2002 Chrysler Prowler

See Photos & Videos

Overall

A car like no other...

by EdsCat from Jacksonville, FL | September 22, 2013

I have owned a 1999 Black Prowler for 13 years. I now have a 5.0L V-6 Stroker in it. The stock car had a lot of pep - not a race car - it was meant to be a cruiser. It is the ultimate eye-catcher, and don't buy one if you don't feel like talking to people. At almost every stop you will have someone come over to talk about the car. 99% very positive. Some will ask you to take a picture of them & the car. I'm 6'1" tall, and weigh about 212. The car fits me like a glove. Not a lot of room, but just the right amount. It is what it is - a unique sports car. I drive for hours in it at a time on trips, and it is extremely comfortable - for me. To each his own. I'll have mine 'til I die... I like the ride. I have 149,000 on mine now.

Awesome Retro Collectible

by Insbro from West Islip, NY | June 5, 2013

If you like the look of a retro hot rod with updated technology, this is the car to take out on those Sunday drives or show off to your friends. Considering Chrysler only made about 11,000 of these cats, eventually this model has only one way to go. My only two complaints are the size of the trunk which is too small for a set of golf clubs and poor viability with the top up. The is responsive but a bit stiff.

Nice date until you meet the parents !

by Long time driver from North west NJ | April 23, 2012

Really psyched on buying one of these, until I drove it. You sit in a tub, at 6' tall your hitting the top, impossible to get in/out unless you are flexible. Door only opens part way. No shoulder room or place to put your hands. Can't put your hands out the window (too low in seat), ride is terrible, noise from exhaust with top down you can't talk to your passenger. Wind (5' 11") hits you in face due to the tiny windshield. Brakes were terrible, very little room for brake/gas so left foot can't stretch out. I've owned small cars and an Opel GT for a few years. Nice to drive 3 - 5 miles, that would be it.

ok car

by FlatheadV8 from New York | June 6, 2007

It was mostly Ok car to own. I loved the styling and it was a satisfying vehicle to drive. The car was a pig to drive in the rain and stopping sometimes was tricky as we have no ABS on our cars. I reccomend this car to those who would drive this car on the weekends and are not looking for a sports car. There are much bettter overall cars than the Prowler but none come with these great looks.

Featured Services for this Chrysler Prowler