2015 Chrysler 200

Starting MSRP

Overall

The longer I drive it the more I hate it

by Db from Chicago | May 4, 2015

Transmission replaced to 3600 mileshuge blind spotsometimes I feel like I'm driving a two cylinder sometime I feel like I'm driving in eight cylindershift knob is terriblevery easy to get mixed between temperature shifting volumedid I mention huge blind spot. Brought the car home and winter trying to get out of icy parking spot in the city was a nightmare if you ever need to rock yourself out of a Stocks frozen parking spot this is the wrong car

luving my new car

by vinnyjay from | April 28, 2015

The winter will be the test. I had a Mercedes and it was bad in snow. I am hoping the all wheel drive will do the job.

Love my 200C

by dhdesign from Hagerstown, MD | April 27, 2015

Traded my 2012 200 touring for my new red 200C. Did a lot of research on the car and my only complaint is a tight back seat. Went from 4 cylinder to 6. Wow what a difference in performance with out a huge difference in gas mileage during normal driving. The car has beautiful lines and looks geat from every angle. I like the sports mode using the paddle shifters. Don't understand why traction control is turned off, but a push of a button and it's back. My old 200 was totally trouble free with over 51000 miles driven on business trips. I am looking for the same results from my new one. The car is still new, so time will tell. Dealership and price was very good, making the deal easy. Only complaints to date are a radio issue that has been ordered for warranty replacement and I'm not a big fan of the tire noise on the highway. Maybe the tire brand. So far I really love and look forward driving my new car. Great job Chrysler.

Love it! What a car! -correction

by boloeng from Eastern townships, QC, Canada | April 20, 2015

Conversion error: 7.2L/100km == 33 MPG-US. My bad... not used to dealing with gallons Apparently, my correction is too short, therefore, i Will continue on explaining why i gave only 4 stars to the Interior, i found it a little bulk, not bad looking but only à little bulk. At this price it is preetty decent though. I love the type of tires chosen by FCA but this size makes it a little more expensive than other types to replace. Some people figured out that the breaks would give up very fast, i just had it inspected and eventhough we drive 50:50 city, heavy traffic: highway, everything seems normal compared to other similar cars.

Love it! What a car!

by boloeng from Eastern Townships, QC, Canada | April 20, 2015

We bought it in October 2014. I do not understand what people are complaining about. We went around all other dealerships before buying it, and if you compare what you get stock elsewhere to what this car offers, the choice becomes very obvious. It took me a day to get used to the 9-speed transmission, but now I cannot go back to 4or5+1speed-transmission. (Actually, you will never reach 9th gear in normal driving, speedometer stops at 300km/h / 180 mph, and I would believe you can reach this, never tried it though) The tigershark engine is a really good one, very reliable and in this car more than powerful enough. I also bought a Cherokee North 2014_new at the same time with the same engine, I simply love it. If required, floor the gas, you will stay on low-gear for an impressive acceleration in consideration to the mass of this very comfortable car. (try to put it in "sport" mode if available, you will feel the difference instantaneously) After a few weeks, I told myself that it would have been a good idea to buy 2x200 instead of the Cherokee, I was very impressed. More than 30,000 km / 20,000 miles on it, not a single problem, not even a burnt light bulb. Honestly, I always drove Japanese cars before, if FCA keeps going this way, I will never go back. On the road, I have no issues passing other European luxury cars, I was very surprised first. For the noise, no problem on normal throttle, it is a L4!!! If you push it, you hear it, that's a well know phenomenon. (other noises: very quiet, no issues there) Anyway, many people modify their exhaust in order to hear the engine noise. For fuel consumption, we live in a very hilly_north region and we make 7.2L/100km / 17MPG_US with a sporty driving. This is very decent compared to the lazy Japanese cars we had before. Once again, very, very, VERY impressed!

