2005 Chrysler Crossfire

17 city / 24–25 hwy

Overall

A Toy I Enjoy Every Day

by Old MG Buff from Aurora, Colorado | May 1, 2014

The Crossfire was always on my "bucket list" along with the Boxster. After researching the early Boxster's engine problems the Crossfire came out as number one choice. My previous 'bucket list" car was an MG TD, since I had one when I was a kid in the late 1950s. Bought another one six years ago and enjoyed it but only drove it a few days a year (Colorado). I sold it and bought the 2005 Crossfire the end of December 2013. Love the car. And now I have a toy I can enjoy every day. Only issue so far is the headlights. Internet research showed a potential problem and mine had it when I bought it (test drove in the day time so didn't know about it). A costly replacement of the driver's side module. The car had just under 50K miles and is immaculate. Looks like a new car. Can't wait to take it to a car show.

Absolute Best Car

by Sports Car Girl from Westmer, MD | November 24, 2013

I bought my 2nd 2005Chrysler Crossfire convertible used and it's a classy fun car to drive . Both are roadster models. I love the way the tops operate - clean and neat. Gas milage is good and the car handles beautifully, hugs the road. It's a tough, sound little car and is a wonderful value - I paid 16,900 for the first one and 12,500 for the 2nd one - both very low mileage. The first one is liquid silver and the other whitie with black top...just can't say enough about them!

very classy car

by frosty the crossfire from stockbridge, ga | September 3, 2013

I just got my 2005 crossfire and I really love this car, I am a 350z previous owner the cars perform almost identical. the crossfire rides like a Mercedes due to the mixed heritage between Chrysler and Mercedes.

fun in the sun

by ispy51 from Philadelphia,PA | March 19, 2013

"A fun good looking car with great accelleration and good gas milage. Seats are very comfortable, I wish it had a little more leg room and a usable cup holder. Otherwise I love the car.

FAST FUN CAR

by KEVINZ07 from hamilton n.j. | February 2, 2013

I bought the SRT-6 used it's a fun car to drive . I have the roadster model the top is fast and neat ,there is still enough room in trunk for weeekend bagage for two with the top down . Gas mileage is pretty good if you can keep your foot from flooring it (hard to do because fun factor ) car is great value used because new sticker price was 52,500.00 .Got mine for under 10,000.00 So for car runs great !

Fun car

by Jay from Highlands, NJ | January 17, 2013

A fun good looking car with great accelleration and good gas milage. Seats are very comfortable, I wish it had a little more leg room and a usable cup holder. Otherwise we like the car. I give it a 9 overall

bought it new...the best car

by catiz from raleigh,nc | December 15, 2012

I just love my Crossfire...mersedes all the way....best sports car...wish they were still making them...a classic

little car, big power!

by mySRTFury from Denver | October 20, 2012

Probably the best car I have ever owned, better than a mustang, vette or eclipse which I have also owned. Exceleration is incredible (str6) and will leave you with a HUGE grin. Very reliable the only thing that is not outstanding is the cupholder. Some one's idea of a retro joke? Not funny. Great Car!

sharp car

by tollie from manitowoc wisconsin | October 4, 2012

i bought a 2005 crossfire about 5 months ago. great car and fun to drive. good gas milege. the dash in this car was kinda bland, so i purchased an wood dash kit for the car, everyone who seen it loved the way itl looked, otherwise i would have to say this car has great styling, gets looks almost everywhere i go with it

Crossfire SRT-6 a Collectable

by Bogart78 from Detroit | September 1, 2012

I also own a 2005 Crossfire convertible, Limited and was so impressed with it I wanted to own the supercharged version i.e. the SRT-6. Upside with the SRT-6 is of course the acceleration. With SRT-6 you are going from 215 HP to 330 HP. Downside, is a much stiffer ride when compared to the normally aspirated convertible. Upside only about 2,900 SRT-6's were produced during 2005-2006. Has an AMG engine hand built in Germany along with the rest of the vehicle. Downside, with coupe is the restricted view to the rear, but that is where most of your competition will be. Upside, in my opinion, is it's classical exterior lines. I have been the recipient of many compliments and questions regarding both vehicles. Will it become a collectable is anyone's guess.