2014 Chevrolet Volt

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Best Ive Car Ever Owned

by Happy_Volt_Driver from Wisconsin | April 15, 2014

I have had a lot of cars in my life ranging from economy cars to mustangs to a cadillac CTS. This is by far the best car Ive ever owned. Its doesnt have a huge amount of power, but it isnt slow either. You wont find yourself complaining about off the line power as the is plenty of torque. That being said, this car is extremely fun to drive. It drives as good if not better then the CTS or Audi I owned in the past. Its quiet, comfortable and of course functional. I have driven 825 miles without stopping at the gas station, while I was getting 17 mpg with my last CTS AWD. Zero complaints here, HIGHLY recommend.

First time new Chevy purchase

by alster from Northwestern Oregon | April 13, 2014

Purchased 2014 Volt new Oct 2013. Lifetime mpg is 158 with 7,300 miles. In pure gasoline mode mpg is 37-40 mpg. Last time I drove 150 mile round trip gas engine only mode was 44.6 mpg. Premium gas is required but I have used regular 87 octane gas and noticed no difference in mpg. Premium has a longer tank life and that is why I use it as sometimes if you drive only on electric gas can stay in your tank for months. My wife drives round trip to work 32 miles and she has driven nearly 600 miles and never used a drop of gas. I believe the Volt is the most underrated car out there. Even in gas engine mode it still get better gas mileage than many so called economy cars and youe still have the ability to drive all week to work and not use a drop of gas. Great car so far, and I recommend it.....

Completely in love

by ddsy430 from Tacoma, WA | April 7, 2014

I've been researching new cars for quite a few months. I love my little suzuki and it gets great gas mileage, but it was time to upgrade. I was really leaning towards a hybrid, but they all look very weird to me. I really wanted a sexy little car that could still fly on the highways but get good gas mileage. That's how I came across the Volt. Honestly, I was a little worried at first, as it was an electric vehicle, and I do occasionally (though not often) make long trips to visit family. However the salesperson assured me I would not be disappointed. So, after looking at the car online and at the dealership several times, I finally took the plunge. Best decision ever. I love, love, love this car! So far, I have only had to fuel up once, and that was because I made a 600 mile round trip drive. Other than that I have been strictly on electric. I am going to be saving hundreds of dollars each month on gas. I love that is has the gas back-up so I don't have to experience range anxiety. It has great get-up-and-go, some amazing features (I'm still discovering them), and is comfortable and practical. It's a sexy little car, and I feel sexy driving it, especially knowing that I am doing the environment a favor at the same time!

coolest car ever!

by Gringo from Long Beach Ca | April 5, 2014

Perfect car for commuting to work. I have a 20 mile commute and charge at work. Charge at home maybe twice a week. After one month avg a whopping 2000+ mpg!!!! My saving in gas almost covers my payment!

22000 mils in my VOLT and still love it

by Max from St Louis | March 21, 2014

The volt is technically way ahead of any thing ells My average gas mileage is 270 miles / gal of gas The car exits me every day, and the savings over 10 years are apparent. It is fun fun fun to drive. This technology will put a lid on gas usage, it is just 20 years ahead of its time. Last but not least I expect the car to last 20 years for me, even with a partial depleted battery it will run just fine. This in itself is a very green approach. Cheers

love this car

by Jim from st louis mo | March 5, 2014

This is my first winter driving the Volt and I'm amazed at how well it handles in the snow. It comes standard with antilock brakes, traction control and stability control. An electric motor works well with traction control because an electric motor reacts instantly to changes in current. It goes in the snow better than any front wheel drive vehicle I've owned.

The Volt Rocks!!

by tripowergto from Rockin' Rowland PA | February 9, 2014

The Volt driving experience is very normal overall, much like your typical everyday sedan. Performance while running on generator power is better then anticipated and electric drive torque is exceptional.

2014 Volt

by George from Mission, TX | January 21, 2014

I live inMission,TX 78572 It's a small town far way to big city. I had made a research about all Hybrid and EV. "Tesla" : too expensive car ,no enough charge station from my town to Houston or San Antonio.Nissan leaf: Bad review with it's battery ,Nissan doesn't care about its issues,It can run 100miles or less, problem with long trip.Toyota Prius: It may be a best choice but poor interior and bad stability.Volt : No ideal before have a test drive!! I went to dealer only for test drive the Volt , I believe It is my best choice because my daily drive is about 35miles.But wanna know how will I feel with this car drive and end up trade-in my 2008 BMW 528i . Nice car,I love it. I only spent 3.3gallon in 900 miles in my first 20days with Volt. This include 2 trips (100 miles and 60 miles). It is the best one in market for now. Great leather seat and streering wheel feel so good. The power streering is too soft compare with BMW. If GM can improve more mileage range that will be wonderfull. I made great choice to have aVolt in my garage

Techie

by Techie from New Jersey | January 14, 2014

Most technologically advanced car out there. I love it. The design is beautiful and love getting the first 38 miles that I drive gas free.

Proud owner of a hybrid electric car

by Go electric from Milpitas, CA | December 23, 2013

I love my new Volt. The silent power, smooth acceleration and handling, excellent safety features and ratings, low maintenance requirements, high automation and diagnostic reporting capability and saving on gas combined with the low price after federal and state rebates makes it a really nice car to own.