2013 Chrysler 300

2013 Chrysler 300
Available in 6 styles:  2013 Chrysler 300 4dr AWD Sedan shown
Starting MSRP

Overall

No matter how much power, still garbage.

by Marclar from california | September 5, 2014

I had the luck of getting the base 2013 version as a rental and then I also drove the SRT version, courtesy of a colleague. Here is my honest, non biased review of this car. Since the SRT is the flagship of the line, I will focus on it. Just like with any car, engine alone will not save the day....and even in this case the power does NOT make a great engine. Let's start with the steering. I had always found Chrysler steering too soft and rather inconsistent. It is no better then its predecessors. It is still hydraulic , but feels totally decoupled from the road with no feedback whatsoever. There is no way to feel the car with steering like this. The car has a 'Track' mode for performance oriented driving, but I cannot imagine hitting the track when you have no good feel of the steering angle. The throttle response is the next issue - performance driving or not, there is no smooth nor consistently progressive line of rpm control with that sloppy pedal. When cruising in traffic or driving at any consistent speed, the pedal and the engine rpm's feel floaty and far from solid which keeps you looking for that stable spot that you can never find. The build quality feels cheap the second you get inside and starts to get worse once you touch the wheel for the first time. That second it sends that 'oh no' feeling about the whole car. The exterior is bulky, hearse like from the rear. The looks will not even make you look more attractive to your sister, which this car is supposed to accomplish. The verdict is simple: simply garbage, nothing more and nothing less. If I were offered this car brand new to drive for free without the ability to sell it, I would politely decline.

UdontConnect

by Phil E from PA | July 16, 2014

The Uconnect system has connectivity issues. Forums are loaded with frustrated users where the phones will not pair, pair then unpair, take up to 8 minutes to dial a call and pray it connects before the screen tells you "no phone connected" when you know you just got done taking 5 minutes of your life to pair the phone. My phone is compatable according to their site so something with the sofware is no happening. Had I known about this I would not have bought the car. Other than that small items with the interior fit of some dashboard trim could be better. The ride is very good, noise leve is low, MPG is better than expected. Just dont expect to use your phone in this car. This is why I wont reccommend this car.

Great ride

by Top292 from New Jersey | April 29, 2014

This is the third Chrysler vehicle I've owned in the ladt 10yrs, but the 300 is the most luxurious. The ride is smooth and the sound system is fantastic, and the ride is first class.

A Lot of Car, For Not Much Money

by Mopar Dude from Georgetown, KY | April 18, 2014

We have owned this car for about 6 months now. This is the second 300 we have owned, and as much as we liked the previous generation car, this one has it beat, hands down. We were able to get one heck of a deal, as it was the last new 2013 left on the lot. It has so many excellent appointments; key-less entry, proximity key-less start, remote start, navigation, backup camera, very comfortable leather heated 8-way power seats with superior lumbar support, lots of leg room for me (I'm 6'4"), ample back seat with ample leg room. The electronics in the entertainment & control center could be a little easier to navigate through, but it's not that much of a learning curve. The touchscreen is large and easy to read. The performance from the V-6 is strong, with more power and torque than a lot of V-8 cars I have owned in the past. MPG with the V-6 & 8 speed transmission is rated at 31 mpg, but I regularly average 32+ on the interstate. Truly incredible for a car this large and this heavy. The styling is very nice, with a noticeable influence from both Bentley and German styling. Ride comfort is very smooth and the cabin is very quiet. Overall, this is a very nice American luxury car, and a very nicely equipped car that can be had for around $35k. I would definitely recommend it as a Best Buy.

