2014 Chevrolet Volt

$34,185

101 city / 93 hwy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Good for the environment and pocketbook

by Dr. Ray from Cerritos, CA | July 15, 2014

Fits my situation, I drive 14 miles round trip to a commuter train, the almost 40 miles to a charge means I have an electric car most days, I est at max electric rate, it is less than $4 per charge. Since gas is well over $4 per gal, it equates to over 40 per gal. The charge time is long at 120V (12 plus hr at 8 amps) so it is worth while installing a 240V charging system. I have not done so yet, I just charge it over night. But when I need to drive a greater distance, it seamless shifts to the the gas engine. The range is over 300 miles on a full battery and gas,

Volt is the Best!

by I say Volt is the Best! from Farmington Hills, MI | July 3, 2014

The Chevy Volt is the best car I've had. I call this the 4 door corvette that uses no gas. If you compare measurement specs between a 2002 Corvette and Chevy Volt they are very similar. This lease is the second Volt. These cars are easy to charge. Never have to worry as the almost 10 gallon gas tank will go another 400 miles. Quiet, quick, well built.

Fun for a commuter

by 2ndcityvolt from chicago, IL | July 1, 2014

Fun car, traded in a jaguar XK for this an not a moments regret. Have yet to use any gas on my 28 mile round trip daily commute. The iPhone app from onstar is reason enough to buy this car... tells me when it's charged, preconditions interior temperature in my garage; what's not to like?

New favorite

by Nate from Redding, CA | June 23, 2014

It's a steal. Take the price, subtract the HUGE rebates ($10,000 in my state), subtract the fuel savings over the expected lifetime of the car, and it pays for itself. But it is n't just economical - it's FUN! I mean crazy fun! With a/c cranking and three people in the Volt, it rockets away from a stop to about 40mph. The technology is fabulous (as in, "I need to write fable about it") and it handles all kinds of things automatically, yet logically. I didn't like its appearance when I saw it online, but go see one in person, especially red. It's sporty and gets looks. Why would anyone buy a hybrid when this is available? They THINK the Volt costs more (no) and that it only gets 37 mpg (no, that is after 40 electric miles that cost 1/4 the gas miles). Most days I drive less than 4o miles and use no gas at all.

Best car ever

by Volt fan from Nebraska | June 13, 2014

Have had for one month. 900 miles so far and I've only used 1.5 gallons of gas. Total mpg is 504 so far. In town mpg is over 8,000. Whisper quiet and smooth. HIGHLY recommend this car.

owen

by gm from Yonkers, New York | June 7, 2014

lot of problem, not conforable in rear seat, hit a pot hole your head go though the roof, not fast enough in with the battery go dead fast, , can not go far with the battery in the car since the a/c on and four people in the car. getting the car repair, local machine shop do not know how to work on these cars, gm dealer rip you off for thousand of dollars.and keep the cars in the dealer shop for weeks at a time. the car is just junk. do not buy this car.

I'm shocked.

by jasbeagle from Metro Detroit | June 1, 2014

I'm 62 and retired years ago. Up until now I had a Buick Rendezvous and a little Saturn. I still have them both but let my daughter and her husband use the Saturn. I thought it was time to get a new car as the Buick is 11 years old. It drinks gas and just driving here and there with it cost me a lot. I test drove the Volt and fell in love with this vehicle. I purchased it May 19th and I'm still learning how to use all the functions. It drives and handles so well it's hard not to love it. After about 2 weeks now of driving this I am getting a 240 charger for the garage to speed up the charge time. This is the best car I've ever purchased for my needs. I've only heard the engine start up because the engine hadn't been started in so long the car asked if it could start it for 10min. I pressed ok and it started and i could hardly hear it. I had to get out of the car to listen to it. I'm really very happy that I purchased this car and would recommend this car to anyone. You won't be sorry.

The gas savings pay for the car - $5500 so far

by CA Dude from Danville, CA | May 8, 2014

I just crossed the 40,000 odometer reading on my Volt. With my average mpg being 84, I’ve saved approximately $5500 in gas over my previous 24 mpg Lexus . Said differently, at this rate, the Volt's gas savings alone will have paid for the car in 5 years. Add this to the HOV Lane sticker and great reliability, and I have to say this is the best car I've owned (and its the first American car I've had).

Vin53805

by Corvette owner from Elizabeth Co | May 7, 2014

I have been looking at this car for 4 years . We moved 32 miles from my wife's job, so we now needed a commuter car. The 38 EV range always concerned me I wanted at least 50 EV. We purchased a 2014 Volt. I got 51 EV miles going to Costco and back. I drive a Corvette, so I am not considered a conservative driver. My wife is getting closer to 58 EV miles. On my drive of 56 miles roundtrip 51 were EV miles or 90%. We have put 185 miles on the car in 3 days, and our EV miles are at 97%. My wife is able to charge at work, after the drive of 32 miles home still had a 25 EV range when she got home. The cars ability to recapture energy on braking, and down hill is pretty amazing. My wife said the other morning a Tahoe and Camaro RS both passed her on the way to work, and she was right beside them at the light, before they got to work. This is a great car, and has gotten a bad rap. The salesman said he filled the tank with gas, folks I didn't buy the car to use gas. I have a Corvette for that, and it burns gas and rubber very well! LOL

havnt got it but want it .

by tour truck driver from christiana,tn | April 19, 2014

I do not own the volt but very interested in purchasing one i do wish to get rid of gas cars i own to move into future tech. As a mechanic i am all for technology of tomorrow , and wish to promote these products as i do travel across america and canada now on country music tours that i do drive for in my job . I am looking forward to trading in my 2011 dodge journey , which is a great car but want tomorrows car . Thank you GM .OF WITCH I DO OWN A 1957 CHEVY BELAIR 2DR HARDTOP . so i love My GM cars ..