2006 Chrysler 300C

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Owner Review 2006 Chrysler RWD 300C HEMI 5.7L V8

by Blrina300c from Chambersburg, PA | February 23, 2014

Like many other 300c Chrysler Owners, having a Rear Wheel Drive train, I learned the car does not safely operate on snowy highways or snowy roads, even with all weather tires. Consumers mentioned snow tires work well, but that would have been additionally expensive and a hassel to install, then remove them. It turns out, having a Rear Wheel Drive 300C with all weather tires is no big deal now, for I eventually realized, after highways and roads are plowed, the vehicle will drive safely without a problem. I did learn to be vigilant about any upcomming arriving snow so I would not be caught in snow on the roads and highways. Many consumers don't like the idea they have to bend their head at traffic lights. The windshield of the car is designed to allow for fast performance at how the air hits the car, and most times at stoplights, I don't bend my head to see the stoplight. Usually, most times, another driver is beside me at stop lights, and I wait for them to go on the green light, and then I go. I appreciate the windshield design because it helps block out harmful rays of the sun, and if I forget my sunglasses, it is a big help. I enjoy the roomy interior, the smooth ride on the highway (like you're flying), the quiet ride, and the features of hands-free integrated phone, the rear DVD player, the reliable NAV system, and the Boston Premium Sound System that comes from its 6 speakers. This car still performs fast like it did when I bought it new in 2006, and can get to 60 mph in about a second or two. That really helps out when you need to get past another driver who might hit you, and you need to get out of the way quick. Like all vehicles, they need to be maintained, so that I'm learning too.

Great!!

by SPE from UK | February 13, 2014

Recently owned a C180 BE, 2010.... nothing but trouble from the start, fuel urban was 19.7 and highway 31.3! had to get rid! bought a 300C 2012, seen a huge incline in both urban and highway, with a incline from 19.7 to 27!!! and 31.3 to around 40! so pleased and glad i took the step to such an outstanding car! well done Chrysler!

The Exception

by Cecy from El Paso, TX | September 23, 2013

It is so sad to see all the positive reviews from everyone. Unfortunately we have not had the same luck with our car as all of you have had. I always thought my husband would look good in one of these cars, he is tall business man, so the opportunity presented itself that a customer was selling her car. After 18 months of trying to get the title, the car began acting up, it stalls, or won't start up right away. We have taken it to 2 local mechanics and 2 dealerships in town and no one can tell us what is wrong with it. The computer cannot read the problem, just says "communication error" and they don't know what else to do. We really like the car, but my poor husband is on his last nerve, with this unexplainable problem. Is our car the Exception?

Sports car in luxury car clothing

by SuperGrover from missouri | July 31, 2013

This car is great! I just bought my used 2006 300c with 48k on it. This car has plenty of room for our new baby, comfortable on long trips and decent gas mileage. And when the family isn't with me it has more power than you need. Yea a 2 door mustang or gto might be faster, but I've got 4 doors, plenty of storage and lower insurance rates. I recommend this car to anyone looking for the power they want but the comfort they need. I've got a nice ram air intake and a full silver line exhaust and it sounds great!! Well worth the money

300c srt8

by 06 300c srt8 from Chicago,il | July 9, 2013

Love my 2006 300c srt8 with 10,000 miles Joe Machen had the car for a fair price. I made the drive from Chicago to pick up the car an could not be happier. The car was in perfect condition an the sales team was great as well thanks to cars.com the made my buying experience very easy

High Mileage Review

by Skip from Walnut Creek, CA | December 28, 2012

I purchased my Chrysler with 26,000 miles on it. I had a problem with the dash lights that was fixed under warranty. I drove the car with only normal maintenance until it hit 105,000 miles. I then had an issue with the sunroof which was a software problem. I drove the car an additional 40,000 miles and had a hose come loose. So with over 150,000 miles on it the car runs well, is realatively squeek free. The sunroof has a little excess wind noise but the car runs very well, handles great, gives me good gas mileage (between 20-21 mpg) on a 45 mile commute. I looked at a new one but think the 2006 model has a better build quality and more luxury. With back up sensors, rain sensing wipers, a steering wheel that moves out of your way, 2 presets for the mirrors and seats, it is a great car. I plan to drive this car to 300,000 miles based on what I have seen so far. I think it will go farther.

great car

by jaaws1234 from | November 26, 2012

this service was great gave me everything i was looking for great car great service price was was what i was looking for

