2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Great Car

by Mr PT from NH | November 3, 2013

Great little car cheap to run. This car is good on gas and parts if it needs something are also cheap but I think its a great little car.

Snappiest Car on the Road

by PT LOVER from Minnneapolis, Mn | July 27, 2013

I bought a 2003 PT Cruiser Base new and put 210,000 miles on it and loved every mile...granted I had to put some money into to keep it running smoothly...but nothing that normal wear and tear did not dictate....I just sold the PT and bought another higher end car but missed my PT so much went out and bought a 2008 yesterday for a second run around car....and love it also! Only had it a day...but think it will be as fun and reliable as the last....now I am looking for a low mileage convertible PT....sigh...sure wish they still made this snappy little car!

dont buy this car worst car ever

by jack hin from newoleans,la | February 20, 2013

dont buy this car. It is a rip of.for.the.price this car my car had all kind if problems to pthe oiunt where tge deremind.me.of.my old.pt.crusier it had the same.kind.of.pro.as.this one to.one day finally cluncked.out . I would.not.buy.this car.it has been seviced to many times.wich mean its.about to.break. A computer had to be replaced and a.timing belt. Its clear to.to a owner was taking care of it but most lkey it just a.pt crusier because a co worker car also had all.kinds.of electrical probems. This car do not seem like a car.u should want to buy especialy if u r going to.have to put mone itno tieds and more.thing once.u buy it..please.dont.buy this.car..

Good Value For the Money

by Dave from Los Angeles | December 17, 2012

First, the PT Cruiser is not an economy car. Just because it is a 'small' car, don't think you will get 22 mpg city, 30 mpg highway. I get 18 mpg city, 24 mpg highway, average 19.5 overall. Think of it as a small SUV, with seats that fold down or pop out, you can carry as much as a big SUV, including a mountain bike, with the front tire still on. Try to do that in Honda Fit. I bought a 2008 loaded Turbo in 2012 with 34,000 miles for $9800. Dealers want $15,000 to $16,000 for a used Honda Fit or Nissan Versa, with less power, ugly styling, cheaper interior materials. No, I dont get 24 mpg average. But the $5,000 I saved will buy a heck of a lot of gas.

pt cruisers

by peanut gallery from sonoma, ca | June 27, 2012

what a loser piece of junk of a car... do not buy this accident waiting to happen. I have had to replace the windshield twice, the spoiler in the front is useless. the mileage is horrible, it isnt comfortable front or back at all.

pt cruiser

by sandhammaren05 from Houston, Tx | January 5, 2012

Three years ago we bought a 2008 PT Cruiser from a close friend who makes a living buying wrecks at auction and rebuilding them. The car had 12000 miles, now has 49000. It's the most comfortable touring car I've ever driven (compared with VW, BMW, Ford Contour, various vans, and Opel Vectra (in Germany)). I really like not having to squat to sit down, there is enormous leg room fore and aft, and even the back seat is comfortable. We drove 4000 miles, W. Tx., N.M., Az., Col., Christmas 2010, and I was never tired. The car handles like a sports car, has excellent suspension and does not oversteer or understeer. The gas mileage is awful, 19 mpg towing a small boat, 23.5 mpg cruising on an interstate at 80-90 mph. I've even hauled 15-25 hp outboards back to Tx. from Ky., weighing 77-120 lb., in the hatchback trunk. And there was still room for baggage. You pack vertically instead of horizontally. Best touring and towing car I ever drove, hands down. Also, the car cost $8000 and the only sign of the wreck is that the left rear door closes a bit hard. Unfortunately, the side mirrors must be adjusted manually.

did i buy a lemon? or are all cruisers like this?

by jswade from memphis, tn | May 21, 2011

in 2009 i bought a used 2008 pt cruiser that had about 48000 miles already on it. within 6 months it started overheating. got that fixed for about $700. then within a year after that it started overheating AGAIN. another $1500 to realize that this "SUV" has a dodge neon engine. thanks for letting me know that quality is not #1 here. next time, i'm getting a toyota.

