2000 Chrysler Grand Voyager

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Chrysler Grand Voyager 12 yrs later

by lulu from Keizer, Or | April 2, 2012

It is 12 years old, but the hub caps fall off, there is a leak that doesn't stay fixed, the seat is broken, and they placed the backseat cup holders in a bad place and they were broken.

nice riding car on long trips.

by kingvette from Pottstown Pa. | April 25, 2010

I bought the car used with 86,000 on it, it runs like it was new. I have no regrets, it,s a very well thought out mini van, great for the family. I like the style of the 2000 mini van better than the new one, just change oil every 3 thousand miles and your good to go it,s solid and tight for being ten years old, it drives like it,s new, the 3.3 v6 has plenty of power, and not bad on gas, I get 18 in the city and 25 on the highway. Best American made mini van, by far.

This vehicle meets my needs nicely

by Tom The old wrench bender from Derry New Hampshire | October 3, 2008

I got this van in the spring of 08 from my sister. I am the 2nd owner. It has about 80K miles with very little having to be dune to it other than regular maintainance, and a leaky rear break cylinder. I use it to haul around my radio control model airplanes and equipment to the flyng field. I like the overhead computer read out for the MPG. I get 18 mpg local driving, and 23+ mpg highway, in climate controled comfort.

Service is becoming a nightmare

by Family Guy from Newberg, OR | January 25, 2007

We really do enjoy our Chrysler Grand Voyager minivan. It has been a solid and comfortable ride for the last 5 years now. It is quiet and and has a solid and smooth feel on the road. Our biggest gripe is the service on the vehicle. Chrysler/Dodge has some work to do in the design of the Serpentine belt as far as we can tell. It has just been a nightmare. We have had it replaced about 5 times now (in under 80K miles)...fortunately 3 of the 5 times were warranty replacements. Apparently the tensioner of the belt is very cheaply made (mostly of plastic) and it either breaks or wears out very easily causing the belt to frequently wear prematurely and get cut or break. We just had the belt replaced for the 2nd time in May '06 under warranty for replacement done previously in Dec. '05. We just had the oil changed at the dealership (Jan. '07) and they actually recommended the belt be replaced again. I am pretty much to the point that I will not buy a Chrysler/Dodge minivan again in the future because the service costs are pretty high. Each time the belt is replaced it's a minimum $200 bite. Maybe our problem is that we take our vehicle to the dealership, but we took it to a different dealer than the one we normally go to near our home for service at 60K miles. For what appeared to be a regular tune up according to the maintenance schedule it ended up costing over $1,200. Maybe I am naive, old fashioned or just cheap but in my mind this is overpriced. Especially considering the other dealer that just changed the oil said that some of the parts that should have been replaced with the 60K mile tune-up were still their original and had not been replaced. Anyway, I am getting tired of the gouging. I think my replacement vehicle will be a Toyota because I bought a vehicle from a local dealership where the maintenance is very reasonably priced (like $300 for a 60K mile service). Other than the service issues our van has been good to our family.

Featured Services for this Chrysler Grand Voyager