2001 Chrysler Sebring

20 city / 27–30 hwy

Overall

Falling Apart

by Logan from Iowa | March 3, 2014

Got the 4 door model during my last year of high school at with only 55,000 miles on it. Worked great with very few problems all through college. Made it about 5 years perfectly fine and have put about 30,000 more miles on it myself. However, the last 5 months have been horrible. I have had a transmission blow, a rear strut break, and now my air bag light is on (believe the clock spring broke). On top of that in the last year the door panels have both broken. The passenger side panel pulls all the way out when someone tries to close it. The window control counsel has fallen completely in on the driver's side. Additionally, the trunk only stays up by itself about 50% of the time. Occasionally it will stay up by itself just long enough for you to think it's good only to whack you in the back of the head. To top it all off, the car just sounds terrible when it starts up. Kind of in sell now mode right now as I'm just waiting for the next thing to break on this car.

good value for the price

by prettiest car I ever had from Tucson AZ | January 11, 2014

I had an 03 LXI convertible and loved it . However at about 79 thousand miles it would blow out a little puff of blue smoke when starting out from a traffic light but not every time . I babied that car so well with regular service and didn't understand why the smoking . I turned it in for an 01 Limited and I just love having a convertible and wanted to give it another try . The car has only 33 thousand miles on it and has been kept flawless by the older couple that turned it in for another car . Yes I believe not all 2.7 v6 engines will smoke but I will be keeping a real close watch on my oil changes and will pray I don't have a bad 01 engine as I have heard a-lot of people have had .

My Florida Car

by Bob D. ,N.Fort Myers, Florida from North Fort Myers, Florida | May 6, 2013

Bought a 2001 Sebring Limited Conv. from Performance Autos of SW Florida. So far, great car. Looks and drives very well. It's my car when I am at my Florida home. Glad to have it, cool car.

Chrysler Sebring convertible

by Tom from NY | January 22, 2013

I have owned one since 2001. It was classy and reliable. I never had a problem with it during it's life. Tires oil change only thing that it needed. As for Sandy it took it, 4 and 1/2 feet of salt water. It was up in miles but still made the trip from NY to NJ for that many years. Mine "as I believe" built in US. Would I and am I will buy another. I have a Chrysler Jeep and a Toyota camary. I will take that sebring any day.

2nd Sebring Convertible, Best one yet!

by Sebring Vert lover! from Dallas, TX | December 30, 2012

I bought my 2001 Limited on Oct 31st, 2001. It's been one of the best cars I've ever owned. Never left me stranded and always provided a good comfy ride. Now with 89,000 mi, it's relegated to weekend trips/summer fun. Been taking it the over 3000 mi to Carlisle, PA from Dallas, TX the last few years for the All-Chrysler Nationals. Love driving it! Sure, the 2.7L v6 had problems, those were fixed by 2004. Not all 2001's had issues, as evidenced by my experience. This Sebring has seen Canada, Mexico, and 37 states in the US. It's got lots of miles left, and I'll be the owner for all of em. My previous Sebring vert, a 1997 JX, was a good car, this 2001 Limited is a GREAT car!

Time Bomb

by none from fl | January 27, 2012

No matter how appealing this car looks..DO NOT BUY ONE!!!!! The 2.7 has a documented history of major engine failure..Mine blew the engine at 72k miles with no warning and it's now a $10.000 hunk of scrap metal..If you own one and the oil sending unit goes bad replace it and sell it the next day..The sending unit will be the only warning you may get before the engine blows at a cost of $6000 to repair!!

Love the comfort and style

by Sebring family from Fremont NE | April 22, 2011

This car always seems to turn heads. Easy to drive, and dependable in driving in the icy weather. Found that the gas mileage is very good. Will be buying another Sebring again.

Review is wrong

by Rj from | April 8, 2011

the person who's review said they saw this car in person is not correct. This is a new listing. There is NO hole in the roof and nothing wrong with the engine. That is not a review about this particular car. Thank you.

Do Not buy

by silverwolf from 12601 | September 22, 2010

I bought this car brand new in 2001. It is a fully loaded LXi with all the options. It has 145k miles on it. To date I have put nearly $10K into this car. Everything from a transmission, contol arms, struts, computer modules, etc. The dealer (Rhinebeck NY) had it for service at 60K miles and twodays later the engine seized (they paid for that one). I will never buy another Chrysler product!

2001 Sebring Limited Convertible

by Dood Ranch from Philadelphia | August 12, 2010

for the money, no other convertible comes close. great ride, great value, great trunk space, reliability has been better then expected. Still looks great. People think it is new and I have put 138,000 miles on it. LOVE this car. Looking to find another one between the year 2002 and 2006 with heated seats. In 2001, heated seats wasn't an option and I wish it had that feature!

Featured Services for this Chrysler Sebring