2015 Chrysler 200

2015 Chrysler 200
Available in 6 styles:  2015 Chrysler 200 4dr FWD Sedan shown
Starting MSRP

Overall

Owner 200C AWD and Love It.

by The Car Guy from Louisville, Ky | March 18, 2015

While I can understand many of the negative comments made in some of the other reviews. I will stand on my own and review my 200C AWD I have owned for nearly 3 months now. I purchased mine technically new, but it was a demo with about 4200 miles already on it. Going from a 2013 Hyundai Elantra to this car was a jump in many ways including price, curb weight, engine size and HP, FWD to AWD and overall performance. At first I was worried the weight of this car would be hard to get under control, but as I have spent more and more time behind the wheel driving to and from work on back country, curvy and very hilly roads I have learned to keep it between the lines while not slowing down. The AWD helps a lot in that regard. The snow we had here in the Louisville KY area in Feb and March put this beast to the test in the snow (nearly 2 feet March 5th) and it performed nearly flawlessly. I have driven in all sorts of weather, and being from Michigan and having lived in all sorts of climates snow doesn't keep me from pushing a car. Even in the few times my 200C tried to slip away, I was able to reel it back by backing off the throttle, stearing into the skid and then skillfully using the throttle to pull it back in line. The car has no problems when it comes to passing, the engine pulls and will rocket this heavy sled to well into the triple digits speed wise before you know it on the interstate. At 55 you can use a well controlled throttle to pass slowly or spend a bit more fuel to get the manuever done in a hurry. From a stop, if needed the car will get up to 60 or 70 MPH quickly. At normal throttle there is a longer time spent in 2nd gear than needed and then a bit of a pull when it shifts into 3rd. That should be fixed with an update to the electronic transmission. Also I do wonder why the set the 9th gear to not automatically kick in until 72 MPH and only on flat suface or down hill. If there is even a slight incline the car will downshift to 8th or 7th. You can use the paddles to shift into 9th gear at 62 MPH but again it has to be on a flat surface or downhill. The interior is nice and well appointed, although I do have a few complaints. I don't like the Cruise control buttons, where they are located and the fact they are hard to differentiate. What I don't like even more is when you turn the cruise control on, the dash lets you know by removing the Digital Speedometer display for about 5 seconds and replacing it with the message that the cruise control is ready. A simple icon would suffice as with most other cars. Also, and I don't know if this is just my car or if this is a "bug" with many of the 200's but on occasion when I get into my car to drive at night for some reason my lights are turned off. The dial has moved from the "Auto" Position to the "Off" position. I NEVER turn that dial off. I prefer Automatic headlights and if it were up to me that dial wouldn't even be there. The lights would just be set to Auto period. The seats aren't too bad though they could use better lumbar support. The stereo is very nice with the 10 speakers and I believe 500 watts of power. Sounds very nice. The trunk is ok, but my 2011 Hyundai Sonata had a larger one. I now have over 10,000 miles on my car and I am happy with it overall. This makes my 4th new car purchase since 2010 and barring any unforseen problem with it or God forbid a wreck, I will be keeping it for many years.

