2015 Chrysler 200

Starting MSRP

Overall

not really

by russh from Atlanta, GA | June 23, 2015

Nice effort with styling, copying the Ford Fusion and Mazda 6 but the horrible rear vision, blind spots in this car are beyond belief. Also the lack of power adjustable drivers seat at the entry level is inexcusable. I am 5'7 and getting in this car is difficult. Chrysler will lose badly with this going up against Camry, Accord and Fusion.

Sounds great but how long will this car last

by Jehbooba Day-Evermosy from Death Valley, Ca | June 21, 2015

considering past Chrysler reliability and all? Wouldn't we have better odds forking over a little more cash for like a Kia Optima or Toyota Camry? I'm concerned with the tons of 2015 200 rental cars I see everyday, stop already, Chrysler we hate that.....

Uses car for Towing

Impressed

by Luly from Oviedo, Fl | June 14, 2015

Test drove a 2015 Mazda 3 (2.5L), a 2016 Acura ILX, and a Lexus IS 250 before test driving the '15 Chrysler 200 C (6 cyl.) and 200 Sport (4 cyl.). I enjoyed driving the S (4 cyl.) so much, and with so many std. features available for the money, fantastic incentives and attractive looks, I purchased it. Besides the upgraded navigation system & comfort features, mine has the super comfy/great support ventilated/heated leather seats, double-pane panoramic sunroof, lunar white tri-coat pearl exterior paint, 19 in. Wheels & blind spot & cross path detection. It looks awesome. The ride on the hwy. is super smooth. Steer is excellent in Drive or Sport mode. The sport suspension in this car is enjoyable. My husband drives a 15 Mazda 6, but drives mine like he stole it. The first time on the highway I reached 89 mph thinking I was at 60 mph. I got 34 mpg on that trip. My city mpg is 26-27 in Orlando. You will no be able to tell from looking at the car whether this S model is a 4 cyl. or a 6 cyl. I'm very happy with car. My previous car was a 2007 Camry Hybrid, with 118K mi., which I still have, waiting for my daughter to drive it to college next year. The hybrid still drives well & every component works, but I got bored with it.

NICE MID SIZE CAR

by SHELIA from HOOVER,AL | June 13, 2015

I was skeptical at first but after taking a test drive I was very impressed. I like the dynamics of the bells and whistles that this car offer. It was a nice smooth ride. Quite and easy to maneuver. I would recommend this car to friends and family. I was very impressed with my car sales man (Robert Hooks). He was very friendly and informative. He knew what I was interested in and went out of his way to make sure that I was satisfied. I really appreciate his patience and diligence.

Excellent car but I have two suggestion

by Felix from Surrey, BC, Canada | June 12, 2015

This car is excellent. Since I bought it, I did not want to drive my Lexus RX450H anymore. Other than all listed by other reviews, the following features are specifically loved by me. 1) Electrical parking break. Since I used this EPB, I will not buy any vehicle that do not have an EPB. I know some others also have EPB. But this 200 model has a smart EPB. It automatically applies when you shift the gear to P, when you unlatch your belt or open the door. The best of this EPB is at red lights, you can turn it on so that you do not need to hold the break! And you only need to push the gas peddle to let the vehicle to go and the EPB releases by itself. Here I have a smarter suggestion for this EPB. See suggestions at the end. 2) Auto comfort. This car is smart that when the outside temperature goes below 5 degrees centigrade, it automatically heat the steering wheel, driver side seat, and when the outside is hot (I don't know how hot yet), it automatically cools the driver side chair. 3) Oil change interval is $12,000 km. This is nicer than those $8000 km. Two suggestions: 1) To make the EPB smarter, Chrysler could let the vehicle to apply EPB automatically at full stop. In this case, you donot need to hold the break. This could be done in a firmware update. 2) If it can turn off the engine as well, and the vehicle will start and move as you push the gas peddle, that would be even smarter! I don't think this can be done with a firmware upgrade. The only thing I don't like very much of this vehicle is the Garmin GPS. When you enter a street, it will list several entries and you have to try each one in order to find the proper address. Lexus is much better in this aspect. All in all, I love this car and you save $30,000 with similar features in premium brand. If Chrysler listens and add the features in the 1st suggestion, that would be great. Thanks FCA for making a nice car. Felix

