2010 Chevrolet Traverse

Available in 12 styles:  2010 Chevrolet Traverse FWD shown

Overall

Nice Ride

by Toni from Pennsylvania | August 4, 2013

Very happy with this vehicle. Quiet yet powerful ride. Plenty of leg room. Disappointed in the city mileage. Advertised at 16 mpg but only getting 13mpg. Otherwise it was a good purchase.

Great so far

by Busy Mom of 2 from Racine, WI | May 23, 2013

Love the room I have for my 2 kids and their stuff. Family trips are a lot more enjoyable. Interior is nice and has easy to use controls. I have only owned for 1 month but it is good so far.

Good full sized SUV

by Wildcat Fan from Wichita, KS | October 4, 2011

Interior design is generic, plain and unattractive. Other than that we are pleased with our purchase.

Over the van - Got a great Crossover SUV

by TraverseMom from Denver, CO | September 19, 2011

I am a mom of three and tried the minivan thing for 3 years. It was okay but just was not ME. I found it impossible to keep clean and while the convenience was great, I hated the way it looked and was not a big fan of sitting so low and way in the front while I drove. I knew I wanted a cross-over SUV and we are a buy-American family. I had my eye on a Buick Enclave before we started officially shopping, but as we went along, I just couldn't justify the extra cost for not a whole lot of improvement. I bought a 2010 used vehicle. I really wanted leather and heated seats but it was next to impossible to find unless we went with the LTZ. Those were limited and often had more miles and I wasn't a big fan of the leather. We ended up getting the LT and the dealership worked with an auto detail shop to recover the seats with leather and heat the front seats as well as put in a dvd player. The cost was minimal and the leather ended up being GORGEOUS. I carpool all the time and the car is easy for the kids to get in and out of. I will say that with high backed boosters, the seat belts are pretty fussy -- they get stuck a lot. Very irritating. Other than that, it's been a wonderful car. I drive pretty far for work and we just took it on an 8 hour car trip recently. My dad rode in the passenger seat and kept commenting on how comfortable and quiet the ride was. I have had several people ask me about it -- I think it's a great looking vehicle. The one thing that I have found to be annoying is that the console between the front seats has the air/heat controls for the back 2 rows. It is VERY easy to get bumped and will turn off/on, get turned up/down by accident ALL. OF. THE. TIME. On our car trip, we had our child's car seat in the middle of the 2nd row and he was kicking that thing the entire time. We eventually had to rig some sort of blocking device under his feet. I will say that the cargo room is MUCH less than in the van because it sits up so much higher but it's still adequate, especially with the third row folded down. Overall, I'm very happy with the car.

Always in the shop

by busymom from Chicago, IL | September 13, 2011

We bought a brand new 2010 at the end of 09. Within 3 months the electrical system blew and needed to be replaced. A few months after that the tires were found defective and were replaced. The cloth seats started to stretch and wrinkle and needed to fixed. NOW the steering wheel is making a terrible noise at every turn. The dealer said Chevy is aware of the problem but has NO part or fix for it. Infact he said eventually there will be a recall for the steering problem.

great family vehicle

by Ny chevy guy from Syracuse NY | September 9, 2011

The traverse has be a dream. Handles great. more than enough power to pull a family of 6 up and down hills

Behind third row seats

by Jeremy from York,PA | June 30, 2011

This vehicle was bought for my wife when we added twins to our family and needed to hold six. Overall this is a great car. Plenty of power and comfortable. Able to tow our pop-up camper with ease. The only negative so far is the cargo space behind the third row seat. With the sloping rear window you barely have enough space for some gear let alone a double stroller. 24.4 cubic feet is not enough space for a family of six.

Good overall

by Ayers man from Albany, Or | May 18, 2011

This is a good rig overall there are a few things that I wish where better. Not so good on gas around town but not to bad on the HWY. Seats could be a bit better they seem to be way to firm for me. Love the power for a AWD SUV that is so big. You don't get much for your money as far as accessories. May be a bit over priced or maybe I did not shop well enough. We do love the rig.

Best riding AWD crossover but poor mileage

by Commuter Jack from Pueblo, CO | April 28, 2011

I use this vehicle for a 1000 mile per week commute on rural 2 lane roads. I have been impressed with the stability and smooth ride on poor roads. The AWD, size, and vehicle weight help make it safe and reliable but the performance is mediocre. They say that the kinks have been worked out of the automatic 6 speed transmission but it still shifts poorly and hunts for gears in demanding acceleration and deceleration. The fit and finish is only fair as a Chevy should be but the front bucket seats need to be larger and more comfortable for long trips. My worst criticism is for the poor fuel mileage. It is rated at 23 mpg and the best I have ever achieved is 21 on the highway at 65 mph. And in the wind this big SUV wannabe never gets above the teens on the open road. That's the trade-off for having a large and safe AWD.

Best Car I've owned

by Mommy of 4 from | April 24, 2011

We have had our Traverse for a month. It handles well. We have the FWD so Gas mileage is what it says it is. Took a trip to New Jersey and it performed excellent. Plenty of room for all four children. No "she/he's touching me" comments at all everyone had plenty of room. We had been searching and researching between the Enclave and Acadia and decided on the Traverse. We did add blue tooth via bluefusion since we bought an 1lt and we bought new car mats as well. We are all happy with the car. Nice job Chevy!