2002 Chrysler 300M

2002 Chrysler 300M

Available in 2 styles:  2002 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan shown

18 city / 26 hwy

Overall

Mama made an ECELLENT choice!

by DatGirl from Loyisiana | May 25, 2013

This car was bought brand new off the lot. I advised against the car originally I wanted my mother in a little bigger behicle. She died in 2006 and Im an only child so the car went to me. This car has NEVER been in the shop, great car, sporty I love the look of the car. Chrysler made a fine vehicle when they put these out! Of course this car has been well taken car of too oil changed regular, tires rotated, tune ups and garage kept. I would definately recommend this car!

2002 300M nice ride

by Sedan Fan from Toledo, OH | December 7, 2012

2002 Chrysler 300M driven for six years. Minor transmission problem otherwise only brakes & tires replaced. Overall mileage 20.5 mpg up to 28 mpg highway. Comfortable ride, decent handling, many features that worked until traded in. Surprisingly good trade in amount. Still good car at over ten years old and 130,000 miles.

Favorite Car... Chrysler 300M

by Top_Redhead from Chattanooga, TN | May 26, 2011

I bought this car with 25K miles on it in 2004. Last year I had 225K miles. Just got the engine rebuilt on it and plan on keeping it for another 200K miles. People, this is a sharp car. It gives me a feeling of being pampered when I ride in it and has been so much fun to drive. You can buy such luxury for the money today.

300M Special

by Procharged5.0 from Chicago, IL | February 22, 2011

Unbeatable performance and value in a full sized car. The 300M Special offers BMW-like appearance, handling, acceleration, braking, and accomodations at an affordable pricepoint and with very reasonable maintenance costs (unlike the BMW). Only downside to the 300M Special would be the lowered ride hight (watch out for parking blocks!) and the cost of P245/45/ZR18 replacement tires. Otherwise I highly recommend the car. This is the second one I've owned and I highly recommend it.

Most comfortable car !!!

by Hunter of Great value. from Las Vegas, NV | March 31, 2009

The most comfortable car ever. The moment I sat in this car I knew it was the one, fits like a glove. Soft for comfort but firm to look at. The luxury features is impressive. Woodgrain interior even on the steering wheel. Spare tire is not a space saver but a regular size. The sunroof gives that convertible feel. This winter with 30 degree frost, brrrr, it was soooo nice to have both front heated seats available. Getting in and out of the car is a chore and with the automatic ajustment, it makes it soooo easy to get in and out. It is always nice to have 4 doors too. The roominess, ride and luxury of this car is like a Cadillac without the high price. Mileage is also great for this luxury car. Also, the sporty look is unbeatable. If you are looking for luxury and dependability, than this is the car.

Overall really nice car!

by Barbara from Northern, VA | August 5, 2008

It is a bit noisy for a luxury car. But it is really comfortable and has a great premium sound system! I bought it used and needed to replace the tires right away, and change the transmission fluid. But that's not the car's fault that's the cheap dealership. I love this car!

@))@ CHRYSLER 300M SPECIAL

by WILLYT from Indianapolis, Indiana | October 13, 2006

Very Comfortable ride not like a Voltzwagon, Honda or Toycar. The interior space is large to the sides and back, not uselessly above ones head as as in a Honda. Tell the boys that write the magazines my 300M averages 25 MPG, city and highway. To ride in comfort and style is more than worth the 8 more mpg an import may give. For 3 gallons of gas more per 200 miles, or $9 per week, at $3 per gal a person or family can ride in a roomy car that has the lines of a beautiful woman not a box.

Roomy and Sporty

by Happy from Boston, MA | August 15, 2006

I bought this car new mainly because of the sporty looks, especially the wheels. The sport suspension and tires causes some road noise, but otherwise a very comfortable ride. The stock audio features are excellent; in fact this is the first car that I have never upgraded the stereo.

Not what I expected.

by Anon from Santa Cruz, CA | May 26, 2006

When I got into the 2002 Chrysler 300M, I expected just another V6 luxury sedan. I was impressed with the amount of comfort and convenience features. When I leaned on the gas peddle, it screamed out ahead of the traffic. The glowing gauges at night were very soothing on long night drives. There was a small amount of road noise, but nothing the unexpectedly awesome stereo couldn't drown out. I had never been behind 250 horses before, but I've always been a fan of V8 torque, bashing V6's left and right. However, the V6 in this beast could easily outperform any BMW 3 or 5 series 2.5L straight 6's. The leather was soft and heated quickly in the cold with the standard heated seats. Furthermore, the driver's seat automatically scooted back a few inches to let me out of the car when I removed the key. I found that particularly awesome, even though it scared me the first time around. All in all, I'd drive this over any overpriced European model of similar features and standards any day.

Worst Car I've Ever Ownded

by uwf1983 from Fort Worth, TX | May 23, 2006

My 2002 Chrysler 300M Special is the worst car I have ever owned. It is currently in the shop for the 5th time in 4 weeks. I usually have to take my car in multiple times for each problem before it is resolved. Here is a history of the problems I have experienced with this car: 09/04/02: Rubbing noise on front tire (Clips missing on front wheel well) 06/30/03: Pulsating when applying brake (rotor & pads) 07/29/03: Pulsating when applying brake (rotors) 08/05/03: Noise in front end on corners (bearings) 08/20/03: A/C switches from auto to manual; interior lights flicker 09/02/03: Pulsating when applying brakes (pads) 09/29/03: Pulsating when applying brakes (pads) 10/21/03: Pulsating when applying brakes (rotors & pads) 09/21/04: Broken strut 12/21/04: Rocker arm, valve replacement 11/30/05: Transmission problem (valvebody); A/C problem (actuator) 12/14/05: Took back after picking up as no air will come out of the A/C 12/19/05: Took back as ashtray will no longer open since dealer took dash apart 04/21/06: A/C not cooling; interior lights flashing 05/04/06: A/C not cooling 05/12/06: Cruise control stopped working (brake switch) 05/15/06: transmissing "clunking" when coming to a stop 5/22/06 -????: Check engine light on; tranmission still "clunking" This car has been in the shop 18 times in less than 4 years! Often for recurring problems (pulsation in front end, transmission issues, flickering interior lights, A/C not getting cold) and/or for items that should not be happend with the low amount of miles (rocker arms at 36,318 miles, tranmission problems at 48,000 miles). I have 2 regrets: 1) that I ever bought a 300M Special and 2) that I didn't contact the state of Texas and claim this car as the LEMON it is when I kept having the same front end problem in the first year I owned the car. I can not in good conscience recommend this car.

Featured Services for this Chrysler 300M