2013 Chevrolet Traverse

Available in 8 styles:  2013 Chevrolet Traverse FWD shown

Starting MSRP

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Great Car and Something To Be Proud Of Too Boot!

by Mike from Missouri from Park Hills, Missouri. | April 8, 2014

Decided to buy our last new vehicle before we retire, I have three Chevys in the drive and as always this Chevy Traverse lives up to our expectations! We got the eight passenger option and absolutely love it. It drives and handles like you can only hope one would. It is Quiet, Smooth, Comfortable and has all the creature features that one needs to feel pampered. The overabundance of AIR BAGS keeps you safer than almost all the other SUVs out there, and that is based on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. Onstar makes me feel at ease when my wife is out and about by herself. I have had the Traverse ten months now and would buy it again in a heart beat. It really helped to have such a great dealer experience also.(Turnner Chevrolet - Park Hills, Mo.) Thanks GM for rounding out my driving history with another great product!

Traverse - Dont get one

by AdamB from Texas | March 27, 2014

I’ve had 4 Chevy vehicles. All good experiences, until I bought the 2012 traverse for my wife and kids. It’s been problematic since day one. Problems include vibration noises from the exhaust (it took 3 tries to fix that), front speaker works sometimes (not fixed yet), air bag light comes on often (6 attempts, still not fixed), it’s had motor mounts replaced… etc. Tried to get some help from GM to get trade-in assistance to by another new chevy traverse, they offered ZERO dollars. Asked for to extend the warenty as it will expire at 36000 miles and I have 30,000… they said no to that too. Asked for a loaner while it in the shop… no to that too, only if it stays over night. The worst customer service I have ever had. They lost a loyal customer for life.

unbelievable ride and drive

by lebo from La. | March 6, 2014

was expecting a standard ride when I was about to drive this vehicle,but boy was I surprised when I got behind the wheel.It drove very well and the surfaces were not that hard plastic.Lots of options on this vehicle,even on the base LS model.We opted for the LT1.It fit in our budget fine.We are very happy with our purchase. If you are looking for an SUV you need to look at this one.

Excellent handling and comfort -AC design not good

by bubba from Portland, OR | February 15, 2014

I'm an avid renter of cars to go on road trips. What that means is I have experienced many new cars. The 2013 Traverse (LT1) Automatic with AWD I bought (and comes with M+S tires, meaning it's basically all weather, mud and snow), my number one praise is handling. I love the turn radius, the comfortable seating, the comfortable handling on the roads, both in snow, ice, rain etc., the quietness. During snow time, I watched a bunch of people get stuck and slide all over. I drove without chains, just with the traction tires that came with my Traverse, and it was so nice not getting in trouble like others. Other SUVs I've rented such as Ford Explorers, Ford Escape, Toyota 4Runner, Toyota RAV4, Honda Pilot, etc. do not compare to the handling the Traverse offers. I especially hated the RAV4's handling. The Honda Pilot was ok. I even drove it up and down a steep rocky road, about a quarter mile in length, with boulders the size of computer monitors. It handled that just fine. The only thing I noticed was the temperature went up to about 70% or so while I was driving slowly upwards. I only have three beefs, all related. First beef: The junk AC turns off when it gets cold (close to freezing temp). That means you turn on the heater to clear the fogged up windows and you can't turn on the AC to help. Japanese cars are designed to use the AC to help with the heater in the winter time so you don't get into an accident because you can't see through your windows. I read that this is by design, to protect the AC unit, but what the khell GM, learn how to design a better unit. I miss my Honda's AC unit. 2nd Beef: The entire air unit (AC/Heat etc.) suddenly did not work at all twice. It was random times. You turn the knobs and NOTHING happens. NOTHING. This can go on for 10 mins or so. Then it magically comes back on by itself. Again, twice now after a year of owning the car, and after about 13k miles. Seriously? 3rd Beef: American cars are not-so-smartly designed so you can smell the stink outside, the smog, the smelly cars, everything. Once you turn the knob on the air unit to defrost the windshield, it automatically turns the RECYCLE air off and lets air come from outside. I know it does this to help defrost, but that's not the point. So if you need to defrost the windows and there's a smelly car in front of you, or you're traveling in an area that smells, you've got to choose between your life and driving with fogged up windows, or smell it. American car designers are not that smart I swear. I miss my Honda. My Honda did that too, but I was able to OVERRIDE the button and press it. The Traverse does not allow you to override. If you have no sense of smell, then ignore this part of the review. This stupid "feature" is enough to make me not want to purchase an American car. The only reason I'm keeping the Traverse is due to the good handling. If it were not for that, I wouldn't take a glance at this car or any American cars. GM, learn how to make your AC units. That can mean the difference between $40k or not

