2010 Chrysler PT Cruiser

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Best. Car. Ever.

by Blues Cruise from Alexandria, VA | July 20, 2013

I snatched up one of the last low mileage Cruisers from 2010, the final year they were made. This is the fourth one our family has owned. I would have continued to buy these cars the rest of my life.

PT CRUISER FAN

by TWOGREENEYES from Louisiana | September 1, 2012

My third PT CRUISER - Lost my 2005 in an accident and replaced it with a 2010 model. Now have two 2010 models under the carport. Not known for there gas milege averaging only 17 miles to the gallon, these cars are however peppy, styling, comfortable (6'4"), and great value for the money. All cars require upkeep; use oil filter with check valve, use OEM Coolant, and front wheel bearings are under spec. for vehicle and can require replacement. If maintained this car can provide reliable transportation for many years. Also note if kept up resale value is very good since this classic is no longer in production.

Hope they make them again soon.

by Owsley from Moundsville, WV | August 19, 2011

Last May (2010) I bought this PT Cruiser. It was one of the last ones made, and it was the "Couture Edition" which is a tutone Black and Silver, with a red pinstripe separating the two colors. The car is loaded. It had cruise control, foglights, red leather heated seats, satellite radio, four wheel disc ABS brakes, side airbags and satellite radio. Because of rebates, and the dealer wanting to get rid of his last PT, I paid only 16,500 for it. The car is put together well..no squeaks or rattles after 20K miles. I only had to have it back to the dealer once, to have the radio replaced, because of a dim LED display on the radio. It was fixed right away, and all is well with the car. I have only two gripes. Performance from the standard 2.4 liter engine isn't that spectacular, but the car is good on the highway, and has no trouble passing thru traffic when heeded. Gas mileage is not too great...maybe 24 MPG at best. I know it was voted as one of the ugliest cars on the Click & Clack poll, but I like how it looks, and how practical and roomy it is. Maybe Chrysler will bring it back by building it on a more economical and better performing Fiat platform. They could still sell many with a redesign.

Best driving car I've owned

by A Grandmother Car from Taylorsville Nc | May 4, 2011

I have owned 2 PT Cruisers. They are easy to get in and out of when you reach your Senior Years. I do not understant why Chrysler stopped manufacturing this car. It seems to be very popular in the area I live in.

Very vesitile

by PT Lady from SW Florida | May 1, 2011

This is my second PT Cruiser. I purchase a 2010 because they have stopped making them. I hope it lasts as long as my 2003. My husband doesn't like it for long trips (6'4" 240 lbs), but it's my favorite car of anything I haved owned. I traded a Lincoln LS for my '03 PT and never regretted it for a moment. It is the perfect car for my needs and activities. I can carry more cargo and fit in things my husband can't get in his SUV/Jeep Grand Cherokee. It's not a hig performance car, but it is extremely practical.

gas mileage

by tugspal from kansas city, mo | February 15, 2011

I would never recommend this car to anyone. I love the look of the car, always wanted one. The gas mileage is horendus! I only get 18-19 mpg for a 4 cylinder engine. Looks nice, but sucks at the pump....LITERALLY!

PT Looser

by Nick from Chicago | November 3, 2010

I owned this car and let me tell you, "There's a reason that these are the last of the lot". You're in for a real treat when you find out how poorly this car is constructed. After about a year, you'll start hearing squeaks and rattles everywhere to the point of insanity. At two years, the transmission becomes so sloppy, that driving this car will make you want to loose your lunch. Finally, the depriciation of this car is a travesty. This is what Union Labor is renowned for. I can't believe taxpayers were forced to bailout companies like Chrysler.

Last of the lot

by Retro from MN | July 8, 2010

Wanted one since they came out, and this was my last chance. They have only one model and its very well equipped. I love the looks and the ease of entry and exit... its perfect for me (a senior driver). Mileage: 28 and 29 for overall driving; I switched over to synthetic at 500 miles. Quiet ride. Best part: the way the car 'tracks' on the highway.. it stays right in the groove without much attention. Bought it new for under $15,000. Bright red!

Buy on sale for $13,000 with auto - what a deal

by HQINUSA from Dallas, TX | November 15, 2009

For a car that has pw, pl, front side airbags, auto, ac, the list goes on.... Just bought a 2009 with lifetime warranty for thirteen k. Not even the low cost foreign maker can compare to the features, pricing and warranty.

Featured Services for this Chrysler PT Cruiser