The Chevrolet Traverse offers distinctive styling and a purportedly sportier driving experience than its GMC Acadia and Buick Enclave siblings. Competitors include the Toyota Highlander, Mazda CX-9 and Hyundai Veracruz.
Under the Traverse's hood is a 3.6-liter V-6 with direct fuel injection. Three-row curtain airbags and an electronic stability system are standard, and all-wheel drive is optional.
The Traverse comes in LS, LT and LTZ trim levels.
New for 2011
There are no significant changes.
The Traverse sports the same stacked grille as the redesigned Chevy Malibu. The high belt line and tall roof are typical of most large crossovers, while the taillights recall Chevy's Camaro. Exterior features include:
- Standard 17-inch wheels, with 18- or 20-inch wheels for uplevel models
- Four-wheel-independent suspension
- Optional panoramic moonroof
Like its siblings, the Traverse's interior has bright gauges and plenty of beveled plastics. The door handles reside on their own raised cutouts, and the dashboard stacks contrasting materials atop one another. Parking assistance comes in the form of rear proximity sensors or a backup camera. Interior features include:
- Seats seven or eight
- Optional captain's chairs or three-seat bench in the second row
- Standard cloth seats with optional leather
- Optional heated and cooled seats
- Optional navigation system
Under the Hood
GM's 3.6-liter V-6 has direct injection and makes 281 horsepower. An optional dual exhaust system boosts horsepower to 288. Mechanical features include:
- 281-hp, 3.6-liter V-6
- Six-speed automatic transmission
- Standard front-wheel drive, optional all-wheel drive
Safety features include:
- Standard front and side-impact airbags, plus side curtain airbags for all three rows
- Standard all-disc antilock brakes
- Standard electronic stability system
Cars.com Expert Reviews
|David Thomas||Cars.com National||August 12, 2011|
|Cars.com Staff||Cars.com National||June 30, 2010|
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Chevrolet Traverse
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.