2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser

21 city / 27–29 hwy

Overall

Practical, reliable and economical

by Karter from Kelowna, BC | February 9, 2014

Bought my car used, 2yrs old, and it has served me well in our 9 yrs together Maintained it regularly and at 200,000 km had to do some major repairs, radiator, water pump, timing belt, and rotors but not unexpected at that point. Unfortunately after all that the transmission went at 208,000 km so I'm saying goodbye to a really great auto that served me very well. Excellent value for the price and comfortable for my 5ft 3 frame. Loved my PT!

Fantastic 2003 Dream Cruiser 2

by CJ from San Francisco, Ca | February 4, 2014

Our 2005 blue PT Cruiser High Output Turbo GT was totaled in a hit and run, we were so sad, it had been a fantastic car for us for 9 years. We were not ready to give it up. We found our "new" 2003 Tangerine Dream Cruiser 2 on cars.com, we bought it and love it. The 5 speed stick is fun and the standard turbo has plenty of power and gets great mileage. We found the car to be just as advertised and are just thrilled with it, in fact we like it even better than our 2005 PT Cruiser, perhaps because of the seat heaters and great color.

One Cool PT

by hemidart from Fairborn, Ohio | June 3, 2013

I believe that with it's retro 40's styling the PT Cruiser is going to be one of those cars that only come along every once in a while with a timeless design. And since it's demise at the end of 2010 it might be temporally on the wane, but I also believe it will make a strong resurgence in collector car guise. That is especially true for the very limited 2003 Tangerine Dream (about 1800 units), the Series 2 Dream Cruiser is generally believed to be the most desirable of them all. State Farm is already writing policies as agreed value collector car insurance, a status given only to the Dream Cruiser, and very rare for a 10 model year old car. This is yet another indicator of future status as a collectable. Great driver, Great performance, and even respectable gas mileage.

most lemon of a car I've ever owned

by jaup2 from New york | March 11, 2012

What i thought I was getting a great car turned out to be nothing but a lemon.... I bought this for a get a round car.... looked nice lots of room esp for my husband whose 6' but that is all the good I can say about it... I bought it for $8,000. had 53,000 miles on it. In June 2011 to Nov. of 2011 I had 58,000 on it. My husband put an additional $2000. into the car for repairs... not happy at all... Sure I did get the extra warranty at the time I purchased the car, but it didn't cover for what was wrong...grrrrr so I'm now looking for a new 2012 car to trade the piece of junk in for and see if I can re-coupe some of the loss....I wouldn't recommend this to a friend at all...

Number 3

by sailingzeek from Washington | March 7, 2012

I bought this PT used because I have two others that I bought new. They are both stick shifts. I wanted an automatic to be used as my primary car while I remodel an old home. Besides normal usage the PT will be used as a truck and as a long distance tourer. No other vehicle compared nor stacked up to this little hard working wonder.

So far, so good...

by Car Jones from Seattle, WA | December 12, 2011

Only owned for a couple of months, so I cannot comment on reliability too much. We have had an electrical glitch with the remote lock/unlock, but nothing serious. I can tell you that for a small car, the inside is very roomy, very versatile and cool looking! Ride is also smooth and quiet. With only a 4 speed tranny, the MPG is not great...mid 20's. Seeing as you can buy these pretty cheap, I think they are a great value.

decent car

by kid-car guy from san jose, ca | October 31, 2011

There was nothing fancy about the car, but interior & exterior were in great condition. It had plenty of room for someone 6'6" and easy storage for a bike or kids in the back. Mine was a standard transmission and I get great mileage from it. IAcceleration is ok not great, at speed it drives and handles well. Buying used I ended up putting almost another $1000 into it to get some details fixe: timing belt, exhaust gas recirc-relays, brakes & one wheel bearing.

It's not what I thought it would be.

by LJ Penguin from Chicago, IL | July 5, 2010

I got my PT Cuiser in 2003. It was fine the first year or so, but then things went wrong. I've been told that there are a whole bunch of problems with my suspension system. The parts that I have replaced are very expensive. I really liked the way this car looked. Whatta ya goin' do? I told Chrysler that they're not getting my business.

Greatest car I have ever owned

by Arizona Cruiser from Arizona | January 23, 2010

Great on mileage, comfortable , great looking and can move things in back like a small pick-up truck. Take out the back seat completly and even more room. Very easy to do. Best versatile car on the road.

All i can say is WOW

by My Baby from Marietta, Pa | June 30, 2009

I got my 03 PT Limited about 3 weeks ago and i love it. I got it on my 18th brithday after having an 05 PT base i had to upgrade and i love it. i plan on keeping this car for awhile til another Pt comes along there will always have my heart!!!!

Featured Services for this Chrysler PT Cruiser