Excellent Value - The 200 has come a long way.

by charniw from Medina, OH | April 20, 2015

As a long time GM fan, I purchased a 2012 Chrysler 200, drove it for 3 years trying to decide what vehicle I really wanted. After 3 years, 80,000 miles, and some nice improvements to the 200, I once again returned to Chrysler. I like luxury, so the 200C fit the bill. 1) Probably the nicest looking and functional Instrument Cluster I have ever seen. Designed really nicely and implemented well. The blue and white color scheme is really nice. Integration with the navigation system was a nice surprise - as you approach a turn, the display will show the upcoming turn. 2) The leather bucket seats are comfortable and nice looking - improved over the 2012 model. 3) I like the Panoramic Moonroof - wind buffeting could be reduced however. 4) The bottle holders in the front door was a nice addition. 5) Controls are well laid out and aesthetically pleasing. Most of the controls are integrated into the 8.4 inch display, however redundant climate controls are nicely done. Missing are the independent heated seat controls - would be nice to have these back. Also, the light switch was moved from the steering wheel stalk to the left side of the dash - nicely placed, but I keep hitting it with my knee and changing the position. 6) Engine and the 9-speed transmission seem smoother than the 2012. 7) Steering wheel has a nice feel and controls are well laid out. Switches appear to be of higher quality. 8) Homelink is still on the visor - I think this should be moved to the more standard rear view mirrow. When the visor is flipped down, you cant see the buttons. 9) Dial shift control - some people don't like it, personally I do. I only took a few days to adjust to the new type of control. 10) The 8.4" touchscreen display if very nice, well integrated. Chrysler's uConnect is one of the best systems in vehicles today. The bluetooth integration just works. I would like to see a higher quality touchscreen put on the unit however. Yelp is a nice addition - you can actually find things now via voice command. 11) Center console - they tried some innovative things with allowing the cup holders to slide under the armrest - I don't like it. You can't slide it back if you have anything in the center console, and I miss the small upper section they got rid of. I want to see the dual lid come back. Overall I really like this vehicle. You can find another vehicle equipped so well for the same price. The vehicle has a nice quiet ride, looks nice, and gets decent gas mileage. Excellent Value! nice job Chrysler.

Nothing else comes close in this proce range

by Shockracer from Brighton, CO | April 14, 2015

My 200S AWD is great! There are ones on here that are easley confused with knobs (probably the same ones that need warning labels on coffee) but if you get to know your vehicle you know where everything is at without looking. The 200S with the Pentastar V6 has power! I was able to get 31MPG on a 745 mile round trip with vary spirited driving in the Rocky mountains (northeastern Colorado to Durango Colorado). I preferred the Loaded 200S because I want the stiffer "S"port ride and paddle shifters. Out of the other vehicles we test drove, the 200 with similar options stood out from the others. The 8.4" UConnect touchscreen is by far the best to use then any others out there in this class, also the biggest. The only option they don't offer and should is heated rear seats and a little wider tires as the equipped tires seem to be a little less wider than the 19" wheels. Safety, I was even more satisfied when seeing the crash ratings compared to others, the feeling of my family being safe in any type of crash makes me rest easy when they're out and about. There were some minor issues at first with the 9 speed auto which was do to programming, it's an industry first in this class there will be bugs. The newest update has made it a great transmission. Hoping for many years of enjoyment from this Vehicle!

sad for chrysler :)

by fan111 from rockland, ny | March 31, 2015

i was pretty excited at first, i mean an american car like this is very cool, until the second day i owned it... im 5'11 getting in the car for me is very hard even tough im waist size 30... the windows are low, and cramped. the interior quality at first looks good but after sitting 30min you think the plastics around will brake. also really cheap fabric seats. this shifter or whatever its called is very not practical, since the volume and the fan button are almost the same size it can be very confusing not to turn the shift instead of the fan... driving this car local is bad since this 9 speed transmission keeps jumping up and down gears. driving over 60 mph makes the car extremely shaky. oh and i only get an average of 20 mpg... my v6 camry gives me more for my money. so please my friends stay away from this car!!

