2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

Available in 4 styles:  2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer 4x4 shown

Overall

Great vehicle

by JE from Fl and Va | December 18, 2013

I've owned this TB since 2006, great truck, as you can tell from my rating, I have nothing but good things to say about it. Graet ride, solid, no road noise or wind noise probably the best truck GM ever built. Good handling, I recently had to swerve on the interstate to avoid an object on the road, the truck handled very well was able to control it with minimal sway, I am extremely pleased with this vehicle and plan on keeping it for a long time. I spend some time on gravel roads and driven through 8+ inches of snow, with 4WD it handle well and has never let me down.

Love My Trailblazer

by Ohio Trailbazer from Ohio | September 30, 2013

i purchased my 2005 Trailblazer in 2009 and have yet to have any major problems with it. My trailblazer is in excellent condition. We just purchased a Ford EXPLORER, Don;t care for it. We kept our trailblazer (thank goodness). It would be a wonderful thing if chevy decides to make this type model again!

DONT BUY!!!

by luckytolive from iowa | August 31, 2013

nothing was wrong with my 2005 Chevy trailblazer ext other than than when i got into a severe accident the air bags did not go off. i first launched 90 feet off of a ditch culvert and landed on the roof and preceded to roll every witch direction for an additional 60 foot before coming to a stop and no safety features worked other then the seat belt held me in. i contacted general motors and they said there was no problems with the air bag system but there just want enough front impact damage... im lucky to be alive so be smarter then i was and DO NOT buy a trailblazer... I will never buy another general motors vehicle after them not doing anything about this issue

Made for Colorado

by Train Fan from | December 19, 2012

What can I say about my my Trailblazer.It's just fantastic.I bought used in August of 2009 just before I went to college and still have today.The 4WD system to me is just the greatest when there is about a great deal of snow we get in Colorado.The ride is great.The power is awesome.The cargo capability is great.The gas mileage is great when it comes to road trips.All in all,the Chevrolet Trailblazer Is the greatest mid-size SUV on the road.

Oil and Gas Hog

by JT from | May 9, 2012

I bought my 05 Trailblazer after I had a wreck. I needed something big enough to carry around my large family (8 people). And to take long trips. I got this truck in Sept 2008, and ever since then I have had to do and oil change every other week no matter how far it is driven and it takes $85 dollars to fill up and I can't run a week on one tank. If I go up a hill the oil goes out the tailpipe. I went on a 4hr trip and I had changed the oil two days prior to this trip and I had to put 6qts of oil into the truck before I got to my destination. My brakes and rotors have been changed, my struts have been change, my rubber bushings on my upper control arms have been replaced, the fuel pump had to be replaced 6months after I bought it. I am pretty sure I have put a good $6000 into it. If there is to much moisture in the air then I can't lock my doors because my alarm will start going off, I start having electrical problems. I thought I was getting a good vehicle when I purchased this truck but all I want to do is to give it to someone who will take it. This is just a small list of problems that I have had with my Trailblazer.

My New Love of My Life

by Gold Blazer from Bismarck ND | May 8, 2012

My Trail Blazer rides like a new, its a good addition in my car buying history I have had know problems with it I see myself going on this site to buy all my vechicles .

Pleased with our purchase

by Silver Fox from Missouri | November 21, 2011

we found the car we were looking for, even if it was 1,500 miles away. we flew to Ft. Lauderdale, picked it up and drove back. very nice vehicle. nice people to deal with. just what we were looking for. have driven it at least 4,000 miles since, and it is doing great. also it was about $4,000, less than what we could fine closer to home.

Best vehicle i have owned

by Luv my Trail Blazer from Corning, N.Y. | October 26, 2011

It is the most reliable vehicle i have owned in a while. Drives and handles great, seats are comfy and is really nice on inside. I won't ever own a different SUV.

My Last Chevy

by Oxpeen from Kansas City, MO | October 20, 2011

I have turned 100,000 miles on my Trailblazer that I have owned for 5 years. I have maintained regular service during this period. I traded in my V-8 Avalanche for this Inline-6 (and smaller size) in order to improve fuel efficiency. After this extended testing phase, I can say that I get 2-4 more MPG on extended highway driving. City driving is not any improvement over the V-8. Overall, the vehicle has good cargo space and the rear seats can be configured to extend the cargo area. My only complaint in this design is that the driver's seat has to be pushed forward to take advantage of this feature. Pretty annoying if you are over 6 feet tall. Hugging the steering wheel doesn't provide optimum comfort. There is a "hidden" compartment in the floor of the cargo area that offers about 2 cubic feet of storage. This is perfect for jumper cables, a flashlight, and a few tools. However, the cover on this compartment is not hinged and if you use the cargo area at all, the carpet "prongs" used to keep the cover in place, quickly becomes damaged. One other note on storage...The center console lid is flimsy and the latch is prone to breakage. This happened in the first year of ownership. I installed a magnet to keep the lid shut rather than replacing it with the same poorly designed plastic latch. I have notice that the cheap materials used on the lid itself will leave an impression if you use the console as an armrest. Mechanically, I have replaced the ignition module. The key fob range seems weak (even with a new battery). The check engine light comes on from time to time, but the service tech only resets it claiming the code deals with emissions but a specific problem has yet to be diagnosed. It seems the breaks may be too small for the weight of this vehicle. Stopping abruptly is a chore, so you better give yourself plenty of room. I notice hard shifting and banging when driving in AWD mode. Half of the radio buttons have lost their illumination, but this is a 6 year old vehicle. I feel there is an electrical issue as sometimes the headlights will dim while driving at night. This problem has yet to be diagnosed. I noticed around 50k miles, a pinging has developed when the engine is cold. I assume this is common, but it is still annoying. New plugs and premium fuel have not corrected this. I feel relatively safe in this vehicle. Restraints are comfortable and airbags are functional (or so I believe). The 4WD and AWD modes are easy to engage and have saved me in low traction conditions a number of times. I have a MAJOR concern with the placement / design of the spare tire. I recently had a flat and found it extremely difficult to engage the winch to lower the spare. I had to activate a secondary release in order to access the spare tire. This tire is mounted up under the vehicle, yet the winching system is not protected from the elements. The serve tech claims this unit needs to be lubed every year, but it is not mentioned in the service manual. It is highly unlikely that you will discover this design flaw within the warranty period. Now I have to either carry my spare in the cargo area or allow it to dangle from underneath the body. It will not snug the tire up against the frame. This is a known issue, yet GM won't take responsibility for this safety issue. I just hope I'm not behind someone when their spare decides to drop on the highway. This is the main reason that this will be my last GM product. It seems somebody has crunched the numbers and they would rather give lip service than customer service. I can no longer support a company that puts out a mediocre product made with cheap components and then outsources their customer service to a third party company that has no authority to fix a problem.

Good car

by proboscismaximus from Minneapolis, Mn | September 6, 2011

My Trailblazer is the first new car I have ever owned. It has been trouble free, no expensive repairs. The in-line six puts out power that feels like the old chevy 283 v8.

Featured Services for this Chevrolet TrailBlazer