2005 Chevrolet Venture

19 city / 26 hwy

Overall

Pleasantly Surprised

by Family Man from Indianapolis, IN | October 25, 2011

A great buy for our family of eight. The built-in car seat is a HUGE hit with my wife. More storage space in the back than our previous van. Would have liked double automatic sliding doors, but the non-auto one opens/closes easily. The van seems a little lighter (less crash safe) than the Ford Windstar we owned previously, but it makes up for that in gas mileage & performance. ABS system needs a little work as it makes noise when van hits bumps, but that doesn't dramatically affect braking. With over 110k miles, something is bound to need repair. Overall, we found a nice surprise in this 2005.

You Will Not Be Sorry!!

by Mommy from Iowa | May 18, 2011

I bought a 99 Venture 5 years ago and Im still driving it today!! It has been an exceptional vehicle!! I've done almost NOTHING to it and its still going strong (we're at about 160,000 miles now). I've replaced the brake pads twice, bought a few new tires and the poor thing has only gotten an oil change about once a year and it's still never left me stranded and always starts even when its been -35 for a week straight(I live in Iowa). Oh and I had to replace a taillight fixture thing. I will be sad to see this one go!

Extremely comfortable vehicle.

by Redwagon from Van Wert, Ohio | February 1, 2011

It wasn't what I had in mind at the time. The salesperson convinced me to just try it. I've had Chevy and Ford Mini-Vans before, but this is by far a better vehicle. Handles nice, excellent performance, power is exceptional, mileage is excellent. 19-20 in City, 27-28 on the highway. Much better than any vehicle I had before. It's loaded with all the bells and whistles and I love it. My Venture is a 2005 model. Only had 29,000 on it 2 months ago when I bought it.

I LOVE THIS VAN!!!

by Jenni from CT | November 15, 2010

I bought this van used with about 125,000mi on it. I was very nervous about the mileage, but 2 years later and I am very happy I deciding to buy it! I have NEVER had a major problem with this van. I had to reprogram the automatic sliding doors but that's it. I love its city 19 mpg, and hwy 26 mpg makes for great road trips. For a van that is an excellent mpg. WHY DID CHEVY STOP MAKING THEM???!!!! I would have loved to buy a new one.

Most reliable minivan t've owned

by the best minivan in the USA from New York NY | May 29, 2010

this van is the best but i am mad that gm stop makeing ventures. it always a venture with your driveing a venture i kown what gm made to REPLACE THE VENTURE THE UPLANDER i like them to the bad thing is that it has 12 recalls :(

cool van

by the best van on minivan lot from New York NY | April 19, 2010

i got got one in 2005 it was the best minivan i had i liked a lot 26 mpg is a lot for a minivan get one you will love it ps the crash test is NOT BAD OK look it up on youtube its ok

Uses car for Off-roading

Solid Performance without Hype

by malcol6 from Reston, VA | August 17, 2009

Solidly gets 18+ local driving and 24-27mpg highway lightly loaded, and 22 highway under full-load at greater than 70mph, better than the highly rated Honda and Toyota competitors. The LT long-bed provides ample storage capacity, without much difficulty to remove middle and rear seats. Middle and rear seats are adequate for short trips, but a little thinly padded for adults on longer trips. After nearly 5 years, only reliability problem was central electronic module replaced under warranty.

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Venture