Owner 200C AWD and Love It.

by The Car Guy from Louisville, Ky | March 18, 2015

While I can understand many of the negative comments made in some of the other reviews. I will stand on my own and review my 200C AWD I have owned for nearly 3 months now. I purchased mine technically new, but it was a demo with about 4200 miles already on it. Going from a 2013 Hyundai Elantra to this car was a jump in many ways including price, curb weight, engine size and HP, FWD to AWD and overall performance. At first I was worried the weight of this car would be hard to get under control, but as I have spent more and more time behind the wheel driving to and from work on back country, curvy and very hilly roads I have learned to keep it between the lines while not slowing down. The AWD helps a lot in that regard. The snow we had here in the Louisville KY area in Feb and March put this beast to the test in the snow (nearly 2 feet March 5th) and it performed nearly flawlessly. I have driven in all sorts of weather, and being from Michigan and having lived in all sorts of climates snow doesn't keep me from pushing a car. Even in the few times my 200C tried to slip away, I was able to reel it back by backing off the throttle, stearing into the skid and then skillfully using the throttle to pull it back in line. The car has no problems when it comes to passing, the engine pulls and will rocket this heavy sled to well into the triple digits speed wise before you know it on the interstate. At 55 you can use a well controlled throttle to pass slowly or spend a bit more fuel to get the manuever done in a hurry. From a stop, if needed the car will get up to 60 or 70 MPH quickly. At normal throttle there is a longer time spent in 2nd gear than needed and then a bit of a pull when it shifts into 3rd. That should be fixed with an update to the electronic transmission. Also I do wonder why the set the 9th gear to not automatically kick in until 72 MPH and only on flat suface or down hill. If there is even a slight incline the car will downshift to 8th or 7th. You can use the paddles to shift into 9th gear at 62 MPH but again it has to be on a flat surface or downhill. The interior is nice and well appointed, although I do have a few complaints. I don't like the Cruise control buttons, where they are located and the fact they are hard to differentiate. What I don't like even more is when you turn the cruise control on, the dash lets you know by removing the Digital Speedometer display for about 5 seconds and replacing it with the message that the cruise control is ready. A simple icon would suffice as with most other cars. Also, and I don't know if this is just my car or if this is a "bug" with many of the 200's but on occasion when I get into my car to drive at night for some reason my lights are turned off. The dial has moved from the "Auto" Position to the "Off" position. I NEVER turn that dial off. I prefer Automatic headlights and if it were up to me that dial wouldn't even be there. The lights would just be set to Auto period. The seats aren't too bad though they could use better lumbar support. The stereo is very nice with the 10 speakers and I believe 500 watts of power. Sounds very nice. The trunk is ok, but my 2011 Hyundai Sonata had a larger one. I now have over 10,000 miles on my car and I am happy with it overall. This makes my 4th new car purchase since 2010 and barring any unforseen problem with it or God forbid a wreck, I will be keeping it for many years.

Not bad but not great either

by First "Family" Car from Washington, DC | February 26, 2015

My 200S awd review after 4000 miles. In a nutshell: It's a 3-star car with 5-star amenities and price. If you can deal with the transmission (I drive almost all highway but if you drive a lot of stop-and-go, avoid this car at all costs) and are fine with mediocre mileage (with the Pentastar), I recommend it. The Bad: 1) Interior: cramped rear seats if you're taller than 5'10". I don't mind the coupe styling (all my previous cars were 2 doors) but I can see why people used to sedans won't like the thick A-pillars and low windshield. Some interior plastics are easy to scratch/get dirty (check out the door panels). I have a couple trim pieces that are coming apart which the dealer claimed is "normal" so durability is suspect. 2) Exterior: I got the Premium lighting package and while the LED DRLs look great, the HID bulbs leave a lot to be desired. I've had halogen projectors that light up better! 3) Performance: Transmission is truly awful. I've seen 9th gear maybe twice, so what's the point? Passing on the highway is a split personality: either you snooze along at Prius-like speeds or the tranny kicks down 1, 2, 3 gears, then hold on for dear life as you rocket to "go directly to jail" speeds. Fuel economy is a little disappointing too; while it matches EPA combined, this is my first car that doesn't get closer to EPA highway (e.g., I averaged 20.5 mpg in a Wrangler, 25 mpg in a Golf R, 24 mpg in a 300ZX, etc.). The Good: 1) Interior: looks fantastic and has a TON of storage space. UConnect is easy to use and the 8.4" screen is the best use of a vehicle touchscreen I've seen. Seats are comfortable but the lumbar support could use some work. 2) Exterior: I like the looks but I can see why some people say it looks generic (esp up front). The LED taillights look great at night and I've had lots of coworkers compliment me. 3) Performance: quick for a family sedan (but not as quick as fwd Accord and Camry V6). Handles well for what it is.