Good bank for your buck

by Mopar fan from Plainfield, Il | March 16, 2014

I've had several cars and most recently I had the 2013 Volkswagen CC. Overall it was a nice car with the best customer service I've experienced. Unfortunately the car was too small for me, you felt every bump in the car and we had some rattling issues. It was time for a bigger car with a smoother ride. I believe the 300 was the one for me. So far I'm loving every second spent in the car. A few complaints I have so far the base stereo is very disappointing. Although it's a nice looking car, I couldn't go a day or two without someone complimenting the CC. I only hope the customer service is close to as good as the VW dealer was, I also have a 2010 Challenger RT and the service at the dealer I was going to for that pretty much disappointed me every time. If this new dealer comes through with some stellar service then this latest purchase was a home run

The Great and the Bad aspects of this Beast.

by SRT8 FAN from LA, CA | February 26, 2014

I was looking for a luxury performance car between 40-55k. The exterior design is what first caught my attention. It was gorgeous yet still classy. The SRT8 engine is like nothing i've ever driven. 0-60mph in 4.6 seconds and and you can literally fly to 100 if you're not paying attention. I've had this car for 2 years and people still come up to me and ask about it. its a chrysler. go figure right? Inside, you feel like you are in a luxurious office of a rich businessman. the trim, the leather and the dash are stunning. Now that I've told you all the good (actually great), here's the bad. SERVICE. I've tried 4 different dealers in the L.A. area and each is more unprofessional and incompetent then the last. I had a problem with the car's lights and the first dealer rep actually asked me if he could take the car home for the weekend so that he could "test" the lights. So here's the dilemma, you pay 50k for a luxury car that is heavenly but once every 3 months you have to take it to Service reps that probable would not get hired at jiffy lube. Over all. I am ecstatic about the car. one other huge negative is the MPG (i average 16 mph) but what do you expect with a 5.4 liter 470 horsepower engine. Hope this helps.

Presidential ride

by The ghost from Houston, TX | January 21, 2014

Very smooth ride . I've had my 300 for a month now . It's great on gas , interior fabulous . Seat warmers , navigation, voice command . Gives me different feeling about myself when I get in the car. The front lights as well I love this car and would tell anyone to get it . Great job on this model of the 300

Comfortable ride

by Ghost from Towson, MD | October 26, 2013

When asked by the salesman if i wanted to test drive the vehcle before buying it i said it porbably rides like my 2005 300. Boy was I wrong. The 2013 300 rode 10 times better than my old one . Handling was great the ride was xtra smooth ,what a nice driving vehicle.

LOVE THIS CAR !!!

by Grandma with pizazz from Eugene, OR | September 8, 2013

This car is absolutely a dream to drive. It seems to float almost the ride is so smooth. Family members that have driven the car have said the same thing. Yet, on the other hand it has a lot of zip and power to get up and go, it is NOT just a cruiser. I bought the 300S model because I wanted the navigation system and some other bells and whistles, so glad I did !!! The navigation system is AWESOME. Even the teenage grandchildren are impressed. The navigation system covers tons of features that are very easy to use and helpful. The sound system is beat by Dre and is really wonderful, very good quality. The double sunroof is a must since the interior of the car is lower than some and it can be dark inside, but the sunroofs really help letting in light. They really put a lot of USEFUL technology in this car, not just showy things. They made driving so much easier and pleasurable again. I feel I got it for a fair price, but I really went more with the dealer/salesperson that made more of a difference for me. Most of the other salespeople I had dealt with when searching for a car, were unbearable really !! Love, love, love this car !! Test drive one, you will see what I mean.

Great Car

by Low Key Rider from Hollywood | September 4, 2013

I purchase the 300S about 4 months ago and it has been great so far. The car ride is so quiet it does a great job blocking the outside noise. The S-type does come with the beats by dre audio system which definitely increases the sound quality when playing my favorite tunes. The gas mileage seems to be good but since I was driving a truck for the past decade its really hard to compare the difference in MPG between similar cars its size. I'm still happy to not have to fill up as often or for as much. The interior doors and middle console area feels a little cheap but nothing that will make me want to give the car back. I researched and drove a few different luxury cars before deciding on this car. The final decision came down to me wanted to have a brand new car over a slight used luxury car and I must say that I'm happy with my choice!