2008 Chrysler Town & Country

2008 Chrysler Town & Country

Available in 3 styles:  2008 Chrysler Town & Country FWD Passenger Van shown

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Town & Country - Used - So Happy With It!

by father of 3 from Lynchburg, VA | February 25, 2014

My wife and I are having twins which brought our kid count to 3. Our Impala wasn't going to cut it anymore. My in-laws have a 2011 Town & Country Touring and we absolutely love it. When researching mini-vans, we read all the professional reviews and user comments we could. In then end we Thought the price for the vehicle was the best deal we were going to see (11,000 for 70,000 miles). One major negative stated was the road noise (I don't notice any). I'm not sure what the other vans can have on this one as far as functionality. The stow and go is going to be a huge bonus and the interface is great (even the newer foreign vans are pretty clunky). Though it rates lower than most of the top mini-vans on the market, I have a feeling those ratings are going too heavy off of non-essentials/non-factors. The functionality/reliability is what I'm worried about as a consumer, and it has both. Great Van - Would recommend to anyone.

Biggest mistake in vehicle purchase

by talanx from Beloit, WI | January 31, 2014

THIS AWAY FROM THIS VEHICLE. This vehicle and Chrysler is nothing but a joke. List of things wrong with this: 1. Brakes need to be replaced approx. every 18 months. 2. Plastic coolant hoses break. 3. Sliding door harness will break exposing wires which will end up being cut from opening and closing the doors, which will cause the door motor to go out and nothing will work on that side of sliding door including electric door, windows and heated seats. Extremely bad design and Chrysler won't cover it despite the door recall. And remember you have two sliding doors. Lol. 4. Dash-lights, wipers and a binging on and off constantly at about 60K and won't stop because of an electrical issue. 5. It will brake at anytime because of the traction control and ABS. You could be going down a straight dry road and it will brake on it's own! 6. Power-steering leaks despite the dealer replacing the line. I will have put in another $15K by the time my 6 year loan is paid. My Dad worked at Chrysler for years so I've been religious at purchasing a vehicle that supported our family. Not anymore. Chrysler and our dealership DO NOT stand by there products.

Bad News

by Disappointed from Northern Virginia | December 4, 2013

This car was great. I've owned 5 minivans and while this body style is a little on the clunky side, it has been a great car, until now. With 75,000 mile on it the car started to died unexpectily. I would be driving down the road and the engine would die and all the lights on the dash would go out. The dealer cannot find the problem. It has scared my wife to the point where she will not drive or ride in it. It used to be only when it was cold, but now it is anytime. Without warning. Search the web and you will find others with the same problem. And no one knows why. There should be a recall.

Nice mini for the money

by tigger from Wi | November 27, 2013

Bought 2008 touring and so far it has fit our needs. Nice head room and works well with the kids and all the stuff that goes along with having children. However while the interior space is more versatile my Ford flex is much nicer. The ride is better and interior quality is much nicer plus the flex has a much quieter cabin. For an inexpensive kid mover the Town and country does the job with some nice features. However if I did not need the extra versatilaty I would have bought another Ford Flex. For what it is it is a nice vehicle. A people mover with some nice options at a budget price.

great family car

by mommycar from MN | October 8, 2013

Love my new van its got enough room for the whole family. Very quiet and has lots of entertainment for the kids, the stow and go is awesome plus the swivel and go is great for long car rides.

transmission problems

by family man from | September 19, 2013

I purchased a used t and c about a year ago. Within the first month we noticed the steering wheel constantly making noise. Just recently I went to get in the van went to shift and all of a sudden the tranny was grinding took it in to 2 places and they said these vans are coming in regularily now with the warranties on them being up. Now 3000 dollars later I can get a rebuilt tranny with probably the same problem. No recall tho thanks chrysler

Good value for what you get

by MiniVan Maven from Los Angeles, CA | February 24, 2013

After 3 weeks of exhaustive research, I finally purchased a 2008 Town & Country w/48K miles. From other reviews I read, the 2008 model had major improvements in various mechanical aspects such as the transmission, so I soon focused on 2008 and 2009 years. Things I like best: it runs very quiet, all middle and rear seats are stow-n-go (they fold effortlessly under the floor) creating huge cargo space, plenty of electrical outlets and coffee holders. The only downside, of course, is fuel efficiency. While I can get 27-28mpg on the highway by being light on the pedal, it's tough to get good mpg in city driving. The vehicle came equipped w/blue tooth, which is nice, and the radio accommodates SiriusXM if you choose to subscribe, which is another plus. I bought it from a dealership and was able to get a 3 yr/36K bumper-to-bumper warranty, which I suggest for buyers of any used vehicles. The prices of the T&Cs I looked at were all at Blue Book, I soon realized it would be tough to get a real bargain on this model. But if you pay at or near the Blue Book, and you trust the seller in terms of its condition, it's worth the price. Good luck in your search!

Sick of reading about all the complaints

by Chinatown from Wisconsin | October 23, 2012

I own a 2008 T&C touring. It was purchase in 2010 with 30,000 miles. The previous owner negated to take care of the posted recalls. I took it to my local dealer and had them performed. The car now has 50,000 miles. Other then new tires and regular oil changes, I have had zero problems. The 6 speed transmission gets me 25+ on the highway. It rides like a dream, has plenty of pickup and provides all the utility anyone would want. This is the 3rd Chrysler/Dodge mini van I have owned, the 1st one in 1989. The Pentastar pionered this type of vehicle and will always be at the head of the class. There is a reason it has sold more units then any other nameplate. It is simply better then all the rest.

Chrysler

by town and country from Akron | August 18, 2012

We love this car!!!! I think everyone with children would benefit from this car. We went on vacatiion and it was a complete joy and easy to manage.

Love this van 3.8l wp chrysler signature.

by TJlee96 from Mackinaw Illinois | May 21, 2012

Just got to say good job chrysler on your minivan much cleaner lines and on this modle compared to last generations. Im about to change that brakes after 63,000 same with the rotors. everything is still stock. most realible car we have had other than are FORDS. I really recommend.

Featured Services for this Chrysler Town & Country