1999 Chrysler Sebring

Available in 4 styles:  Sebring 2dr Coupe LX shown

Overall

Fabulous Car!

by lizardicus from Central Oregon | July 22, 2012

I love this car! Bought it new in 1999 and it currently (2012) has 92,000 miles. I've had to invest very little for repairs: --recently replaced the thermostat ($140) and --headlamp switch or relay(?) ($75); --It's received regular maintenance, including oil & filter changes every 4-5k miles; brakes; battery, etc. I find it very comfortable (driver's seat has great, adjustable lumbar support) and road handling is superb. I have very few issues, but they are: --squeaky brakes, usually when weather is a little damp; --the windshield is low, so a tall driver may have to crouch forward to see a stoplight for example - I'm 5'6", it's fine for me; --when the top is up, the blindspot is fairly large - not a problem, I just have to be diligent with lane changes and backing-up --cup holders, as another reviewer mentioned, the placement on the forward, center console makes them unusable anything other than a standard-size soda can or bottle. I love this car so much, that (even though the paint was in excellent condition), when I needed to repair a fender scrape, I opted to have the whole car repainted, because I didn't care for the color. I have no intentions of selling or replacing the car for many more years.

got more miles w/the less repairs then any car I e

by mickels from kentucky | May 9, 2011

great value nice loking car have 180,000 miles very few repairs I know chrysler gets someknocks but not this particualr car mayeb i got very lucky looking for another

Very good used car

by Iknowcars from Mt.Juliet, TN | March 18, 2011

This car is my first. It has never given me problems. It is wonderful to look at and although it is not a sports car it still has decent power behind it. A fantastic first car.

NEED TO KNOW!!!!!!!

by Kid From FL from FL | March 20, 2010

Just to let you know, when you go to buy these cars, you should but one that has been nicely used... Unlike the first review(with 23,000 miles) you shoule get one that has been driven everyday with about at least 50,000 miles or more due to the fact that if these cars sit in a garage, they tend to go really bad really fast... I would know because my grandmother did that with her Sebring and it totally died on her one day and the phrase "total internal destruction" was used to describe the condition of the engine.

1999 Chrysler Sebring Convertible

by Disappointed with this American Made Car from Northern Colorado | August 18, 2009

Purchased this vehicle with 23,000 miles in 2002. Great car in the beginning, but lots of problems since 2005. Repairs usually require tearing apart a large portion of the vehicle - even for usually easy repairs. *Dash lights went out ($500 to fix) *Radio no longer works *CD player no longer works *Right passenger door only opens from the outside *A/C does not work *Vehicle turns off while driving (very dangerous on the free-way!) Not sure if I got a lemon or if these problems are common with the Sebring. Has certainly soured my experience with Chrysler.

This car makes me feel good about what I'm driving

by Looking for an open road from Indianapolis, IN | March 20, 2008

I have driven this car for almost a year now. I love the way it handles and feels while I'm on the road. Others must like the way it looks becuase it's a real head turner. It's a great car for just an adult night out on the town as well as packing up the kids and the dog for a drive out to the park. There is more room on the inside than you assume. I would however liked to of had a better place to put my drink. While there is a cup holder , I like the bigger drinks and this cup would not fit. I did find a place in the middle console to wedge my drink without spilling it, but would rather of had that use for an arm rest. I would and have reccommend this car to friends and family. I let my sister and my mother drive it for the day over the summer so they could have the top down. They are both in love with the style and the comfort and in the process of looking for there new Sebring convertible.

The Perfect Convertible

by Still mourning in Ohio from Columbus, Ohio | October 5, 2007

I have just recently had to say goodbye to this car due to a collision but had it not been for that, at 157,000+ miles he'd still be purring along the road. I can't say how happy I was with this car for long road trips or driving around town. In buying an older vehicle the biggest risk is always wondering what its reliability will be and for that I struck the jackpot. I had only a minor oil pan gasket leak to deal with and replacement of the tie-rod-ends both of which were very resonable. About $65 and $250 respectively. Over the course of 3 year I put nearly 100k miles on it and he didn't even blink. Highly recommended to anyone who has long legs like mine (6'3") and doesn't want to feel bad about cramming friends into a tiny back seat. Me and my family (all 6' and taller) comfortably rode from VA to FL with no complaints at all about leg room... just remember to bring sunscreen. :-)

Absolutely the best car on the road

by Shane from Indianapolis, IN | March 17, 2007

I've owned one of these for 200,000 miles and 7 years. Only replaced alternator, brakes (twice), and a single tune-up and timing belt (and water pump) change. Only mechanical failure was a crankshaft (CKP) sensor at 117,000 miles. Best car I've ever owned, hands down.

Great reliable Convertible for price

by cool mike from Shawnee, KS | March 14, 2007

I bought the Sebring JXI model in June 06 with 38,000 miles. It was well taken care of by the previous owner. I now have 49,000 miles on it. It has been very reliable with the exception of the squeaky brakes. I have had them looked at a few times and there is nothing wrong, they just squeak until warm. Other than that, it has been a great car. I normally buy only Japanese cars but have been very satisfied and would reccommend.

great car

by dolphin from harrisburgh,PA | March 5, 2007

I used this car for two years and it is awesome. Anti-theft Security System, Air Conditioning, 17 inch Rim Size, Power Brakes, Power Steering, Dual front air bags/active belts, 4 speed automatic Transmission, AM/FM CD, 152 Cubic Inch Displacement, Tilt Wheel, Front Wheel Drive, Power Windows, 6 Cylinders

Featured Services for this Chrysler Sebring