2003 Chrysler Sebring

Available in 8 styles:  2003 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

chrysler sebring LXI -best car I've ever owned

by oddly attached to my car from | August 23, 2012

This car has been a joy to own. It has needed little other than routine maintenance. It rides great, the interior is loaded and the engine has had no issues. Even as the mileage crept up, it has started like a charm in cold weather and handled well in bad weather. I owned a volvo wagon in the 90s and this car has that beat by alot! Go figure. My son is a mechanic and doesn't want me to get rid of it but I'm in the mood for something different.

Don't make the same mistake

by James from Cincinnati, OH | July 15, 2012

I purchased this car used with about 75,000 miles on it. I had the GTC convertible. Inside and out the car looked flawless. I had leather interior. Pros: Leather held up great. No rips or tear problems and very little cracking so +1 for that. Car drives very smooth too and handles well in the corners +1. I’m 6’2 250lbs and it was comfortable to drive, lots of interior room. +1 Stock radio with 6cd changer sounded great too. +1 Cons: Lots of repairs. I had it for about 25,000 miles, from 75k-100k. During that time I did extensive suspension work to the front end. Had 1 tie rod break. Convertible motor was very sluggish and failing but didn’t go out. The seals around the convertible top failed and needed to be replaced as there was wind noise and leaking. Water pump when out. Worst of all of them. The little oil light flickered. I had my shop give it a look. I’m very mechanically inclined and he offered to show me the problem. Turns out there is a major design flaw with the 2.7 engine that causes oil sludge. He explained to me replacing a small screen at the bottom of the oil pan with a slightly longer one, more frequent oil changes (2000 miles), and using full synthetic from time time the car was new would have prevented the problem but standard oil on 3k change interval without the repair meant the engine was on its last leg at 100k miles. We looked at getting a new/rebuilt/or used engine but due to the frequency of this problem its nearly impossible and the ones we could get were more than the car was worth. I’m very sad to see this car go as it was fun to drive. Just please be aware when purchasing this car you will not likely get very many miles out of it and you should have that repair done asap before it destroys your engine.

Great Car

by Daniel from El Paso,TX | February 16, 2012

Since I bought the car had never any trouble with it, great car! Performance and mileage is good. i love the design and interior is comfy!

Catostrophic engine failure in chrysler 2.7

by Samantha from Colorado | May 13, 2011

If your looking to buy a chrysler id be very careful i bought a 2003 sebring with the 2.7 engine and i only put 13,000 miles on it and the engine blew. these particular engines are known for catostrophic engine failure if you dont do oil changes very frequently. ive researched this nand have become very informed and wish to inform others before they make the same mistake as me and just have a nice car in your driveway that doesnt go. I am keeping mine and replacing the engine because i found a place in MI that specializes in these engines that have a better quality water pump. good luck

Ticking Time Bomb

by JMU Student from Columbus, OH | March 31, 2011

This car was decent until it hit about 90,000 miles. The transmission died when we were in the middle of nowhere. When I inherited the car, it ran alright. It took forever for the car to accelerate, however. Then one day it died on me on the highway, and I had to walk a mile to the nearest phone to call AAA. Apparently there was some sort of crack somewhere on the engine. I got the car back about two weeks later and then it died on me again. It turns out it was the fuel pump, which we had to replace. Since then, we've replaced the muffler, the battery (twice in a year), and the brakes (which is standard for any car). I would not recommend this car to anyone unless you are willing to drop more money than it is worth. And don't put a teenage driver behind the wheel of this car, trust me, this was my car in high school.

most reliable car i've ever owned

by lulu's sebring from loudon, tn | September 25, 2010

i would not only recommend this car to a friend, i'd buy one for my teenaged children.this car has been a pleasure to own. the dependability, handling, and comfort level make it a great car to have.

I GOT A GOOD ONE

by R2DTWO from Charlotte, NC | April 27, 2010

My sebring convertible V6 has 80,000 miles and has never had any work done to it. I change the synthetic oil every6 k. nothing has ever broken. It rides good handles decent it has developed a couple of rattles-what convertible dosen't after 80K. Many reviews say this car has a poor reliability record, well you can't prove it by me.

very bad car

by lovecars from detroit, mi | April 15, 2010

one of the worst cars i have ever had. i had to fix it every 2 weeks for 3 month then it went ok then it started to go bad agin its very weak car maby other cars could be better then this car

One of the Most Reliable Car's that I've Owned.

by Driver from | November 14, 2009

This car has been very reliable. I have not had a lot of major issues with this car. I would recommend it to a friend. I also see cars like mine the 2003 model, on the road.

Love this car

by Dedicated Chrysler Owner from Ellenton, Florida | October 13, 2009

I specifically researched this car before I bought it last year used. This is the last Sebring built with the sporty grille. I like everything about this car except the center console and cup holders that are a hold over from the original Cirrus in 1995. I had to replace the power seat mechanism, original tires, and evaporator core, but otherwise have spent nothing more on repairs. The car now has close to 80,000 miles on it and rusns like a new one. The exterior paint is holding up very well and the styling is still very up to date. I would definitely recommend this car for an everyday roomy family car.

Featured Services for this Chrysler Sebring