2009 Chrysler PT Cruiser

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Definately for me

by motor head from Rittman,Ohio | December 15, 2012

I always wanted one of these. I finally got a 2009 in 2010. I needed a vehichle that was easy to get into and out of because of back problems. This vehicle has far exceeded my expectations. It has plenty of pep. 21 mpg on my daily compute,26 mpg on the highway. I had one problem with the vehicle shutting off at highway speeds. This is a common Chrysler problem that they have never addressed. It is the ignition switch and after that was replaced there have been no other problems. The PT is coming up on 50,000 miles now.I love it.

Great Buy for the Money

by Cruiser Fan from Eastern South Dakota | May 30, 2012

I have driven one of these cars for more than two years. My first impression is that it has more room in the car than I thought there would be. It's quite comfortable. it runs quietly, drives easily, and has pretty good pickup speed when needed. It's easy to get in and out of the car. For a two hundred pound person, I find this an easy econonmical vehicle for town and country driving. Obviously, gas mileage is dependent on where and how one drives. But I get a bit over twenty miles per gallon in town, and twenty-eight on the highway. I don't like where the window control is, and the side where the gas cap is. But overall, it's a great car to own.

Surprise buy

by Pt lover from Belleville, MI | February 1, 2012

Went to dealer looking for 2010 Cruiser. Found that one was gone but there was the 2009 instead. Bought it 2 days later. Loving it. We moved our whole apartment using it. Even the sofa! Very versitile vehicle.

for comfort, not for reliability

by No More PT's for me from Baton Rouge, La | November 1, 2011

Very cute, just enough room for me and my only child. Terrible on tires, not reliable UNTIL you spend 1/2 the value of the car replacing stock parts.

Slightly more tinny, but still good value

by Bernie from San Diego, CA | July 13, 2011

Traded in my well-liked 2004 PT Cruiser with standard shift for a 2009 model with an automatic. The newer model is less quiet, with a whiny transmission at 60 mph that only shifts frequency at 75 mph. It has less upholstery to dampen the interior noise. Gas mileage is 24 highway or city, less than with a standard shift. Still a comfortable ride, and good hauling capacity. Has good pep and acceleration. For the money, it's reasonable.

NOT BAD

by RCSRNO from RENO,NEVADA | October 8, 2010

DONT KNOW I WOULD END UP WITH A PT CRUISER BUT I LIKED IT FROM THE BEGINNING..I WAS THINKING ABOUT GETTING A HHR BUT HEARD IT'S HARD TO SEE OUT OF. THE BACK SEAT IS VERY COMPRTBLE EVEN WHEN IM 6-3..

Featured Services for this Chrysler PT Cruiser