2012 Chrysler Town & Country

17 city / 25 hwy

Overall

Too expensive to own

by Beachgrl from New Jersey | October 7, 2014

Brake rotors inferior. They need yearly repair. Transmission bangs going from reverse back to drive. Trans. Also continues to shift back and forth while climbing a hill. Some electrical mysteries that cannot be solved. Oil change too expensive cause of synthetic oil. Road noise. Aside from that, seats are comfortable, great radio and spacious interior. I purchased my van used. After a closer look, I realized that the passenger sliding door had been replaced or had body work done on it. The door jamb ( for lack of another word) was dented and original labels were gone. The car fax of course only states what is reported!!!! The dealer didn't say anything about this of course. Getting them to give me car mats was a fiasco also. I'm now looking to get rid of it.

Poor interior

by cscbat from Sun City Center, Fl. | September 18, 2014

I leased this car in 2012. after 2 years I gave it back to the dealer with 23,000 miles on it. The transmission acquired a "clunk" when shifting, the front two seats were wearing, one at a seam on the left side of the drivers seat, and the passengers seat had a shredding area on the right side below the seating area. This model comes in at 2nd to last in reviews of all mini vans. Now I understand why.

Wonderful Van

by Eric from virginia | May 29, 2014

This is my 3rd T & C Minivan, tried a used Honda Odessey, test drive is terrible, very noisy, parts seemed to falling apart. T & C ride verhy comfortable, to my suprise, gas milage is better than my other car 2014 Honda CRV 4WD !!!

REGRET IT

by pat from los angeles, ca | March 26, 2014

I have been driving my fathers car for a week so i would have a chance to take it back to the dealer. I drive a different car and this car feels much more heavy to drive, the seats are uncomfortable, the little mirror on the roof of the car used to look into your back seat is placed awkwardly. I constantly hit myself as i step out of my door or when i place i son in his car seat. Today i strapped my son into his car seat and when i went around to the drivers side, all my car doors were locked. Im not sure if this is a flaw of the car or mine specifically but this alone is enough to make me want to return the car.

A bit too much Automation

by Bones from Sacramento, CA | March 24, 2014

The van is exactly what I planned for when expanding my family. This van offers a lot of flexibility in design; however, not having a manual backup for the passenger doors has become an issue. There is a problem with a cable failing in the door that means if you have an issue the door becomes a brick. I have an issue that cannot be identified where the door will open a third of the way then close several times over the course of a few weeks. When that engages the safety does not allow the door to stop but will not be fixed by the seller until completely fails. If they had a manual option to overide the automation the van would be even better. If I did not have the faults with automation I would almost give the van 5 stars because it is efficient for the value. Hopefully others have better luck!

Bought a used 2012 T & C

by Smak14me from Philadelphia | February 16, 2014

Handles great in the NE snow. It is like driving in a laz-e boy chair down the road. Love it so far. It makes getting the kids around very easy as well.

Excellent Value

by denmac from Santa Claus, IN | January 14, 2014

We purchased this car used, with 17,000 miles. Immediately took it on a 2,000 mile trip. Very comfortable, loads of space, handles well, quiet ride. Was very surprised at the gas milage, which averaged 26mpg on the highway (as good as our Honda CRV). Have been very satisfied with all aspects of the Town and Country.

Cheap car for a reason

by JSHAMADEH from Grand Blanc Mi | December 26, 2013

We leased the T&C two years ago and we hate the car as much as we think a great car to have. The car is very practical and we love that aspect but it is noisy and cheap built. The ride is extremely uncomfortable with the outside noise makes you hate driving the car or go a long distance trips which that is why we bought since we have two kids age 4 & 2.. I had a home improvement project and this car was a great car to haul things without worrying about the weather.with the stow and go makes it to convenient. I wish they put more effort in insulating the cabin from the exterior noise, it would've been a great car to have for the family. We can't wait till the end of the lease to replace it with crossover vehicle. not to mention that is a very boring car to drive.

My 9th minivan

by Phil B from Hamilton, OH | December 9, 2013

Now have 20k miles on my 2012 T&C Great comfort and interior for family use. This is my 9th minivan and the electric doors and tailgate combined with the Stow & Go seating make this a convenient setup for hauling the grandkids in their booster and child seats. Easy to get the seats in and out when necessary. I'm 6'4" and 285 lbs so a minivan is a preferred vehicle for me. This one is comfortable and the center console allows me to plug in the cell phone and bluetooth sync it to the radio unit. The dialing is simple and works with the phonebook in the phone to make it easy to make calls while on the go.

Happy with another reliable Chrysler mini-van

by Retired high school coach from Massachusetts | June 11, 2013

This 2012 Town & Country replaces a 2003 Dodge Caravan which has been passed down in the family. This 2012 is bigger, more powerfull and greatly improved and full of usefull features. Stow-n-go seating being the most usefull. The grandkids like the DVD in back. Lots of airbags, ABS, traction and stability controls & power doors. Blue-tooth, NAV and built in AC/DC inverter too. This is our 3rd Chrysler minivan since 1994. We've never had problems with these vans and the 2012 looks like it will be no different. Love it. Can't see spending the extra $$$ for its Japanese competition.