2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

See Photos & Videos

Overall

BADASS SUV

by IveOwnedOneOfEverything from Vermont | May 28, 2014

1st: A car isnt always to blame for problems. Bad previous owners, unintelligent drivers (turn key, hit gas, hit break, and it should last forever w/out even a headlight going out), shady mechanics, ... plenty of reasons you might read negative reviews. 2nd: As my 'name' states, ive owned at least one of everything. Short of ferrari, porsche, etc. And being a sufficient enough mechanic to do my own brakes, wheel bearings, power steering pump, rebuild an engine or two, and definitely the importance of ALL maintenance; I know how to do a smart and rational test drive when buying a newer used vehicle. ok, 3rd. This SUV alone is the best ive owned. Hands down. Outstanding performance for what is. ( '04 TB, 4.2 inline 6, 4x4) btw. Live in new england near canada; 4x4 has NEVER let me down. Very roomy and comfy. Average gas mileage. Driven out of and across states and im worry free. Literally 100 confidence. Mine stalls now and then too. But eveything, especially vehicles, have thier nitch. My jeep ran rough and loud, still lasted 250,000 miles though. I refuse to sell this SUV. I will drive it until the wheels literally fall off. Glides down the road. Ive hit two deer, and not only did the TB take 'em like a champ, I'd smile if a bear crossed the road. Feel very safe. And what used vehicle now-a-days doesn't have a stupid "check engine" light? My Navigator had one on from the start. Overall, if you find one that runs smooth and is in one piece, BUY IT!!!!! ... oh I do have one complaint, no ashtray. But then again I should't need one right? Haha. Way to go chevy. I understand why your the most used car Nascar!

Customer service?

by unhappy from | May 14, 2014

Called about a specific car found online to verify before traveling an hour for the trip. Salesman "AL" said the vehicle was still there. When we arrived, "AL" said they just sold that vehicle, but then offered another vehicle as an option. NO Thanks. I'm not stupid.

Not Bad

by Chace from Chicago | December 20, 2012

I bought an 04 in 2010 with 97k mi on it. It now has 164k miles on it and it is still an excellent car. I wish we would have pruchased the AWD version, ice and snow do not like this car at all and vice versa. As far as maintenance it was simple wear and tear. However, the motor in both of the windows went out and cost me $350 to replace ONE. So, needless to say the passenger window will have to wait. The headlights are constantly going out but that's no big deal the automotive shop always fixes it cheap. I haven't really had any major repairs needed to the car (knock on wood) this is definitely an excellent car. I've driven from Chicago to Springfield, MO (about 900mi round trip) several times with no issues.. I love this car.

Love my Trailblazer, very comfortable!

by Trailblazer MOM from Cincinnati, OH | August 17, 2011

I bought this car new in 2004. It is the V-8 version with 4wd. Can't say enough good about it. It has 83,000 miles on it now and have only changed the brakes twice. Did have a problem with the Dual temperature sensor in the back part of car but mostly a great car. We did recently have to change the ABS sensor as well. This is just wear and tear to me. It is still very quiet in the engine and it is 2011!

kept stalling, terrible on curving roads

by mo from Gilbert, az | April 27, 2011

Bought new in 2004. Rode great, had a suspension package that made it a cushy ride. However, at 55,000 miles kept stalling at traffic lights. Went online and everyone said they had it at the dealer numerous times and replaced parts and still couldn't fix the problem. Another issue was the sway on winding roads. Very scary as it felt as if I had little control. The body of the vehicle felt as if the tires were one place, but the body had shifted. Almost lost control several times, and I don't mean at excessively high speeds. I traded it for a 2010 Ford Explorer and was amazed how agile this suv is and how much more I felt in control. It doesn't shift like the Trailblazer did.

2007

by lookin4bigfoot from Erie | December 16, 2010

I have owned my trailblazer for about 2 months. I am very impressed with the 4 wheel drive and the stabilitrack feature. It gets great traction and control on the ice and snow. the sound system has improved over the 2001blazer i owned previosly.The on- star tecnology with hands free calling is state of the art. On the freeway this feels like it floats down the road. What a smooth ride! Absolutely the best vehicle I have ever owned!!!

awesome suv

by elintocable from chicago,il | December 10, 2010

I love sporty cars but always wanted a small suv so when i had trouble with my mitsubishi spyder i went for a trailblazer,the best car i ever had it's so quiet and enjoyable for long rides that i can take half my soccer team with me. only problem i had was the stereo worn out with the use other than that i totally recomend my friends to try this car...i love it.

My First Car

by Young Driver from Rockford, IL | July 21, 2010

My 2004 Chevy Trailblazer is awesome! I got it a little over 2 years ago with 73000 on it... I fell in love with it when I test drove it so needless to say I bought it! I travel to Chicago from Rockford (about 300 miles round trip total) A LOT!!! It has never given me any issues really! Being that I am the only one in my family with an SUV we took it to New Jersey and on top of all the trips to Chicago it was the most enjoyable car we have ever taken! Handles great in snow and can Haul! My 6'2" dad didn't even have a problem riding in the backseat! Overall one of the best cars I have ever driven!

Nice Mid-Size SUV

by Bass Guy from Chicagoland | July 8, 2010

Going from two vehicles (a GMC 1500, I used only when needed and a Pontiac Grand Prix used for my daily travels) down to one, I wanted a vehicle that could pull my 20' Bass Boat every other weekend and still give me decent fuel mileage with my every day use. My Trailblazer fit the bill. Although a larger vehicle probably would give a better ride when pulling my boat, I don't pull my boat every day and didn't want to give up the mileage of the smaller SUV. Since the Trailblazer came into production, the exterior has always caught my eye, but the interior is lacking slightly over other models. Since buying my Trailblazer, I haven't had any maintenance issues. And if its anything like the other GM trucks I've had in the past, I'll have it for a long time.

very nice car

by hauls alot of kids and dogs from Morenci, Az. | April 14, 2009

We bought this blazer used and it had 32,000 miles on it. We've had to have it towed once, the shifter gear thingy went out. We haul alot of kids and dogs,I have a cleaning business, so I pack it full! We go the the lake akot and it does great in the sand too, all and all great little car!

Featured Services for this Chevrolet TrailBlazer