2015 Chrysler 200

Starting MSRP

Overall

Nice car

by Car guy from Indiana | January 22, 2015

I really recommend the safety package. I like the nudge the steering wheel gives me if I get to close to center line or sideline. I have the four cylinder and it has all the power needed for normal highway driving. Hopefully I never have to find out how well the collision avoidance works.

Poor visibility and malfunctioning controls...

by alitestdriver from | January 13, 2015

I never write things online, but this car is so terrible, I am going to warn people about it. YES, it is comfortable. YES, it's nice inside - but that does not offset how incredibly unsafe it is to drive this car. First, the visibility is awful. The windows are short and blocked by either large pillars or seats. Trying to check a blind spot is scary - especially if you need to change lanes quickly for whatever reason. Like most cars, there's no windshield wiper on the back - which makes no sense. When it is raining, you will NOT be able to see out of the back window. You will be restricted to the cars side mirrors. Second, the turn signals are possessed. When using turn signals to change lanes, sometimes it won't even SHUT OFF! I have to flip it to the on, off, and opposite side positions multiple times before i could get it to turn off - which is very confusing to other drivers. This morning, I couldn't not get it to turn off, so i ended up turning the hazards on. I didn't want people confused about which lane i would be in. When stop, the brakes don't consistently brake - and no, i don't mean the anti lock brakes kick in. When braking, the brakes briefly feel like they are not braking for a half a second. The car has nice bluetooth, nice seats, seat warmers....that's great, but I have never felt so unsafe driving a car in my life. You may as well get in a comfy la-z-boy now, put blinders on, and get pushed off a two story building because that's what driving this car feels like. Comfortable, but can't see worth a nickel. I'm lucky to have only had to rent this car for two weeks (it only had 500 miles on it). I INSIST anyone considering this car just pay attention to how much the front pillars block vision, especially when you are at an intersection. Whole cars disappear behind those pillars. Thank you - and good luck everyone with your car shopping.

Love the car BUT

by xraychick from Georgia | January 7, 2015

I just bought my new 200, I was absolutely in love then with less than 2500 miles on it I was left stranded. It is at the dealership now and I hope they can find what is wrong cause I absolutely love it. bUT if not I will trade it soon I travel alone a lot and like for a vehicle to be reliable.

4th mopar

by Mopar no car from Swedesboro, nj | January 1, 2015

Over 1600 miles logged in and my 200 S model. Looks good outside. Best in class interior, bluetooth connection issues however are apparent. Unconnect APP is cool because you can unlock, lock and remote vehicle but takes 2-3 mins to process. Transmission is wonky but as car adjusts to drivers habits improves slightly.

Rented 2015 200

by fisherman from Oregon City, Oregon | December 22, 2014

This car took me back in time to the mid seventies and early eighties. Those cars were not worth the money spent on any of them. This is just another example of why Chrysler has been in trouble since Lee left the company. I drove this car the other day and logged over 300 miles in it. It is the most uncomfortable sedan I can remember ever driving. The driver can't stretch his or her left leg out straight because the fender well is there. The head rest pushes your head forward and only adjusts up or down. I found the seat uncomfortable to sit in on a long trip. This is a good sized car and should have allot more room for the driver. The center console is way wider than it needs to be. I'm sure the idea was to give the feeling that your in a cockpit. The touch screen is a major distraction when trying to make adjustments. It controls pretty much every thing. I found it demands to much of your attention to operate, like texting and driving. The steering wheel does not adjust to an angle that is comfortable for me. The transmission is the absolute worst that I have ever been exposed to. At low speed it is constantly shifting up and down, giving me the impression this car was rushed into production. I would not recommend this car to anyone.

Chrysler 200 2015

by SNLForever from Hollywood, FL | December 14, 2014

Drove this car for two weeks. It had 3000 miles on it. Overall impression is fairly good except for a couple of things. The car is stylish, comfortable, and spacious. However, the rear view mirror blocks a lot of the front windshield. The transmission sometimes searches for the right gear and shifts roughly. The rear brakes made scraping noises when stopping on several occasions, and the interior storage is not that well designed. Only got about 18 mpg city, but that is what is listed. Other than the above, it is not a bad car to drive. The trunk is fairly spacious and the turning radius is good, as well. And the interior looks very nice, with leather touches here and there. Will not buy this, though.

Worst Driving New Car Available

by Xmsteel from Tri-Cities, WA | December 12, 2014

My job includes driving brand new 2014/2015 vehicles every day. Ranging from HEMI RAMs to Mercedes sedans. That being said, I can honestly say these are the worst new car I have ever driven. The big problem is the 9-speed transmission they put in them. For some reason the 8-Speed available in the RAM pickups is fine, but the 9-speed is an utter disaster. Any speed below 30MPH in this car will have you feeling like you are on a carnival ride. Shift up, down, up, up, up, down, down, up, down. And yeah, you can feel every shift. When slowing down the car lunges forward and the RPMs jump up. Its unfortunate too because this is an attractive looking car. Its just a shame the Chrysler group can't make a good running and driving vehicle ever since 2005.

Nice car with a faulty transmission

by Junk from babylon,ny | November 26, 2014

One of the worst sedan on the market , it rides great but within 2 weeks the transmission is DEAD,DEAD,DEAD. Call the dealer , they replaced the tranny, she got back ,2 days after, start the car , shift to drive , it won't move, dealer order a second transmission replacement. Rear suspension is noisy , they order springs and shock absorber.

200s Transmission

by LuLu from oregon | November 7, 2014

I just bought a 2015 200s. Loved the car. But had it for 2 days and my transmission when out. I'm getting another car so I will let you know how that one goes.

2015 Chrysler 200C

by Delta Frank from Clinton, Illinois | October 31, 2014

I'm 73 now I have owned Chryslers since 1975 and never NEVER HAD ANY TROUBLE OUT ANY OF THEM.A Month ago Aug 2014 I bought a New 2015 Chrysler 200-C . It would take a week to write a complete review of this car This is the finest Chrysler I have EVER owned.Has the new small tiger shark engine. It has a better pickup than a 6 r. I got all the extras on this one...If you don't give this a test drive, you will be sorry. I went to Iowa and Southern Illinois. Got 38 to 40 miles a gallon.