American Luxury With Muscle

by BorgBiker from Burbank CA | September 12, 2012

Nutshell version: If you want a car that stands out from the sea of Mercedes and BMW's but still looks in that vein, or if you just want a luxury musclecar that is well engineered at a great value, the Chrysler 300C SRT8 is our car! The 300C was announced in 2004 with much fanfare and applause. The car debuted in 2005 with the most awards of any new car. With a German engineered chassis, original styling and a good old fashioned American V8, it was everything I wanted in a family sedan. That is, until the 300C SRT8 came out shortly later. With a stiffer suspension, Brembo brakes, and a bigger 6.1 L V8 hot-rodded to 425 Hp, the SRT8 version promised to be a 4 door sports car. It has delivered and then some. It's not the fastest, or the most luxurious car you can buy, but it was the quickest, fastest luxury sedan you could buy for under $50,000. It wasn't considered cheap unless you saw what you had to pay for a similar features and performance in another car - the SRT was an easy $10,000 less expensive. The seats are all-day comfortable, the steering is tight and responsive (if not very communicative), the brakes have incredible stopping ability, the exterior appearance is sharp and understated while still hinting at the potential lurking within. The interior is pleasant and has plenty of features, although if you compare to a more expensive European rival, it will seem a little sparse and maybe a bit cheaper in appearance due to the gratuitous use of plastic. However, without the direct comparison, the cabin is a nice place to spend time. The stereo sounds great, and remains distortion free regardless of the volume. The only real downside is fuel economy. Anyone who requires great fuel economy should look elsewhere... frugality is not this car's purpose. The car's computer has shown as high as 22.4 mpg on the highway, while driving at typical freeway speeds with little throttle application. The observed low was 12.1 mpg - done in town on short trips while keeping my foot in the throttle as long as conditions allowed. If you can live with those numbers... an SRT8 might be for you. What I love most about the 300C SRT8 is that I really have two cars - a buttoned-up luxury sedan that turns into a sports car when you ask it to. The 6.1 Liter V8 produces 425 Hp and 420 lb/ft of torque - it's easy to forget how heavy this car is when on the gas! Luckily the Brembo brake calipers grab 14.7 inch rotors to slow the beast down with a tremendous force. 0-60 ranges from 4.5 seconds to 5.1 seconds depending on circumstances, and 60-0 can be done in as little as 110 feet - this from a 4200+ lb car! Highway cruising is less than effortless, it's very easy to cruise up over 100mph if your steering wheel is adjusted to block the top of your speedometer. I learned the hard way, but fortunately no law officers witness this flagrant violation. Deceptive speed, thy name is SRT8! Performance figures put it on par with the last-gen C5 Corvette, and equal to or ahead of it's 2012 rivals. The new Infiniti M56 is -on paper at least- a match for the 1st Gen SRT8, but at over twice the price. If you feel like swinging that level of payment, the 2012 300C SRT8 has been refined with a better interior, more power and better efficiency - some report over 27 mpg highway! The 300C SRT8 was redesigned for 2012, featuring redesigned exterior and interior styling, improved fuel efficiency and power, and an increased price topping over $50,000 The 1st generation was produced in limited numbers from 2005-2010, with a base price starting at just over $48,000. 2005 cars seem to be ma bit more expensive due the extra low production volume of this year, with 2006 models being slightly more affordable in spite of added features such as Bluetooth phone connection and the rear DVD player. 1st generation colors were initially Silver, gray and black, with Red being added in 2007. A green was extremely rare in 2008. I found my 2006 SRT8 at a dealer through Car.com. They wanted about $3000 too much for the car, and after several offers and counter offers, I had to walk away. A month later I saw it was still available, and for $1000 less than my best offer. I went back and made the deal. It was worth the wait, and worth every penny and more.

The right car at the right time!

by Happy College Student from Indianapolis, Indiana | August 2, 2012

After driving this car we were veryn pleased with our decision. Handles great, looks awesome, solid, sharp and sporty. The navigation system is an added bonus. Heated seats will be nice this winter. Nice Nice vehicle!!!

What a car!

by HemiGirl from Los Angeles, CA | April 7, 2012

I've owned and driven many cars in my lifetime, but this is by far my favorite! After test driving one, I knew this was the car I wanted, but after owning it I am even more impressed. The engineering and overall quality is so top notch that it's actually surprising, especially considering the price. On one hand, it is quiet and comfortable with an outstanding sound system so it feels like riding in a high end luxury car... until you step on the gas pedal! This car can MOVE!!!! I don't know about the touring model, but the Hemi C makes this an exciting ride! So much so, in fact, that my fiance has been a Mercedes & BMW fan for years, but is now considering getting the Chrysler 300 SRT8 instead. We both highly recommend this vehicle for anyone who's looking for style, comfort, speed and great value.