2009 Chevrolet Traverse

Available in 8 styles:  2009 Chevrolet Traverse FWD shown

Overall

My style

by Blessed from Dixon, Ky | July 24, 2014

We recently purchased a 2009 Traverse from Madisonville Ford Nissan in Madisonville Ky. So far we love it. With 98,000 miles it drives good and is in excellent condition. It is very roomy with 3rd row seating and of good quality. Greg Liberto was extremely nice and helped us find the right fit giving us a good deal. Although I plan on keeping this vehicle as long as I can I will defiantly go back to Madisonville Ford Nissan and to Mr. Liberto!

Buyer beware

by SUV lover from Houston, Tx | February 2, 2014

I also loved my 2009 til I hit about 30,000 miles. Then the problems began. I am now at 73,000 miles & have had transmission, steering system, ABSsystem, cruise control, Master Cylinder, water pump, drive train, heating & cooling damper system, & more go out. At one point it was undriveable z& just stopped due to something breaking in the engine & having metal fragments! Engine light just came on again & I received an On Star Diagnosis that there is now an Emissions problem. My husband has a 2011 & has had several of the same things go out. Last time we went in my 11 yr Old said, why did they say, "see you soon" as we were leaving!!! There are major problems with these vehicles. Thank goodness I got an extended warranty but will have to get rid of this in August when extended warranty is up. Most items have been covered under warranty except for about $1000. Total repairs have been over $15000!

The love is lost :(

by alib3 from Georgia | October 27, 2013

I loved my 2009 traverse when we first got it, and until this last year it has been great, but the last 12 months have been awful! We have has our Traverse in the service center over 10 times. Chevrolet has been pretty good about fixing everything, but the inconvenience of not having my vehicle multiple times is enough to put me in the market for something new, As of my last time in service, we found out that Chevrolet is aware of the difficulties with this year Traverse but is not willing to fix all of its problems voluntarily.

Does exactly what it is designed for

by Young male adult from Bismarck, ND | October 14, 2013

Enough room for 7 adults comfortably for short term, 6 for a long drive. Very easy to drive. Beautiful and spacious interior and nice solid exterior. I can't wait to use it in the winter. Very practical car for anyone looking for a vehicle to transport lots of stuff or to be able to drive many people around. Pros - Very roomy, high quality interior, nice features, rides well Cons - Mediocre gas mileage, although decent for a larger SUV

Love it!

by ABryan from Texas | August 9, 2013

Great vehicle, I love it and plenty of room for the kids! Not to bad on fuel either. Drives great! My favorite vehicle that I have ever owned

SUPER LEMON

by Jare-Bear from Clearfield County, Pennsylvania | July 28, 2013

The Traverse is great and all, but there is just too many problems with it. We had our AWD 1LT model just one month when the middle seat belt buckle in the second row fell apart. We tried superglue and then the dealer and neither worked. Then @ 45,000 miles, the timing chain in the engine went out of time, which required service. Luckily, it was covered under the powertrain warranty. Then at about 55,000 miles, the power steering would only work at speeds above 20 MPH. At 60,000 miles, the engine overheated because there was a leak in the coolant tank. We took it in to the dealer again and they said it was because the water pump died. Then at 85,000 miles, the air conditioner wouldn't stay on and at 87,000 the A/C quit working altogether. Now we have 91,000 miles on it and have yet to resolve the A/C and Steering issues when we get the time.

Solid 7 passenger SUV, would buy another one

by Got Rid of the Van from | March 18, 2013

This is our first SUV, we traded in a minivan, and so far we really like our Chevy Traverse, it's easy for the kids to get in and out, getting into the 3rd row is no problem as well.

Works for me

by Larry from Schuylkill County, PA | December 17, 2012

I needed a 3rd row seating and an all wheel drive vehicle. Vans didn't have AWD that were affordable. The used Traverse was perfect. The only negative factor is the lousy gas milage. Otherwise the car is a perfect fit.

One of the most reliable SUV I've ever owned.

by Trevor from Hanford Ca | March 19, 2012

This is the 3rd traverse I've owned and by far the most reliable of all three cars. Sleek and beautiful

Next chapter after the minivan period

by Chevy lover from Thousand Oaks, CA | March 19, 2012

Outstanding in every way; appearance, reliability, seats EIGHT adults comfortably. Fairly priced. It currently has 104k miles and absolutely runs like when new! I am confident that my Traverse will easily break the 200k mark with aplomb!