2002 Chevrolet Venture

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Great Van

by Lou from Indiana | March 5, 2014

We bought this van in 2002. It had 17,000 miles when we bought it. Have had very few problems. Just regular upkeep no major repairs .As a women it is very comfortable for me to drive and I felt very safe driving it. It is getting some age on it and I would love to find another one just like it in a newer model.

Disaster

by vghost from Easton Md | February 25, 2014

Bought this van with 43,000 miles on it. Very noisy and you feel every bump in the road. Can't even listen to the radio. Now at 55,000 miles the #1 cylinder has 40psi. Possibly valves, but could be worse. It would cost a minimum of $1,900 to fix if I decide the rest of the car is worth it. Reading other revues and the van's lack of comfort I think it is best to junk this van.

Jeff Benson Car Company---Fantastic!

by Mom from Garden City | February 20, 2013

Jeff Benson Car Company--great people! Bought a work van back in August, super clean and runs awesome. We're back to look for another vehicle.

Absolute Junk!

by Aircraft Mechanic by day, Car mechanic by night! from | February 24, 2012

I owned my 2002 Chevrolet Venture WB Edition since brand new and it almost has 100,000 miles now. Over this journey the van has had nothing but problem after problem! Luckily im a mechanic and I have not had to pay for labor co$t!!! Problems have included cheap interior panels breaking and falling off, bad wheel bearings/wheel speed sensors, horn button stuck on, engine oil leak, transmission oil leak, coolant leaks, engine intake manifold gasket ruptured (twice now), cheap leather seats cracking, cheap dashboard plastic cracking, A/C Freon Leaks--A/C Stopped working... All routine maintenance was accomplished, oil changed every 3000, miles, tires rotated and balanced, coolant flushed, spark plugs changed, you name it I accomplished it!!! And nothing helped, something new breaks every month! Please avoid this vehicle if you are shopping for a used Mini-VAN

BELOW AVERAGE

by GROUNDHOG from WATERVILLE NY | February 21, 2011

WHERE DO I START, IVE OWNED 2 VENTURES. THEY ALL ROT OUT UNDER THE DOORS, THEY HAVE ALMOST NO HEAT, THE AIR COND STOPPED WORKING EVERYTIME IT GOT HOT OUTSIDE,DOORS AND WINDOWS ARE ALL NOISEY FROM THE WIND,THEY BOTH ATE A SET OF TIRES A YEAR, VERY POOR ON FUEL, AND DONT EVEN TRY TO CHANGE A SET OF SPARK PLUGS ON THEM.[ THEY BUILT THE CAR AROUND THEM] .. REAR WIPER MOTORS ARE JUNK .. WORST VAN EVER OWNED...

It's been a good run

by chris from Currie, MN | February 19, 2010

I didn't like this van when I bought it - my first time as a van owner, and I was used to driving something flashier. I had test drove a few Chrsyler Town and Countries, and they were so much more comfortable. We bought the base model, and the bells and whistles just weren't there. It had 44,000 miles when we bought it. We now have 185,000 miles on it. I consider it an extremely reliable vehicle. Somewhere around 140,000 miles I had to replace the intake manifold gasket for about $450. A month later a spark plug cracked (on the front thankfully, so it was a cheap replacement). The AC condensor had to be replaced (another $450) at about 165,000. For putting 140,000 miles on a a vehicle, I think we did pretty well on repairs. Only major complaint would be the placement of the battery. It's buried under a bunch of stuff, so the replacement time adds up - but, it's not buried under anything critical, so if you know how to run a screw driver and a wrench and have an afternoon off, you can do it yourself. We live in Minnesota and have driven it on some big trips (South Carolina, Upstate New York), and probably on average 50+ miles a day. It's never left me stranded yet. Looking back, I'm having a hard time remembering why I didn't like it.

Hate to let this van go!!

by Bob, builder of bridges for yard and garden from Sanger, CA | October 8, 2009

We have enjoyed this van on short trips, and for hauling a small work trailer. Great gas mileage, the DVD for kids in the back is a real plus! Never any problems and performed great on a 4,000 mile trip to MO a short time ago. Plenty of room for guests and cargo. Husband got a work truck and we have another passenger car, so have to let it go. :(

Excellent vehicle - very reliable

by Impalavair from SC | August 18, 2009

Bought new in 2002 and hated to get rid of mine, but needed a truck. Had 70k+ miles and needed very little work - rear wheel cylinders leaked and brake light sockets corroded (bulletin on this) - all things I could fix myself. Other stuff was normal maintenance. Minivans are not exciting but their good value for the money - especially used - given that they can haul people and/or cargo. It's too bad people look down on them. My Venture was a workhorse and a confortable and reliable one at that.

Big dissapointment

by kris from akron, OH | December 24, 2008

This is the first Chevy van we have owned and it has been nothing but trouble. THe gas gauge stopped working, the interior door panel on the drivers side is falling off and the speaker on that door does not work, and the AC stopped working. This all on a van with less than 100,000 miles. We bought it for the ability to seat 8 people but would not repeat this mistake.

good van

by Regular Joe from Wyoming | May 16, 2008

This has been a good vehicle for us. Plenty of cargo room. Mileage is between 18 and 25 generally. In Yellowstone last summer we did get 30 mpg, but that's due to the slower speeds. Has been very reliable, decent power. Exterior not real exciting. Overall very solid, but probably the least sexy minivan in a category of vehicles known for not being sexy. Will tow a small camper. Soft ride. Traction control kicks in slow and then doesn't disengage fast enough for my taste. ABS is good. Transmission is really smooth. The 6 disc CD player is nice. The best part has to be the price-these are probably the cheapest vehicles around on a price to passenger/cargo hauling ratio.

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Venture