Not bad but not great either

by First "Family" Car from Washington, DC | February 26, 2015

My 200S awd review after 4000 miles. In a nutshell: It's a 3-star car with 5-star amenities and price. If you can deal with the transmission (I drive almost all highway but if you drive a lot of stop-and-go, avoid this car at all costs) and are fine with mediocre mileage (with the Pentastar), I recommend it. The Bad: 1) Interior: cramped rear seats if you're taller than 5'10". I don't mind the coupe styling (all my previous cars were 2 doors) but I can see why people used to sedans won't like the thick A-pillars and low windshield. Some interior plastics are easy to scratch/get dirty (check out the door panels). I have a couple trim pieces that are coming apart which the dealer claimed is "normal" so durability is suspect. 2) Exterior: I got the Premium lighting package and while the LED DRLs look great, the HID bulbs leave a lot to be desired. I've had halogen projectors that light up better! 3) Performance: Transmission is truly awful. I've seen 9th gear maybe twice, so what's the point? Passing on the highway is a split personality: either you snooze along at Prius-like speeds or the tranny kicks down 1, 2, 3 gears, then hold on for dear life as you rocket to "go directly to jail" speeds. Fuel economy is a little disappointing too; while it matches EPA combined, this is my first car that doesn't get closer to EPA highway (e.g., I averaged 20.5 mpg in a Wrangler, 25 mpg in a Golf R, 24 mpg in a 300ZX, etc.). The Good: 1) Interior: looks fantastic and has a TON of storage space. UConnect is easy to use and the 8.4" screen is the best use of a vehicle touchscreen I've seen. Seats are comfortable but the lumbar support could use some work. 2) Exterior: I like the looks but I can see why some people say it looks generic (esp up front). The LED taillights look great at night and I've had lots of coworkers compliment me. 3) Performance: quick for a family sedan (but not as quick as fwd Accord and Camry V6). Handles well for what it is.

An Acceptable, but not Overwhelming Car

by Airgeoff from | February 14, 2015

I am basing this review off of the base model vehicle I recently rented on a business trip, driving it slightly over 1000 miles. Please ignore the rating for reliability I don't really have a basis for that. Pros: - Base entertainment system is actually quite good. It should be sufficient for all but the most demanding audiophile. The pairing to my phone was simple, and the microphone also quite good (says my wife). - Very roomy truck. I was able to fit everything I needed in there without a problem. - Very good mileage. I consistently got 36 mpg or higher on the highways. Neutrals: - The driver seat was good, but not great. Comfortable enough for a long journey though. - Back-up camera. Wheel lines is a handy feature, but not quite accurate. It seemed to be consistently about 8 inches off from where the wheels actually were. Cons: - One of the worst transmissions I have ever dealt with. It took forever to switch gears and just did not make me want to drive it or deliver any performance gains. - Huge blind spots. - Cruise controls were easy enough to figure out, but required me to look down every time as they could not be easily distinguished by touch. - Climate control for heat is annoying. You have to hold the button down for about 20 seconds to switch it from hot to cold or vice versa. Distracting if you're driving. Overall, it was okay, but there are much better cars out there for a comparable price or a little more. I would go for one of those instead.

Great 200 C FWD

by Happy200COwner from Richmod VA | February 9, 2015

Purchased a fully loaded 200 C FWD with the V6 model in October. Have over 3000 miles on it now and it has been very reliable. The V6 is very powerful and you can get from 0 to 60 on about 6 seconds!. The only issue we have is that the driver's seat squeaks a little when shifting your butt to the right..Will bring to dealer to fix that. We have the panoramic sunroof and it's great for front seat passengers but if you are over 5'11" you will be cramped fro headroom space. All electronics are great. Chrysler's NAV/Radil unit is great, easy to use and uses voice commands also if you like. One reviewer slammed the use of the environmental controls on the touchscreen... It works fine and most functions are duplicated on the center console knobs for a/c fan radio, etc. Would recommend this car to everyone....

by CHRIS from | February 3, 2015

I have been driving this car for a little over a week as my car is in the shop for some body work. This car has some good points and bad points. Good points: Looks nice, seats are supportive, once the car gets moving kind of fun to drive. Now on to the bad points. The transmission in this car sucks. Like others have said, at low speeds the tranny is constantly jumping between gears and it is very jerky when it does so, not fun when you are driving on snowy/icy roads. The seats, while supportive, arent very adjustable and i feel like I am forced to sit in a reclining position, which, when combined with the small windows and large pillars, can make visibility in this car a bit of a difficulty. Unless you are big on saving gas and hate performance of any kind, DO NOT get the four cylinder engine. For a car this tubby, it feels like you are being pulled by a herd of turtles at times. And speaking of tubby, unless you are some anorexic midget, you will not have fun getting into this car. Also, call me old fashioned, but I miss having a regular shifter. A dial, REALLY Chrysler?? Also, having the climate controls on that joke of a touch screen is a bad idea as it takes 5x as long to simlply change the setting from one to another while diverting the drivers attention from the road, can anyone say DANGEROUS. When you have to go three menus deep to change the defroster, something is wrong and the designer/s need a swift kick in the oompa loompas. It is a shame that the exterior looks do not match the comfort and performance.

