2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Good gas saver

by Peter from WI | December 5, 2013

I've been happy with this car. I've save money in gas and runs very good. It's also very spacious in the back....

great transportation vehicle

by Mopar Father from Herscher, Il | September 23, 2013

great transportation vehicle for my son to drive to community college. Wish it had a modern 8 speed transmission for better mileage.

Best Small Car for use

by Mike from Euless | March 8, 2013

This is best small car run great and look really beautiful. If you like good gas mileage and dnt want to spend too much get this car best for the price.

Shocking

by PT109 from | August 8, 2012

I bought a PT the other day and less than twenty miles later, the transmission stopped working. Enough sasid.

Love the Practicality.

by Cruiser for Life from New Jersey | January 23, 2012

This is my second 2002 PT Cruiser. The first was totalled two years ago. I replaced it with a Lexus ES300 and although the Lexus was luxury, I missed my PT Cruiser. Love it, Love it, Love it. Don't get me wrong, it is not without its faults. Missing a few creature comforts, but what is missing in comfort, it more than makes up for in practicality. Let me tell you how I fit a Loveseat for my daughter room in the back of it with the trunk completely closed with the seats removed. Oh and on separate occassions a bathtub, a washing machine, a stove... It is like having a truck when you need one, and a family sedan when you don't and with more MPG than any truck I know. I love it and have never been happier with a car purchase.

Good on Gas

by Love My Truck from chicago illinois | December 5, 2011

I would say the 2002 PT Cruiser is a decent car for the money..It isnt without its faults ,the timing belt and the serpentine belt need to be replaced at 70thousand miles..the brakes seem to go bad and make a lot of noise .Had them replaced still making noise.weird electrical issue with the turn signal just ordered a replacement ,but other then that it is doing its job.

80k check the timing belt!

by Jazzdrummer from Old Fort, NC | October 30, 2011

I bought her new in 2002. Its been a great car, comforable on long trips, roomy inside, seats fold down for hauling lots of stuff. Great sounding radio too. However, I let it go to 130k and never checked the timing belt (my fault) it cost $2200 to repair the damage when the belt broke. But she's home now and I'm glad she's back.

6 Good years

by Spencer from NE FL | December 30, 2010

I bought my cruiser gently used with 20,000 miles on it. I've been good to her and she's been good to me. It's a very comfortable ride and easy to drive and park. I have not had any of the previously mentioned issues with my vehicle.

with a grain of salt

by Bunny Hugger from NE FL | December 29, 2010

I bought my cruiser gently used at 2 years of age with 20,000 miles. I have taken care of her and she has taken care of me. I have not had any of the previously mentioned issues and the car is very comfortable and easy to drive. I definitely feel like I got my money's worth out of this car.

Crappppy car

by Leopardlady2k from Sweetwater,Tx | March 23, 2010

I have replaced the fan 3 times in 3 years. And the transmission once. It has gone out again and the motor is gone too.

Featured Services for this Chrysler PT Cruiser