Looks Great, Feels Great!

by (InsertNicknameHere) from Ohio | May 21, 2011

I bought a Used PT Cruiser Touring Edition (Non-Turbo) about a week ago and traded in my 2005 Chevy Cobalt. My PT Cruiser has 48,000 miles on it. First of all, I should say that this car offers a generous amount of space for both driver and passenger, unless you're sitting in the middle of the rear seats. I'm 6'3", 230lbs. and have no problems with getting in or out of this vehicle, having poor legroom, or anything of that nature. This car handles excellently on the open road and accelerates well-enough to make it down the entrance ramp and get you on the highway at appropriate speed with no problems. I read a previous review where it was mentioned that they have difficulty accelerating their PT Cruiser uphill and maintaining speed, however, this (Ohio Valley) is quite a hilly area and I will report that I have not experienced that problem. This automobile rides quite smoothly and barely notices potholes. In fact, the only negative aspect of this vehicle with respect to performance is the turning radius. I have found that it can be difficult to pull into (and even moreso back out of) tight parking spots. That's an issue that can very easily be avoided where I live, but at the same time, I would not recommend this car to someone in a major city unless they are really good at parking to begin with. The exterior styling is a throwback to cars of the 30's-50's. I have heard many say that it looks like a, "Gangster," or, "Mobster," car. The only thing I can really say about the exterior styling is that I love it. I could go into detail, but it would be pointless because: 1.) Taste in design is purely subjective, and 2.) You can find any number of pictures of them on-line and make your own decision. The interior design is very classy, clearly modeled to look like a luxury vehicle. If I could give the interior design four-and-a-half stars, I would. My only objection to the interior design is that it is very difficult to get to the button for your read-out on the left: (1.) Temperature/Direction/Radio Function-Station-CD Track 2.) Miles per Gallon 3.) Distance-to-Empty 4.) Elapsed Trip Time) while the car is in motion. The read-outs on the right are a bit easier (Odometer, Trip Distances, etc.) are a little more accessible. I do not warrant this minor nuisance as being worthy of subtracting an entire star, though. I have nothing else to say about the interior design, again, I love it, but pictures are easy enough to find. I consider this automobile great value for the money, given both the Used Car valuations that can be found on this site as well as the MSRP's at the time the automobile came out. Regardless of whether or not someone appreciates this car's exterior appearance, I doubt if there are very many people at all that do not consider the automobile unique. Furthermore, I think that the cargo space is more than sufficient, and the extra shelf that comes with the automobile makes it very convenient for loading breakable/smashable groceries separate from non-breakable groceries without having to clog up your seating area. There are many who complain about the fuel economy of this automobile, but I find these complaints rather odd. Information concerning the EPA's Estimated Fuel Economy 19-City 24-Highway is readily attainable, so nobody should be surprised when this vehicle does not give them the gas mileage that many others would. I reset my MPG's monitor when I drove it off of the lot, and after one week and 300 miles (even split between city/highway) I'm cruising along at 23.4 MPG's. That's a far cry from the 29.8MPG's (Combined) in my Cobalt, but I knew that was coming. Why does everyone act so surprised? I'm giving reliability an assumption-based five stars, I'll either update this review or post a new one if the situation changes. Again, I've only had it for a week. Overall, if you're an individual that's looking for a unique-looking, comfortable vehicle at a reasonable price that includes many of the frills one can expect to find in a luxury automobile, then the Chrysler PT Cruiser may be the automobile for you. I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone that is greatly concerned with MPG's or saving money on gas (That won't happen), and I would not recommend it to anyone living in a big city because this thing would be a nightmare to park in a tight, but crowded, area.

Good Car

by AAT from ca | April 20, 2011

Comfort: I am compare this car with my 2004 sonata. The seats of this car is so hard and uncomfortable, specially the drivers neck pillow. so I decrease 1 star. and another star for the break pedal level that is so high! I ask the dealer to adjust it. but they told me it is not adjustable. Performance:For sure it is not as good as sport cars. but I expect more.The gas millage is 18-24 mpg (compare to my sonata 24-29) with the less power! exterior styling: simply I do not like it! Interior Design: It is nice and I like it. Value of the money: I bought this car used for 6000 with about 50000 millage! I think think it is unbelievable! Reliability: So far so good! I hope this can you guys.

Best Used Car Purchase

by PT Mitchy from El Paso TX | February 12, 2011

Considering the world raves about Honda, my PT LX replaced a 2000 Honda Civic that at 74,000 miles blew its Automatic Transmissoin, I will never purchase another Honda again!! The PT however has been great, more space than a civic, very versatile for carting people or things. The engine isn't performance oriented but then again its intent isn't to do that, but it keeps up with traffic easily and has plenty of passing power. It is stylish enough and can be presentable anywhere...not something you can easily find in the economy crowd. The equipment is generous and I love the different functions of the trip computer. My little PT has already gone to Austin twice and Las Vegas in a single year and has already earned 30,000 miles on top of the 40,000 it had when i purchased it (former rental) All in all the best car I have ever purchased.

Featured Services for this Chrysler PT Cruiser