HORRIBLE TURN OFF PROBLEM

by CourtneyVW from oxford PA | February 6, 2014

My 2013 traverse LT has turned off for no reason multiple times.. There are no same factors, it can be hot or cold .. long or short trips.... it will turn off for a second or just wont turn back on for 20 minutes.. i am furious with GM. i have owned a gm all my life and never had a problem until now .. The dealership i have been working with has done above and beyond to try to help me .. but gm is not helping i dont know what to do anymore i am hoping this is just a fluke thing... The whole point of a new vehicle is safety and reliability. i have never been so disapointed in a vehicle and gm call center.. but i will say the dealership has been excellent

Get one NOW!

by Mike loves his family hauler! from FL | January 7, 2014

Ok it came down to the 2013 Dodge Citidel vs the 2013 LT Chevy Transverse. Chevy had a more areo dynamic shape, More passenger room, and was just more comfortable. I tradded in a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4 wheel drive. I only used plus gas and it was horrible 14-20. So now I have something way more nicer and bigger that uses regular gas and gets 17-24. This SUV drives itself. My family loves it. I really drives like a car! The only changes I see chevy needs to do in the future is make the fancy day time running lights the other SUV'S have. I highly reccomend this vehicle!

sadly disappointed for a second time

by uptown48009 from michigan | December 22, 2013

This is our second traverse. GM bought first one back do to quality issues. Where that one excelled despite its problems this one fails in opposite ways. The interior materials are so cheap and don't last. At 40,000 miles the carpet is worn beyond belief, seat stitching is separating, drivers seat is almost worn through along the edges, just a joke. Sadly this is my last GM vehicle. Sad thing is GM has not changed. They could care less. Make it cheap and hope it lasts til the warranty runs out then it's the customers problem.

Most roomy suv I've ever owned.

by Tomahawk from Arkansas | November 28, 2013

Excellent interior space. Decent fuel economy for its size and AWD. Also plenty of power for its size and smooth ride. My only gripes so far are the steering and the headrest on the front seats. To me the steering is almost to sharp or responsive and makes it feel a tad jerky when you are making steering inputs. The headrest slides forward way too easy and too often. Usually in the position that I dont want so I have to adjust it often. Overall very happy with it so far.

Better option than last two Yukons I have owned

by Traveler from Phoenix AZ | November 2, 2013

I purchased a 2011 Traverse 1LT in November 2010. I am amazed at the mileage 1114 miles from Phoenix AZ to Colorado Mountains and climbing 6000 feet just to Southern Colorado average mileage 25 miles per gallon for the entire trip with the all wheel drive system This is consistent with other trips to Northern Arizona where I average 28.5 miles per gallon although there is a climb of 6000 feet from Phoenix It is quiet and more comfortable than the new Ford SUV;s I only wish it had the new V6 engine I will purchase a new traverse when the larger V6 is available in this model

Nice car but a piece of garbage

by DLbklyn from Brookyln, NY | October 28, 2013

Bad pickup, gas guzzler, screen freezes very often, once I couldn't eject the CD for a day. Overall exterior design is definitely nicer than the older models but it's a junky piece