Great Car

by Munk from Portage, MI | February 3, 2015

Great Car! I have the S version with FWD. I really love this car. Plenty of power, the interior looks like it should be on a car that costs a lot more. The bluetooth is easy to set up and the controls inside the car are very easy to find and use. My only gripe and it is a little one.. The gas tank is kinda on the small side for a v6. Not a huget deal, but it could stand to be a little bigger. Overall I find that this car has a lot of value for the price paid. I have been driving imports for several years and I am happy to have found a domestic car that I truly love to drive.

Love this vehicle!

by Yvonne from Charlotte NC | January 27, 2015

As a female with a large purse that holds everything and cannot find anything ... this car is a dream. I bought the C class and I only have to be near the car with keys in my purse and it unlocks when I open the door handle. I use the brake and start button and I'm off. Love the blue tooth again, as I no longer have to dig in my purse to find my phone. When I park the car, I lock it from the outside button on the door handle. Great sound systems, handles nicely. Test drove two competitor vehicles and the 200 provided more options for the same money, handled better than the other mid-size sedans... love the remote start, GPS, heated seats, back up camera. Great vehicle!

Nice car

by Car guy from Indiana | January 22, 2015

I really recommend the safety package. I like the nudge the steering wheel gives me if I get to close to center line or sideline. I have the four cylinder and it has all the power needed for normal highway driving. Hopefully I never have to find out how well the collision avoidance works.

Poor visibility and malfunctioning controls...

by alitestdriver from | January 13, 2015

I never write things online, but this car is so terrible, I am going to warn people about it. YES, it is comfortable. YES, it's nice inside - but that does not offset how incredibly unsafe it is to drive this car. First, the visibility is awful. The windows are short and blocked by either large pillars or seats. Trying to check a blind spot is scary - especially if you need to change lanes quickly for whatever reason. Like most cars, there's no windshield wiper on the back - which makes no sense. When it is raining, you will NOT be able to see out of the back window. You will be restricted to the cars side mirrors. Second, the turn signals are possessed. When using turn signals to change lanes, sometimes it won't even SHUT OFF! I have to flip it to the on, off, and opposite side positions multiple times before i could get it to turn off - which is very confusing to other drivers. This morning, I couldn't not get it to turn off, so i ended up turning the hazards on. I didn't want people confused about which lane i would be in. When stop, the brakes don't consistently brake - and no, i don't mean the anti lock brakes kick in. When braking, the brakes briefly feel like they are not braking for a half a second. The car has nice bluetooth, nice seats, seat warmers....that's great, but I have never felt so unsafe driving a car in my life. You may as well get in a comfy la-z-boy now, put blinders on, and get pushed off a two story building because that's what driving this car feels like. Comfortable, but can't see worth a nickel. I'm lucky to have only had to rent this car for two weeks (it only had 500 miles on it). I INSIST anyone considering this car just pay attention to how much the front pillars block vision, especially when you are at an intersection. Whole cars disappear behind those pillars. Thank you - and good luck everyone with your car shopping.

Love the car BUT

by xraychick from Georgia | January 7, 2015

I just bought my new 200, I was absolutely in love then with less than 2500 miles on it I was left stranded. It is at the dealership now and I hope they can find what is wrong cause I absolutely love it. bUT if not I will trade it soon I travel alone a lot and like for a vehicle to be reliable.