Fantastic Value and Fun To Drive

by Bmore Like Me from Baltimore, Maryland | June 9, 2015

This is a very early review as far as ownership is concerned, but I'm 100% pleased with my purchase. I've owned this 2015 Chrysler 200C AWD for 10 days. Many of the reviews are accurate depictions of what you can expect from this car. And as other sources have remarked, the 200 IS the "poor man's Lexus (or Cadillac, etc.)." But that's just fine with me. It's a great value for the budget-conscious individual that wants as much of a luxury experience as they can get for their money. The features (in a fully loaded 200C, for example), rival that of a number of high-end midsize sedans that have a much heftier price tag; and it never fails to compete aesthetically. In Lunar White Tri-Coat Pearl, complete with chrome accents, premium lighting, and 19 inch aluminum wheels, my 200C always turns heads. Yes, it's described as a "family sedan," but as a single, 32 year old male with no children, I find the car is ideal for a young professional that wants to upgrade to something a bit more "serious" than the sportier, louder options that I've selected in my 20's. Calling the 200 "a stretched Dodge Dart," is not insulting, and is actually just the move I want to make. Working at a local bank in a very "affluent" community, I now own a car that I can confidently park next my manager's and clients' Mercedes Benzes, and Lexuses. As a matter of fact, some of those other sedans don't even come in AWD. The Chrysler 200C is fun to drive. It has a ton of power, yet maintains a very smooth ride. The sport mode, generates noticeable difference, but not major enough for me to use it regularly. It feels solid on the road, and handles most twists and turns securely. Sudden or sharper turns are not as stable, but those aren't a normal occurrence for me. Its interior is much quieter than its predecessor, but overall, not THAT quiet in comparison to some of its competitors. You'll sacrifice some fuel efficiency with the V6, vs. the 4 cylinder. I tend to drive more aggressively, so I can't say that I'm getting the best economy. I suspect that with some changes to my driving habits, fuel consumption will improve. When fully operating, the SafetyTech features are a godsend and tend to inspire confidence and security on the road. However, I am experiencing a malfunction with the Forward Collision Warning and the Adaptive Cruise Control; each designed for crash avoidance. This is troubling, since the car is new, but I have no doubt that the dealership will be able to fix it. I hope that it's not and ongoing issue. I don't care for the gear shift being a dial; it seems awkward to me and takes some getting used to. Personally, I would have preferred the traditional knob, but with all-wheel drive, leather, Nav, UConnect, SiriusXM, heated and ventilated seating, a heated steering wheel, remote and push start, keyless entry, more than adequate storage space, rain sensing wipers, park assist, proximity sensors, a top safety rating and a suite of other benefits, this is hands-down, the best vehicle purchase I've ever made; including the older 2011 model Chrysler 200 Limited. The styling is timeless and makes for a vehicle worth holding on to beyond my 2 year average for trading in. Other quirks, aside from the gear shifter are the absence of lighting in the footwells while driving, and the missing self-diagnostics tool. The footwell is pitch black at night, and is only lit while the doors are open. Yet there's ambient lighting in the door bins and housing spaces for the door handle. The previous 200 models allowed you to run a self-check at the touch of a button, and displayed the status of each system monitored without you having to scroll through different screens on your own. In fact, I think the diagnostic info should update wirelessly and be visible via the Concierge app, the Owners website and in an email summary. This would be more congruent with all of the tech that's currently available in this year's model. I'm 6'3", and the rearview mirror seems to be and obstruction compared to my 2011 model. I think the seats may have gone lower in that model. The door frame also interferes with my line of sight, as I need to hunch down to view certain things; a house number/address for instance. It seems bulkier. Overall, this car is still a definite "GO." And spring for the fully loaded C trim. It's worth every penny! Get one and have fun!!!

Suuuper Happy

by !st time car buyer from New York City | June 5, 2015

Eddie T helped us from start to finish and he is amazing. If you ever what to buy a car please come to Bayside they will hook you up.

The longer I drive it the more I hate it

by Db from Chicago | May 4, 2015

Transmission replaced to 3600 mileshuge blind spotsometimes I feel like I'm driving a two cylinder sometime I feel like I'm driving in eight cylindershift knob is terriblevery easy to get mixed between temperature shifting volumedid I mention huge blind spot. Brought the car home and winter trying to get out of icy parking spot in the city was a nightmare if you ever need to rock yourself out of a Stocks frozen parking spot this is the wrong car

luving my new car

by vinnyjay from | April 28, 2015

The winter will be the test. I had a Mercedes and it was bad in snow. I am hoping the all wheel drive will do the job.

Love my 200C

by dhdesign from Hagerstown, MD | April 27, 2015

Traded my 2012 200 touring for my new red 200C. Did a lot of research on the car and my only complaint is a tight back seat. Went from 4 cylinder to 6. Wow what a difference in performance with out a huge difference in gas mileage during normal driving. The car has beautiful lines and looks geat from every angle. I like the sports mode using the paddle shifters. Don't understand why traction control is turned off, but a push of a button and it's back. My old 200 was totally trouble free with over 51000 miles driven on business trips. I am looking for the same results from my new one. The car is still new, so time will tell. Dealership and price was very good, making the deal easy. Only complaints to date are a radio issue that has been ordered for warranty replacement and I'm not a big fan of the tire noise on the highway. Maybe the tire brand. So far I really love and look forward driving my new car. Great job Chrysler.