trailblazer EXT is another GM afterthought which, despite its ungainly appearance, turned out to be an outstanding and comfortable family utility vehicle. I own a 2004 4WD North Face model which has more features than my wife's 2005 MB CLK. With the V8 engine and 3.73 rear axle ratio, it gets 14-18 mpg and can tow a 7500 lb boat or trailer. Due to its long wheelbase, the third row seat is comfortable for two adults, although some maneuverability is sacrificed as a result. On the other hand, it has a low step-in and seat height which eliminates the need for running boards. Too bad it has been discontinued in favor of the 2007 Tahoe, since it represents the best modern interpretation of the all-purpose family wagon.

Featured Services for this Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT