2004 Chevrolet Venture

2004 Chevrolet Venture
Available in 5 styles:  2004 Chevrolet Venture FWD Passenger Van shown
$802–$9,078

Overall

Smooth sailing for a while then not so much...

by KCV from Missouri | November 24, 2012

We bought our Venture used after 12 years of an Astro van, what a soldier that thing was. We've had plenty of Chevy's that were good vehicles and that's exactly what we got from the Venture...for a while. Around 120k the thing started to disintegrate. All the gasket issues that were supposedly fixed by 04, NOT SO it still blew intake manifold and head gaskets shame on you GM. Couple that to a transmission that occasionally slips and frequently "slam shifts" due to a bad solenoid that's $1100 to replace and we've ended up with a vehicle that needs more in $$$ to repair than it's actually worth. In it's earlier life it drove very nice, was reliable, handled lots of kids and cargo and was a very functional vehicle. Looks were always a yawner but you don't buy a minivan for looks.

Worst Riding car ever

by Ang from Ohio | May 30, 2012

I purchased a 2004 Venture in 2007 with 50K miles on it and I am very disappointed. The lids on all the storage have broken. The gas gauge doesn't work and will swing back and forth while you are driving. There is not enough storage room behind the rear seats for anything more than 2 bags of groceries. The worst feature is the ride. Every slight bump in the road is felt and makes the van feel like it is going to rattle apart despite having new suspension/shocks etc. The steering is also very loose and it doesn't handle well.

Our Best Chevy Yet

by Lifetime Chevy Driver from Aurora, CO | December 1, 2009

We purchased our 2004 Venture base model in August 2008 and so far, our family agrees that it is the one of the best cars we have ever owned! 15 months into our ownership, the regular maintenance has been kept up, and the only repairs we have had to make was the alternator replacement, and replacement of the rear brake drum shoes. This van has a very, very smooth, quiet ride. The acoustic sealing is great as it blocks out almost all of the outside noises when all of the windows are closed. It gets great gas milage for a vehicle of it's size, and it was in excellent condition when we bought it. Our family has always wanted a Venture, and now that we have one, it was well worth the wait. This is NOT our first Chevrolet, but this IS our first car that has: Daytime Running Lamps Automatic Power Locks Power Front Windows 4-wheel ABS Brakes Heated Power Mirrors Anti-Theft PassKey III System Dual Sliding Doors Automatic Headlights Quad Air Bags All included with more than plenty of room for four adults to make a safe trip to Seattle and back from Denver. Overall, our family is VERY happy with our Venture!! A MUST drive!!

no more chevy's in our family

by amber from Chicago, IL | August 19, 2009

The most annoying car we ever had. Everything that could fall apart - did fall apart. We bought this car back in 2006 - it had 60K miles on it - and nothing is working right - we already changed alternator, the fuel pump, etc... Glove comp doors fell off the second day, it always shows "empty tank" - even right after fueling the tank, headlights always have kind of a mist in them... hate that car.

Best Minivan Yet

by Mike from Canton Ohio | May 24, 2009

Our family purchased our Chevy Venture in 2005 with 20,000 miles. The van is running strong. Now in 2009 we have 130,000 miles and have done the regular maintenance. The Venture is a reliable and economical vehicle. On highway trips we average around 25 miles per gallon. Our family enjoys the features on it. The power sliding doors make loading and unloading a breeze, The DVD entertainment is great to keep the passengers happy too. The auto on/off headlights are a great safety feature along with front and side airbags, and Stability control with the anti- lock brake system. Our family will keep our venture van many more years. This minivan has been a wise investment for our family. The feature I personally wish we had on our van is All Wheel Drive. Front wheel drive is more than enough, but the all wheel drive would allow me more confidence in bad weather.

Excellent vehicle

by Venture drivin mama from Spotsylvania, VA | February 6, 2008

I bought this car used in Nov. 2006 for a great price! It is a 2004 model. It had just over 50,000 miles on it but for the price it was a good deal. I absolutely love this car!! It is now Feb. of 2008 and this car has almost 107,000 miles now. Yes I drive alot so it really gets put to the test. The only "problem" I have had is the power window switch had to be replaced for $60.00. Big deal! They can go out on any car. I have not had any other problems with this car. I have owned 2 other chevys and they were just as reliable! This vehicle handles very well, even in snow! It is very spacious and comfortable. I would reccomend this car to anyone. My kids love it too because they aren't squished together.

Not So Good

by Ethome from Canada | December 15, 2007

I leased this vehicle brand new from a local dealer. The dealer has been good on the warrranty. However, this vehicle hasn't impressed me at all. 30kms wheel bearing failed.....40kms cd player failed and I had to wait two months for a replacement under warranty.....50kms rubber ruined around the driver's door.......50kms cup holder fell apart.......filter door in dash broke the day I bought it and GM couldn't fix it and never did repair it.....metal in driver's seat structure pushing out through the seat cloth and destroying the fabric....3rd inspection with 80kms on vehicle had to install front rotors and tie rod end....lights are gone in the driver's side power window buttons....has had water in one signal light for long time....glove compartment door falls open all the time.....slip in transmission when shifting between 1st and 2nd gear.....power steering tends to jam up in tight turning areas with six grown adults in van ......gas smell on overcast days..... molding of plastic on doors interior where the inside meets the window doesn't fit tight either side and you can see right down into the door guts...I have had this vehicle serviced at the dealer regularly since day one and I baby all my vehicles....This vehicle has 85000 kms on it which is equal to 50000 miles and look at the summary, not very impressive! This is a mass produced piece of junk! I wish my lease was up so I could get rid of the thing before it totally falls apart...

2004 -2005 Chevrolet Venture

by Chevrolet Venture Driver from Grosse Pointe Shores, MI | June 23, 2007

Overview -The Chevrolet Venture has a spacious cabin with many modern conveniences such as the pwr windows, pwr mirros, pwr seats, illuminated visor vanity mirrors, keyless entry, sliding doors, optional 8 seats, reclining second row seats, pwr front bucket seats, on star, foldaway third row seat which is optional, storage compartment, rear seat air climate controls. Looks very similar to the Saturn Relay, Chevrolet Uplander, Pontiac Montanna SV6, and Buick Terazza. If were to ask which is a better deal when it comes down to buying the new GM minivan, I would say that it would be a better idea to purchase a used Venture instead of paying full price for the same vehicle with a different body style. Exterior -Heated Mirrors -Foldaway Mirrors -Roof Racks -Nice Door Trim Performance -V6 Engine -18/25MPG -Great Acceleration Safety -Intergrated Child Car Seat -Latch Anchor System -Side Curtain Air Bags Optional -Front and Passenger Air Bags -Optional All Wheel Drive -Anti Lock Brakes (ABS) -Parking Sensors (Optional) -Pass Key System (Transponder in key which means it will not start without the key) -Alarm System (Optional) -On Star -All Wheel Drive (AWD) (Optional) -Traction Control (Optional) Interior -Power Windows -Power Door Locks -Power Mirrors -Dual Sliding Doors -Power Sliding Doors (Optional) -Cruise Control -Power Steering -Power Seats (Optional) -Power Sunroof (Optional) -AM/FM Radio -Compact Disc Player (CD) -Cassette Player (Optional) -MP3 Compatable (Optional) -Air Conditioning (AC) -Standard 7 seats or optional 8 seats -Tri zone A/C (Optional) -Rear Seat Climate Controls (Optional) -Reclining Second Row Seats -Optional Sit and Lift Seat -Remote Keyless Entry -Illuminated Visor Vanity Mirrors -4 or 8 speakers -Alloy Wheels (Optional) -Heated Seats (Optional) -DVD Player (Optional) Classes -Plus (Base Model) 7 seats 2 first row bucket seats 2 benches in the second and third rows -LS (Shortwheel Base) 7 seats 2 first row bucket seats 2 second row bucket seats third row bench -LS Entertainer (Extended Wheel Base) 7 seats or 8 seats front row buckets, second row buckets or bench for 3 and third row bench -LT (Extended Wheel Base) Optional 7 or 8 seats

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Venture