2012 Chevrolet Traverse
Starting MSRP $29,660–$41,035
The Chevrolet Traverse offers distinctive styling and a purportedly sportier driving experience than its GMC Acadia and Buick Enclave siblings. With seating for up to seven or eight people in three rows, the Traverse competes with the Toyota Highlander, Mazda CX-9 and Hyundai Veracruz.
The Traverse is powered by a 3.6-liter V-6 engine with direct fuel injection. Three-row curtain airbags and an electronic stability system are standard, and all-wheel drive is optional.
New for 2012
There are no significant changes for the 2012 model year.
The Traverse sports the same stacked grille as the Chevy Malibu family sedan. The high belt line and tall roof are typical of most large crossovers, while the taillights recall Chevy's Camaro. Exterior features include:
- Standard 17-inch wheels, with 18- or 20-inch wheels for upper-level models
- Four-wheel-independent suspension
- Optional panoramic moonroof
- Power-adjustable heated side mirrors with integrated turn signals on 2LT versions
- Power-folding heated side mirrors on LTZ trims
Like its siblings, the Traverse's interior has bright gauges and plenty of beveled plastics. The door handles reside on their own raised sections, and the dashboard stacks contrasting materials atop one another. Parking assistance comes in the form of rear proximity sensors or a backup camera. Interior features include:
- Seats seven or eight
- Optional captain's chairs or three-seat bench in the second row
- Standard cloth seats; optional leather upholstery
- Optional heated and cooled front seats
- Optional navigation system
Under the Hood
GM's 3.6-liter V-6 has direct injection and makes 281 horsepower. An optional dual exhaust system boosts power to 288 hp. Mechanical features include:
- Standard six-speed automatic transmission
- Standard front-wheel drive; optional all-wheel drive
Safety features include:
- Standard side-impact airbags for the front seats, plus side curtain airbags for all three rows
- Standard all-disc antilock brakes
- Standard electronic stability system
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Chevrolet Traverse
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.